The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:53 am

I will have to see who got their mini's..

sheemoo's was gone on the 28th with mom making hers.
Anita M-it stop pouting it is me and it was sent on Aug 28th
Alvastill stichin yours is in the mail on the 28th as well.. that was the winning block..

give your blocks about 10 days for mailing to make it there..

sorry this is short just catching up on a bunch of stuff I couldn't get done during conference and stuff.
Instead of me going through all the pages will everyone pm me who has RECEIVED theirs. and I will then PM the ones that are to have sent it to see what was going on..
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:39 am

Look what came in my mail from Bev Barber Victoria Au. Thank you so much... it is now a lovely centerpiece on my table... the colors couldn't be more perfect.. I love batik... Lovely...just lovely :yahoo: Smitten

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3927

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:49 am

That is absolutely beautiful!!!! Smitten
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6218
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:28 pm

Wow! Maybe mine will come today! anitas
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6218

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:09 pm

Maybe tomorrow. This is only Toronto to Cleveland, I wanta see what it looks like! anitas
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19924

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Oh Golo thats really pretty, simple and elegant, I was dying to see it. Mum would tell me all about it and describe it but she doesnt use a computer or digital camera so I had no idea what it looked like except in my own mind. I will tell her it arrived :D

Number of posts : 4989

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:44 am

Posted a picture of mine under the min quilt swap in the gallery. I absolutely love it and hung the day I got mine. The starts are one of my favorite blocks and the colors match me too and the yellow in it picks up the yellow in the room that I hung it in. Just above my computer so I can see everyday!

Marian in Ohio
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:57 am

OH Gimp is that your mum... you make sure to tell her I really love it... she did a lovely job and I hope she will join more of our swaps....

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19924

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:19 pm

Yeah Gloria, thats my mum, she was so excited she got your name in the swap as she knows all about you and she stressed so much that she made one good enough for you and that you would like it and whether to add charms of leave if simple and well, she fussed a lot over it. She is a beginner quilter and was scared her mini wouldnt be 'up to standard' or good enough. I told her you would treasure it because she tried so hard. :D

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:51 am

If someone else would like to take the lead on the next mini swap by all means please do so.. I am overwhelmed now with all the organizations starting up and first meetings with me taking chairs and all.. sorry..

PrincessKris wrote:
UMMM I know there is a buzz about Christmas mini swap... i am all for that, but maybe we could have a holiday swap? I love Hallowe'en and Valentine's day.... so a mini made up for either for those would be great... Or maybe Thanksgiving instead... or just fall?... i have very little for either of those. Just a thought.. Maybe we could make the minis for our favorite holiday so that when that holiday showed up the person who had our mini could think, ahhh this is so and so's favorite holiday. Just an idea.

I will shut up now. :others-164:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:55 am

Gimpy my mom was the same way this is the first quilt she made all on her own and a mini to boot..

Golo you have a wonderful memory there..and it is great that it will go with your decor...

It is only sept 5 so have patience for those that have not rec'd if you have not by Sept 10 PM me and I will f/u with the person that was to send to you..

So far wonderful work ladies.. great thoughtfulness and care went into them and it is wonderful that you are all so happy with them..

Gimpy Cat wrote:
Yeah Gloria, thats my mum, she was so excited she got your name in the swap as she knows all about you and she stressed so much that she made one good enough for you and that you would like it and whether to add charms of leave if simple and well, she fussed a lot over it. She is a beginner quilter and was scared her mini wouldnt be 'up to standard' or good enough. I told her you would treasure it because she tried so hard. :D
Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:29 pm

wow these mini's are so awesome all that have been posted,, love the bright green one,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Today at 12:50 pm

Back to top Go down

Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8