The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
BearFoot

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:43 pm

FiberBabble wrote:
I print it, tape it to the storm door on the SW side of the house and trace the lettering onto my label fabric, using a fine-point Sharpie.
Why don't you just print it out on fabric using your printer?
Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:56 pm

I too just put a signed label on the back, after going through that matching I forgot about the label and just put one on.

I was easy to do, just bought someflowered material then cut it out in a heart and then cut it in 2 in squares fused it to interfacing, then filled in the rest with 2 inch sqares then drew on the back interfacing a grid of 2 inch squares then folded and on each line and sewed it 1/4 in away from it, done really quick,..
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:01 pm

Who has a nice label program...??? any special place on the internet???

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
StillStitchinInAlva

Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 pm

Golo, I have a HP (Hewlett Packard) custom quilt label kit that I use. It has backgrounds you can select or you can use your own pictures as a background. It has clip art and quilting phrases. You can select colors and type font. also can make gift cards to match.

I really have not spent a lot of time learning what all it does. I believe I bought it at Joann's quite a few years ago.

Karen
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:37 pm

thanks Karen, I'll take a look tomorrow. I am going to JoAnns...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2275
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:46 pm

BearFoot wrote:
FiberBabble wrote:
I print it, tape it to the storm door on the SW side of the house and trace the lettering onto my label fabric, using a fine-point Sharpie.
Why don't you just print it out on fabric using your printer?
Because I have a laser printer, not an inkjet printer. :)

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20315

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:41 am

WOW, clever envelope label idea FB, well done! Im sewing label to mine tonight and walking it to the post office tommorow to send on its way :-) Beautiful spring weather here even though calendar thinks its still winter, makes mine feel more appropriate.

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:27 am

jo ann's has a book of labels, I seen it there the other day, they have their 1.99 a yard sale right now,, wow have to go again,,lol..it's labels you iron on and then paint them or sew them, thinking about getting that one.
Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:10 am

so it's the first of sept. and I opened mine, it's gorgeous from memaw thank you ever so much seeee everyone
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3935

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:39 am

Bonnie, that is beautiful! Great job memaw!

I goofed and told everyone when I got mine who sent it, but if you missed it, Redmadder made mine. I love it. It was the 3-dimensional bowtie. It is beautiful!!! Thank you again, Redmadder. lovehearts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:34 pm

awesome ladies!! so happy you love what you got!! great work and thoughtfulness went into these mini's..

if i were you I would put a thinking cap on maybe a christmas one do you feel up to it!!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:21 pm

I have had quite a few people asking about a christmas one, oh please, please, please Betweens :crayons:

Number of posts : 5097

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:40 pm

:yahoo: Mine arrived today from Karen! I absolutely love it. The colors fit me fine. i am going to hang it tommorrow and take a pic for everyone to see! Thank-you so much Karen, it's beautiful! This has been a fun swap! Hope the one I sent arrives soon, thought it would have been there by now. I would love to do a Christmas swap!

Marian in Ohio
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:12 pm

I forgot to post a pic of mine finished before I sent it out, sorry pic is dark, had to take it at night.

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:31 pm

It's beautiful Helen! So pretty and cheerful!!! :lol:

I'm so glad your mom liked hers, I enjoyed doing it for her!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:35 pm

She is thrilled beyond description Hummerlou! hug08
Bonnie loves yours from memaw, its beautiful. I love mine from you, I got my mini from Bonnie Hug thank you so much, I have hung it in my sewing room by my spot where I sit and iron, I will always have you with me there

Number of posts : 9462

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:13 pm

I'll put mine in my personal gallery and someone please post it here for me. I had some trouble posting it earlier so will try again.

Linda2B had my name and it is just perfect! I love, love, love it Linda. Thank you so much! :tumble:

Breezepines, I'm so happy you like the one I made for you. As you know it's a Drunkards Path. Next time I'll use more of YOUR favorite colors. Thumbup

Did someone say another mini swap? SIGN ME UP!!! :yahoo: :sohappy:

memaw4
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Here's a picture of the mini that memaw4 received from Linda2B

I hope this is right... anyway it is soooo beautiful!!!!
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9462

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:10 pm

Oh hummerlou thank you so much for posting the picture. It is indeed beautiful. Made with whites and purples. I will treasure it always and forever. She did such a fantastic job with the quilting. And I love the Log Cabin block.

I plan to send her something very special.

memaw4
Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

Number of posts : 3394

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:05 pm

Memaw,
I'm so tickled you like it! I read your likes and dislikes and wanted it to be something you would like with a little me thrown in. Purple and log cabins are my favs, too. So. it was perfect for me to get your name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:11 am

All your comments and excitment really bring tears of joy to my eyes I think it is fantastic that everyone is so happy!! it is wonderful when something is organized and everyone is so ecstatic about the outcome!!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:44 am

Betweens is there some way you could mark the list, say wiht an asterix or something to denote who has recieved theirs and then we know who is still waiting. Mum is worrying about her mini and how long the mail is taking. just a thought

Number of posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:55 am

Nancy here waving an embarassed hand...still working on Betweens....I got my swaps due dates mixed up (what!!??? me???), thought it was due in middle of September. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:49 pm

UMMM I know there is a buzz about Christmas mini swap... i am all for that, but maybe we could have a holiday swap? I love Hallowe'en and Valentine's day.... so a mini made up for either for those would be great... Or maybe Thanksgiving instead... or just fall?... i have very little for either of those. Just a thought.. Maybe we could make the minis for our favorite holiday so that when that holiday showed up the person who had our mini could think, ahhh this is so and so's favorite holiday. Just an idea.

I will shut up now. :others-164:
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:16 pm

Dont shut up PK, I hadnt fogotten you were hoping for a Halloween one, I know you said that was your favourite holiday. All we need is someone to host it, Betweens, would that be you, our "Mistress of the Mini"!

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Today at 5:18 am

Back to top Go down

Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next