The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

Where is the UGLY yellow brick road block?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
golo

Number of posts : 13244
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Where is the UGLY yellow brick road block?   Sun May 31, 2009 8:13 pm

The last 3 rows at the bottom are from the swap and the other seven rows are from the swap bag I did with Lem, Barb, QM, and Linda2B...........thanks girls for a great scrappy quilt.

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

Number of posts : 901

PostSubject: Re: Where is the UGLY yellow brick road block?   Sun May 31, 2009 8:44 pm

Looks great, Golo. I was looking at my blocks again today...I think I will take them to the guild meeting before I sew them together so they can pick the one they think is "ugliest" lol! Then I will take the quilt back to show when I get the top done!
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Where is the UGLY yellow brick road block?   Sun May 31, 2009 11:25 pm

Very nice scrappy quilt you have there golo! And speedy too. Seems like you gals just got started on that swap. i get the urge all the time to do a scrappy and just chicken out...just don't think my scraps "match"....yes I know that may not make sense but it just seems like my scraps are too far different to ever blend.
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Where is the UGLY yellow brick road block?   Sun May 31, 2009 11:40 pm

CC go for it.. your scraps will fit no matter what colors they are... .. I love love love doing scrappies. I am thinking of cutting up FQ that I have had forever and make another scrappy... good way to use them and then I can replace them... LOL

Barb, that is a good idea... they will be amazed...

Golo

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20333

PostSubject: Re: Where is the UGLY yellow brick road block?   Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:51 am

Golo its great and what I like is you now have a quilt with bits and pieces of fabric from all your friends, now that is special indeed. I love the fat 1/4 idea, maybe you could let Ray choose 10 and then you go and shut your eyes and choose 10 or let the grandkids choose! You could have fun adn then poor thing, you would have to buy more fat 1/4s!

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Where is the UGLY yellow brick road block?   Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:48 am

I see my two ugly blocks!!! Shocked

I haven't even got my ugly blocks in the mail yet and here you are putting it all together already bad girl big sigh

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Where is the UGLY yellow brick road block?   Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:53 am

Mamu, I had so much fun with this one... hope yours come today... sure glad Bonnie thought of it... Thumbup

Golo

Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3937

PostSubject: Re: Where is the UGLY yellow brick road block?   Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:36 am

Looks great Golo!!!
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9707

PostSubject: Re: Where is the UGLY yellow brick road block?   Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:36 am

Calico_Chris wrote:
Very nice scrappy quilt you have there golo! And speedy too. Seems like you gals just got started on that swap. i get the urge all the time to do a scrappy and just chicken out...just don't think my scraps "match"....yes I know that may not make sense but it just seems like my scraps are too far different to ever blend.

I know just what you mean CC. I feel the same way. But I will get brave enough someday to try it.
Look at Golo's. It is so pretty. All the scraps "go together". It amazes me how great it looks finished, just wish I could muster up the courage to try. I will someday, I will.

Great job Golo. It is wonderful. Smitten

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

Number of posts : 901

PostSubject: Re: Where is the UGLY yellow brick road block?   Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:46 am

I used to think that my scraps didn't "go" together...and then I joined the Trading Patches swap and the blocks REALLY were diverse. I love the way my quilt turned out and there was everything in that quilt...novelties, batik, florals, you name it!
Your scraps will be wonderful! DON'T over think the design...just play!
Back to top Go down
bizkitea98

Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: Where is the UGLY yellow brick road block?   Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:37 am

I found my two blocks also - it turned out beautiful golo, I love it. Yeahhh I should start sew some more ugly blocks so I can finish the top when I get my uglies out of the swap.
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11568

PostSubject: Re: Where is the UGLY yellow brick road block?   Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:20 am

Not Uglie at all! :D
Back to top Go down
bizkitea98

Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: Where is the UGLY yellow brick road block?   Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:51 am

On saturday I found a squishy envelope in the mailbox with so many uglies. Thanks Breeze for hosting this swap. Well I think they are not ugly I like them all. I need to start sewing some more blocks to get the top done and have another UFO laying around

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is the UGLY yellow brick road block?   Today at 3:45 am

Back to top Go down

Where is the UGLY yellow brick road block?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1