The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
shemoocows

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:09 am

HI all,
wow so much happening over the weekend.

Im still trying to decided on what to make. Newbie to making mini quilts but i need the challange. Thanks for the ideas gimpy.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:27 am

Ok...thanks for the clarification...and the link...reminds me that I need to play with my sunprint paints more before the summer passes...but curios as to FB's comment...
"25 inches on each side"?? Is that a giggle or am I missing something :lol:
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9694

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:45 pm

According to the rules, the maximum size is 25" square. (25" on each side). But it can be smaller and I am guessing does not have to be square.
http://www.quilterslastresort.com/swaps-and-charity-projects-f24/mini-quilt-swap-signup-list-for-2009-t1053.htm

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2275
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:42 pm

Since we're getting close to the end of signing up... what questions will we answer re our likes/dislikes for our swap partner? Or are we going the other way - making something that reflects ourselves and sending it on?

Did I see that we're not doing a back and forth swap - as in, I may get to quilt for TxMary but she will get to quilt for Golo?

It's so tempting to just start something (I found a WAD that I'm just dying to start), but I really need to wait until I have my "assigned" recipient, right? I just finished the Spring Mini Quilt swap over at Quilter's Gallery - the person who got my name had already picked her pattern and fabrics and had started before she even got my "preferences". Fortunately, what she did was perfectly fine with me... but TG she didn't do SBS in Civil War repros... (hint, hint) lmao

:peek: Okay, so I'm not so subtle. And seriously? If you were to make something for me with your own two hands I would be thrilled to receive it - even if it WERE Bear's Paws out of Aunt Graces... And I promise I would display it proudly and point to it and say, "My friend from __________ made that just for me! Isn't that the coolest thing you've ever seen???"

(See? Subtle. That's my middle name. Yessiree.) :angelic:

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20309
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:54 pm

lmao You always make me laugh Tracey, now go blog something, I keep a checking and there aint nothin new showing!

Ok two things I can answer, first up who gets who, each person will get assigned a name adn thats who you send to but doenst mean thats who you are getting one back from, its not an exchange I guess but more like a secret santa set up.

Two, I think each mini is up to the maker, if you feel more comfy making something specific when you know who your recpient is then go for it, with that in mind some people will post what they like colour etc as a helpful guide. Its perfectly fine also to make a mini that represents you, in the style of quilt you like, in your favourite fabrics etc. Golo has almost finished her mini so if you found a wad and want to make it, go for it! Personally Im happy to recieve a mini thats made to represent the maker, that way every time I look at it it will remind me of them lovehearts

Oh and I guess I can help with the "what questions will we answer re our likes/dislikes for our swap partner" Maybe we should start a new topic here in the swap area and people can state for the record, both now and future what colours, styles in fabric etc they like or even if they just post and say "I hate SBS in Civil War repros" LOL. Some people loathe certain colours, maybe they could mention that too.

Is that any help?

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:41 am

Gimpy Cat wrote:
lmao ...now go blog something, I keep a checking and there aint nothin new showing!

Ask and you shall receive: Something Completely Different

And yes, your answers and ideas DO really help. I'll go over and put in some info on the Likes/Dislikes topic. From your example answers? Mine could just say "The opposite of Helen". lol! I guess it's a good thing - we wouldn't ever have to worry about fighting over the last bit of fabric on the bolt!

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:59 am

I wasnt game to really start blathering on, you should see my fabric collection, I have a small square plastic box I keep my nancy halvorsen in, I have some of her fall leaf stuff in flannel too. I have another square plastic box I keep my civil war repro stuff in, I have lots of browns, love browns, I had a small collection of batik, I have xmas and novelty stuff. Its a bit of almost everything except I have very very little purple or pink, I really only use purple for mts in landscapey style things although Im remedying that, Im working on a new design that was specifically created around purple, making myself use it, Im sure its burning my hands though every time I touch it LOL

I have some Nancy Halvorsen pattern books just love her stuff, McKenna Ryan patterns, some quite old dating back to when I had to trade hand drawn embroidery panels with a quilt store in Montana to get my hands on them, no one in australia had heard of her back then. I do have a box with a bear paw quilt underway :affraid: that would freak you but funnily enough its being done in 'food' colours LOL, chocolates, raspberry, cream and honeycomb colours. I love log cabins but have never done one simply because I can never decide what colours to do it in. I love Paula Nadelsterns kaleidoscope quilts too, mmmm and I love historic antique quilts. Oh I think I love most although Im not a SBS person, well there is that nasty version of the SBS and I have had a chuckle at that in the past. Im not a real frilly ruffle girly girl type ether.

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:38 am

Oh all right, I have been feeling guilty. I am in too. big sigh Though I should be bopped on the head :hammer: I know I don't have the time. But I think I ought to be in on this one. So, here I am. I will just cower behind the driver.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:46 am

:rainbow: :tumble: :froggy: :butterfly: dance :sohappy: YAY Im running to put your name on the list so you cant change your mind

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:16 am

PK... glad you came aboard..... P.S. I love brights...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:17 am

FB... you did it again.. I read your blog and get involved in more BOM's... oh boy!!!! Thud

Golo

Back to top Go down
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:22 am

When do you have to have this done and sent out?

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6316

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:52 am

By end of August, I think.
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:10 am

Check the sticky .... it is Aug. 31st... everything is written there...

Golo

Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:15 am

golo wrote:
FB... you did it again.. I read your blog and get involved in more BOM's... oh boy!!!! Thud

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

:angelic:

Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:30 am

Gimpy Cat wrote:
...I have a small square plastic box I keep my nancy halvorsen in...
I have some Nancy Halvorsen pattern books just love her stuff, McKenna Ryan patterns, ...
...I do have a box with a bear paw quilt underway... but funnily enough its being done in 'food' colours LOL, chocolates, raspberry, cream and honeycomb colours. I love log cabins but have never done one simply because I can never decide what colours to do it in. I love Paula Nadelsterns kaleidoscope quilts too,
....although Im not a SBS person, well there is that nasty version of the SBS and I have had a chuckle at that in the past. Im not a real frilly ruffle girly girl type ether.

See? Now that's why I get carried away answering those kinds of "poll" posts - all these things that you just said (well, the ones I didn't edit out Twisted Evil ) make our tastes seem much more in line with one another.

I think that most of us here have been quilting long enough to have changed our "tastes" a time or ten - I've gone through the miniatures phase and the paper foundation piecing phase and the stitch and flip phase... I keep the skills (and stash!) (and gadgets!) that I acquire from those phases and use them when I want to, while moving on to "what's next".

I used to avoid yellows and oranges like I avoid my ex-husband :angelic: but now (unlke my ex) I have an entire cube dedicated to those colors - and I'm always frustrated that I don't have enough or the right shade of those colors when I want to include them in a project. Go figure, eh? :hammer:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:02 am

Okay I just got back from a week at my mothers (longer than supposed to be but what is a daughter to do?) lol!

I am going to catch up on all this chit chat.. but wanted to let you know my mother is in.. she too will be making a special mini for someone..

P.K. I did notice that you have resigned to sign up..!! I hope it is fun for you and don't stress.. we are quilters and quilters love mini quilts and fabric so the mini I am sure will be beautiful
Thanks to Gimp, FB, Golo for Q & A now to go catch up..
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:18 am

Yeah we caught PK for you while you were gone, took some chasing down, the begging smiley from Bonnie did it I think LOL. How was your mums, have a good time? So glad she is in too, good for her- yeehah, another swapper. clap

Number of posts : 6316

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:10 am

OK, when we are done we are supposed to post a pic? Is that right? anitas
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:27 am

Good question, Anita.

Is this supposed to be a surprise for everyone, or is it just that when I get the one I've been ooh-ing and aahh-ing over I'll be surprised?

We ARE keeping it secret whose name we've been assigned, right?

(Can you tell? I like surprises!)

Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:53 am

I don't think we should post pictures till after we exchange them... the one I posted is one I am keeping... I just wanted to get everyone excited...

Golo

Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:09 pm

AHHH And here I was thinking of showing everyone the @#()$&)@#(&$)@(#&$% that I was working on. I know that everyone will like it! HAHA Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:15 pm

Myself on another mini swap we were able to view the mini's I would like to do it this way as well... You don't know who is sending you the mini so you can droll over them all. I would like that you can post your process so that if you have a question you have support from us all...
It is up to the individual if they want to show off their wonderful mini.. I think it would be exciting in the end to see who got which one..and after Aug 31 we can post who we got it from.
you can also post when you have rec'd your mini but not by who until after the due date that way we know the mailman is doing his job...

so by all means post your pics

Remember 8hours and that is it your last chance.. AOL was on the fence not sure if she has decided yet or not.. it would make a great small summer project while the days get hot and the big quilts to much for the heat...
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:40 pm

Oh goodie.. I hate holding back.... lmao

Golo

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:19 pm

Bonnie where is that begging smiley? Come on Ann, puh-lease join us, puh-lease then one of can say "oh my mini was made by the designer of the quilt on the cover of the magazine'!!!

PostSubject: Re: QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap   Today at 4:38 am

Back to top Go down

QLR !st Miniature Quilt Swap
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next