The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:08 am

Signup is now closed.. please make sure you send your email plus your address to me via pm'g i would also like your phone #'s if you feel safe to give it to me..

Thanks for participating in our Mini Swap I know we will have lots of fun seeing what everyone comes up with..

Hugs to you all for joining..
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6209
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:28 pm

OK, here is my mini top. It's bright and cheery, like me! Marian thought it was so me too! anitas

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19916
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:15 pm

Oh WOW, thats just beautiful Anita, its great, well done, someone is going to be so thrilled to hang it in there home, a little piece from your hands, oh well done!

Admin

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:23 pm

PS I just created a gallery album for our mini quilts to be displayed, remember to put your name on it when you upload your pic :-)

Number of posts : 9361

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:24 pm

What a beautiful quilt Anita. Love those colors and the block. Going to get mine started tomorrow.

memaw4
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:06 pm

I was working on a mini to go with the new quilt for my bed. It is that BOM from Jo-Ann's called Desert Sky. I used leftover pieces (like when you make flying geese using rectangles and squares.... you can get those lovely half-square triangles.... YAY!) and some FQ's of the fabrics in the blocks. I made 4 blocks, each 4.5" finished. YES, I did say 4.5" FINISHED. YIKES!!!!! :affraid: That was hard. I have never made anything smaller than 6 inches and I did not enjoy that. But that was a long time ago... this was more fun. I had a goal to figure out how to make a true mini.... and I guess this would qualify...?? I will finish it up tonight or tomorrow... have the sashing and the cornerstones cut.... just need to get to it... and then the outside border. It won't take long. By the time it is done it will measure about 18" x 18" I think. Then I will figure out which fabrics and blocks to make for my swap mini. Perhaps ones that are a bit easier than the four I just made.... they had LOTS of tiny pieces.. like 1" finished size..... :affraid:
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:13 pm

Sure sounds to me like a mini, you are already a qualified experienced mini maker!

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:39 pm

:saddened: OH I am miserable! Dh looked at my finished top... I have the sashing all done, the border one and everything... I was even starting to look for something to use as backing.... well, he looked at it and said "Do I risk pissing you off?" I sighed slightly and said "Yes, tell me. This thing will be hanging in our room. You had better like it." He then pointed out that three of the blocks have the four corners plain, just a simple square of cream fabric... the fourth has HST that are turquoise and cream... the same cream... SIGH! big sigh The symmetry is off. HE cannot stand it when the symmetry is off, unless it is done on purpose and you can tell that it is on purpose. This wasn't and you can tell. So now I am trying to decide, do I change the offending block, making the corners just cream squares... or do I change the block that is diagonally opposite and make its corners HST with cream and some other color? I already know that I will be :redfrog: -stitching.... I just need to decide which block to change. I will ask him tomorrow, I think. He is sleeping, or trying to.... sleepy Don't want to wake the bear! HAHA
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:50 pm

Can you get some turqoise buttons and stitch them on the other 3 plain cornered blocks? Could you applique some pieces of the turqoise fabric (if its patterned) in shapes on the 3 blocks? Could you hang the quilt diagonally so its 'on point' with the different block at the bottom so it looks like supposed to be like that? You could say its an amish quilt they are supposed to have something wrong

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:17 pm

gimpy has the right idea.. just applique something over it..a blunder can turn into a great new technique..and it is your little secret you are sending to the quilter that will be getting it.. be creative put some beads on it!! use your wonderful imagination.. there is always a fix without ribit.. ribit.. ribit.. that is the beauty of a mini a mistake is always small and the fix is even smaller.. LOL
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:57 pm

I finished this one today... I really really really enjoyed working on this one... I will do the binding in the morning.... I have already found a 3rd pattern I want to do...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:28 am

Golo that is totally awesome!! love it!! Is this for your swap partner...or is this another one you are gonna keep.. LOL I bet by the time we are done you will have one made for all 20 of us.. LOL
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:41 am

LOL yah and she will keep them and have to make yet another because she wont be able to part with them LOL

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:09 am

That one is cool, Golo! WTG!

I looked at it, hanging on point. Nice idea. I like that fix.... but since it is for DH.... to hang in our room, I will let him look at it... he is up now, I hear him wandering around... I think he will like it on point. Fingers crossed! The beads and applique ideas are both great. Thank you! I just know him... anything slightly girly and he cannot handle it. If it were for #$%*$#)%(*, I am sure she would like the beads or applique motifs that I would come up with.....

Since I now know who I have, I know what I am going to do. Something not nearly so hard as this was, but still a true mini, meaning the pieces will be tiny, 1" or so.... I think @#()$()#$& will appreciate it... and like it all the more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:23 am

PK.. I also think that @#()$()#$& will love it!!

Applique might mean a fish or a toad, or something boyly( I know not a word)
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:33 am

I am so excited... :yahoo: Now I know who I have... :yahoo:

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

Number of posts : 3327

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:14 am

I just checked the like and dislike thread and the person I got is just perfect( I think!) for what I have in mind!! It must be fate!!!! I am now officially excited! I hope (*&#$% will be too!!!! dance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:08 pm

poor poor @#()$()#$& is probably going crazy on who is making their quilt..

I know I am .. the person that has me ( I know cause I am the coordinator) Evil or Very Mad

Is teasing me to high heaven... you really don't get to know people until you coordinate a swap... Thud than the real deal comes outta hiding... I don't know what is worse knowing or not knowing!!

have fun ladies...I am so happy that everyone is happy about their picks so far.. now back to the machines.. or brainstorming on what you are going to make
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3921

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:39 pm

I know I am thrilled with who I have!!!! Great job Deb!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: Not that it matters, I love all of you, but Deb is good and making these decisions!!!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:47 pm

Well I was hanging the washing out, its blowing a gale here, wind is coming down off hte high plateau straight off the fresh snow and its a tad snowblow chilly LOL Anyway while hanging washing and looking across at the snow blanketed plateau I got to thinking and well, Im pretty sure I have made up my mind what Im going to do, now to clear away some stuff so I can do it!

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:37 pm

oh sure we are in the middle of summer and you are talking about that wonderful wintery feeling.. sure wish I was there... I would be the pillar between the cold wind and you so that you can continue with your brainstorming..
Pile up the rest of the UFO's for now and start a new project that is what I like to hear.. I am going to start one of my mini's today.. I am not going to say which one cause I don't want SSIA to know which one she will be getting...
As for picking who gets who.. the stars were with me when I drew the names.. it was not an intellectual decision.. someone really thought that I needed some guidance the Quilting Angels.. LOL :angelic:

don't forget mum is the word don't tell anyone who ya got.. I know some of the swappers had lunch together it must have been very difficult to not spill the beans.. :others-164:

As you can see everyone is busy with their mini.. I am so glad there is no one "stuck" on deciding what to do infact it is the opposite and we are making plenty!!

Way to go!!
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

Number of posts : 901

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:59 am

Yep, Golo...I hear you..it was a little chilly here today too...It only got up to 101! lol! Can't wait to see what you all come up with for a mini! Looks like you will have fun.
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:07 am

I've traced half (20) of the paper foundations for the quilt I'm making for my swap-ee...

...a side note: I fully understand and have no complaint about saying, "I'm making this for ^$%*&$" but I probably won't. Because where I'm from words that are written like that (%$^&) are swear words. That means I have to switch gears in this filthy brain of mine and remind myself that y'all aren't calling your swap-ees ^%&*-head or anything like that. :affraid:

I feel very, VERY fortunate to have gotten the swap-ee that I did. I think (and hope!) that what I am making for her will make her very happy!!

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:36 am

FiberBabble wrote:

...a side note: I fully understand and have no complaint about saying, "I'm making this for ^$%*&$" but I probably won't. Because where I'm from words that are written like that (%$^&) are swear words. That means I have to switch gears in this filthy brain of mine and remind myself that y'all aren't calling your swap-ees ^%&*-head or anything like that. :affraid:

Oh no! lol! FB, words that are only asterisks are swear words! Like ****-heads..... see? lmao We aren't calling each other bad names... OUr computers just screw up when try to type our swap-ee's name... I have SKJDLSKJF but for some reason when I type her name it messes up. Every single time I type SWERWOIJ it comes out different. I think it is those Quilt Angels... :angelic: They don't want us to spill the beans.... :others-164: They make the computers mess up. It really isn't us.... winking
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9361

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:47 am

Well said ladies.......memaw4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Today at 1:10 pm

Back to top Go down

QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap
View previous topic View next topic Back to top