The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:55 pm

These are the bold and beautiful that will be participating in our QLR 1st mini swap
Deadline for signup is June 30, 2009.....deadline for mini to be completed and in the mail August 31,2009. Size of Quilt up to 25"

Hummerlou
Linda2B
Golo
Gimpy Cat
Betweens
FiberBabble
Anita
Shemoocow
Monika (Deb's Friend)
StillstitchnAlva-winner of mini quilt draw I promised to whoever signed up... congrats.
Redworker2002
Marian
Bev-(Gimpys MOM)
Breezepines
Jessie S
Memaw4
Redmadder
Princess Kris
Karen L (Deb's Mom)
Mamu

We are at 20 plus a couple of maybe's by the time I post this!!

Thank you ladies for joining a great adventure.. clap

Last edited by Gimpy Cat on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:18 pm; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : update sign in list)
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:22 pm

Anyone else contiplating this???? they are sure fun to make... and you can let your imagination go wild.... Anne ... where are you ... your mini was so cute, don't you want to make another one?????

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19917

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:58 pm

where is Leejay, she likes to swap doesnt she? What about Jessica, she has been away but is back, she might join us too , now, who else can we harrass LOL

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:24 pm

How about jessie ????

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:45 pm

thanks for the great support ladies.. I can't sleep right now so checking in a few minutes.. shift change you know..

Well I have seen that the list is not getting any longer.. there is only one postage stamp that you will need and the scraps from your stash to make a mini one of your members that receives it will cherish forever.. I know I will for sure... It will only take a couple of hours of your time to piece it and a good Saturday night movie to quilt it.. and a Sunday coffee coffeecup (while you are waiting for your dial up) to put the binding

Once we start posting the mini's that we receive you will kick yourself in the butt for not joining in so I am only giving you fair warning.. we have until the end of August to get them to your "secret mini pal"

Let me know what is holding you up do you feel intimitated?, do you think that it is to small a quilt to make? oh please don't tell me you have no scraps!! I will send you some... lol!
I will be away for the next 24 hours I hope to see more enthusiast.. if you need to pm me with questions please feel free I will get back to you on Tuesday evening..

I think that is called a little pushing..... :bday9: Imagine looking like this little guy when you open your mini gift...
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:21 am

Uh-huh. Just call her Subtle Deb.
coolsmiley

lmao lmao lmao lmao

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:46 pm

lmao thats for sure, she is a born organiser lmao lmao I just notified Redworker, think she will be in too.

Number of posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:04 pm

I love love minis! Just made one in the spring on another board. Waving arms wildly oto be a part! Will it be a total surprise, or colors the recipient might want? Guess I'd better find the rules of the swap here.... winking
Back to top Go down
Marian

Number of posts : 4984
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:51 am

Ok Deb and golo you convinced me to join in this one! Count me in!

Marian in Ohio
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:16 am

:yahoo: another one, so glad you joined marian Hug

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:47 am

hmmmm...thinking, thinking scratch not committed yet.....thinking :mockery-017:

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:36 pm

Oh go on Mamu, we just saw all your beautiful 'giant' quilts hanging on the quilt retreat fence, imagine how fast it would be to make just one teeny weeny little one? Come on, come on, you know you want to.......................... Twisted Evil

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Mamu wrote:
hmmmm...thinking, thinking scratch not committed yet.....thinking :mockery-017:

Mamu I don't know how it happened but you got a free ticket to get on the bus and so they put your name on the roster...there is even a window seat so that you can enjoy the view.. even though I don't think I can make it any better than where you already had been...
Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

Number of posts : 1821

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:48 pm

not to late am I,, I just seen this, count me in if it's not to late.
and what do we have to do ,, make one or one for each that join?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:57 pm

lmao lmao lmao

Breezepines I am sorry I am laughing but one for each that are going to sign up would be alot of work.. now at the end of June (that is the sign in deadline) everyone will send me their address and I will put everyones name in a basket and I will select who you will be sending the mini to.. I will send you their address.
Mini's are to be bigger than 10" square and NO bigger than 25in square.. make your mini on how you would interpret. You will have until the end of Aug to have it in the recipients hands.. you are allowed to post pic of your progress cause no one will know who you are sending too..doesn't that sound like fun?? the posting of pics will give others confidence and idea's and great initiative.
I think with this group it will be great I have done block swaps and row robins with many of the members here and I have always found quality and thoughtful workmanship.. better than I would at my own guild.. how often have you done a quilt for a guild auction and the blocks all have to be fugded to fit.. I am on my 3rd quilt from the swaps from most of these ladies and i have had no problem putting the blocks together.. In fact I have a block from you.. LOL

Members you will not be disappointed.. we have a wonderful thoughtful humorous, sensitive, bunch a quilters that I know will give their best... I KNOW
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6214

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:05 pm

Got a new one figured out that is very me. anitas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:06 pm

oh perfect.. now not to spoil it anything to do with turtles..LOL
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6214

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:45 pm

Nope, but Marian will say it is me. So will Bratt.
Back to top Go down
redworker2002

Number of posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:24 pm

Minis don't take long and they are a great chance to hone skills...like corners!!!! And they are maximum fun!!!!! :loves-chocolat
Back to top Go down
jessie s

Number of posts : 1291

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Not sure if interested in this swap but need more details. What size of a mini? Have never made a mini before. Do we send it to one person and they send them on or are names picked and send one mini to someone. New to this type of swap. Do the minis have a certain theme or anything goes. Just need details then will decide. When visited youngest son last week DIL and I visited a material shop. They had what they called blankies hanging up. Really cute and only 4 large squares in flannelette and the edges were showing so had a raggedy look. Babies would love to touch the raggedy seams. Is this a mini quilt? jessie s
Back to top Go down
jessie s

Number of posts : 1291

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:08 pm

Sheesh!!!!!!!!! I am dumb. Just read more topics and found one that set the guidelines out. All my questions answered. Sorry Deb, you were very explicit in your guidelines, I just didn't read far enough. So sign me up. I understand I make a quilt no larger than 25 inches, any pattern or colour I want. And Deb will let me know at end of June who I send it to. No problem in sending to USA or Australia or Europe. So sign me up. jessie s
Back to top Go down
Marian

Number of posts : 4984

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Anita, you have peeked my curiosity now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marian in Ohio
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Yahoooo Jessie.. so glad you have joined.. thanks so much I knew when you got back from visiting you would raise your hand.. so you can have a window seat on the bus..

Marian if you are peaked with curiosity where you thinking turtles too.. It must be too obvious.. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:10 pm

redworker2002 wrote:
Minis don't take long and they are a great chance to hone skills...like corners!!!! And they are maximum fun!!!!! :loves-chocolat

redworker.. so glad you are on our side.. what a great simple explanation.. you are right if you wanted to try a techique and you don't want to make a big quilt.. make a mini of it and see if you like the technique first..
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9370

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:51 pm

OK ladies. Sign me up too! I have NO problem sending to anywhere.

I hope I don't regret this! Not less than 10" and no bigger than 25". I think I can do that. Now to just pick out a pattern to do!

Kay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Today at 9:31 am

Back to top Go down

Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next