The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

old QT swap and nine patches..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: old QT swap and nine patches..   Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:21 am

I am free for the next 24 hours I think I am going to pull out my QT blocks we swapped "fall swap blocks" and my nine patches as sashing and see what happens. I have to get some of these together....I am working nights but now I get to sleep when I want.. I just hope that my light on MY machine doesnt' go out or I will have to call Annie's DH... you know when you really want to do something ....karma...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: old QT swap and nine patches..   Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:21 am

LOL..I sure hope your light doesn't go out! :affraid: Who woulda thunk that would be such a BIG deal? Have fun with your sewing spree!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20315
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: old QT swap and nine patches..   Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:38 pm

Oh Betweens is that the fall swap with all the cute applique blocks adn we had to make filler blocks? I have mine hanging from the sewing room door, its a UFO of mine to make the missing blocks, its such a pretty quilt, cant wait to see what you do with it. I need to make the chickadee block, it pp

PostSubject: Re: old QT swap and nine patches..   Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:10 pm

no they were all pieced but yours sounds like it needs to get finished too..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I have my blocks together   Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:46 am

Well I have my blocks together and I am very happy how it turned out... you can see it on my blog it is not the best pic after I uploaded I saw it was a little fuzzy but you get the idea.. I have more planned for the 9patches that are left... another one is in the works..

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: old QT swap and nine patches..   Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:34 am

Deb you just keep surpassing yourself, I love it, its beautiful and joining hte two swaps is again a stroke of genius. Is the border fabric farms and pumpkins? Looks cute,well done, you deserve a happy friends quilt (sigh, I dont think I was in either of those swaps cry2 )

Congratulations on a beautiful quilt, will you quilt it with swirly autumn leaves and whispers of wind? clap bowing its great, love it!

PostSubject: Re: old QT swap and nine patches..   Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:47 am

Well we will have to fix that won't we.. after the mini it might be time to do another swap...but a different kind of one.. lemme think what we can do... that won't be till fall..
I am already starting on another quilt with the rest of the ninepatches and have come up with a great idea...
yes you are right it is a "harvest fabric' the blocks were fall themed so I wanted to keep to that ...I had to fussy cut the fabric cause the small boarder was only on the selvedged edge.. but I went to the quilt store yesturday and found a fantastic Kaffee fabirc with fall trees and now I want that.. I didn't have enough fabric to miter my corners and found the pumkin fabric.. I have loads of that and wanted it to be on my backing..
the quilting.. honestly I was going to hand quilt with just a grid.. there are to many seams.. your idea sounds lovely but to sophisticated for me.. LOL
I am not sending my quilts out for LAQ anymore..
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: old QT swap and nine patches..   Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:01 am

If I was hand quilting I reckon Id go stitch in the ditch too, I have a quilt set aside I was hand quilting I just never enjoyed hand quilting that one much, thinking lately perhaps I should just in the ditch it on the machine and finish the darn thing, after all, it was like my 33rd bday present lmao the fabric you found yesterday sounds beautiful, so much pretty fabric to choose from, some just catches your eye and stays in your head. Look forward to what swap idea you concoct :D

Number of posts : 4269
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: old QT swap and nine patches..   Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:27 am

Wow.....thats impressive on two points...first is fabrics...there are so many different styles and colors and they play together perfectly and second.....that sashing is just amazing...wow!
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: old QT swap and nine patches..   Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:28 am

Deb, I am always in awe when I visit your blog.... I love the way you put your quilt together... what a wonderful memory of your quilter friends. Like all your minis too....

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: old QT swap and nine patches..   Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:10 pm

LOVE>>> LOVE>>>LOVE that quilt Smitten those are my colors too. Good job Thumbup

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9694

PostSubject: Re: old QT swap and nine patches..   Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:16 pm

Another beautiful creation Deb. I am so in awe at how you put these unrelated blocks together. They look soooo good. Fabulous border too. lovehearts

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: old QT swap and nine patches..   Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:16 pm

Fantastic job of putting those two batches of swap blocks together! Thumbup You really have a talent for coming up with such good settings. lovehearts I love the sashing and borders too..just a nice combo there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: old QT swap and nine patches..   Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:21 am

I posted the next quilt from the nine patches that were left and my lost ones...thanks for all your wonderful words of encouragement.. the scrappier the easier to work with LOL
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9694

PostSubject: Re: old QT swap and nine patches..   Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:23 am

I think it is great. I love the name Ruby. I am glad you will have a special quilt to remind of your grandma. lovehearts

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: old QT swap and nine patches..   Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:51 am

Txmary thanks.. I showed my mom and it is lucky I bought enough fabric to have her do the same with her nine patches...
Back to top Go down
Mouse

Number of posts : 1049
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: old QT swap and nine patches..   Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:09 am

That looks really good ... will send you my address ...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: old QT swap and nine patches..   Today at 1:17 pm

Back to top Go down

old QT swap and nine patches..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top