The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

What's your opinion of the Viking Sapphire machine?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paws to quilt

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: What's your opinion of the Viking Sapphire machine?   Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:39 pm

I am giving some thought to up-dating my sewing maching. It's been a long time since I did that. Today I looked at a Viking Sapphire. What's your opinion..... good and/orbad scratch .
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

Number of posts : 4205
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion of the Viking Sapphire machine?   Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:39 pm

Paws - My machine is a Husqvarna Viking Designer II - I don't know how that compares to the Sapphire, but I love my machine!! I took a quick look and it seems there are 3 models of the sapphire. These are the things that came to mind that I wonder about:
1) Only the top model has the thread cutter. I really like that feature.
2) The bottom model doesn't have text for the sewing advisor. I'd want to know what you see if there's not text.
3) I don't know what the bobbin sensor is for sure - but my machine beeps a warning when the bobbin is nearly empty - another nice feature - seems it's only on the top model Sapphire.
4) If it were me, I'd want to make sure it has a nice, adjustable blanket stitch for machine applique.
How exciting for you!! For 25+ years I loved my old Elna Super, and I never complained. When I decided to update and go the DII - well, I couldn't believe how wonderful it was to have all these extra features!!
Back to top Go down
Paws to quilt

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion of the Viking Sapphire machine?   Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:26 am

QBee...thanks for your help. I did make my decision :yahoo: .
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

Number of posts : 4205
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion of the Viking Sapphire machine?   Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:33 am

PAWS!! How could you only tell us "I made my decision". What is it???
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

Number of posts : 901

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion of the Viking Sapphire machine?   Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:32 am

She's a suspenseful little devil lol!
Back to top Go down
nuffsaid

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion of the Viking Sapphire machine?   Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:43 pm

I have a Sapphire 830--the bottom model. I love it! It sews like a workhorse, it has the needle down option, which, when you stop stitching, the needle is down but the foot is up about 1/8"--enough to allow you to slip the next piece of fabric under the foot. It has a good number of stitches--and this is where I wish I had a higher version--for more stitches. I have never used a machine that had the automatic thread cutter nor does my model have the almost empty bobbin warning beep--but it's pretty easy to see through the bobbin plate to see how full the bobbin is. My machine was a gift to me--so I can't kick the gift horse in the mouth, but I really love my machine. If I could choose, I would get the top of the line model . . . One great thing about the Sapphire is that it has a 14" throat--which gives you more room for the quilt.

Viking now has the Diamond machine, which is a golly-gee-whiz machine with everything you could ever want.

Carolyn
Back to top Go down
Paws to quilt

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion of the Viking Sapphire machine?   Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:19 pm

I did purchase the Sapphire 870 yesterday. Haven't had time yet to sit down and play.
It does have some nice features. It had been 16 years since I updated.

Carolyn, that's a darn nice gift.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion of the Viking Sapphire machine?   Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:22 pm

Congratulations Paws! It's so fun to get a new machine. Did they offer you classes so you could learn all that it can do?
Back to top Go down
Paws to quilt

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion of the Viking Sapphire machine?   Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Yes Ann, there are classes. They said as many as I want or need.
And..........that may be a lot doh . So many things to learn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion of the Viking Sapphire machine?   Today at 1:14 am

Back to top Go down

What's your opinion of the Viking Sapphire machine?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1