The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
golo

Number of posts : 13223
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:28 pm

Don't make your quilt before you get your name... you might want to make it the colors the person likes... or pick a certain fabric you know the reciepent will enjoy...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:38 am

Memaw4 you are in.. we can sit together and come up with some great ideas

golo that is great advise!! you can gear it towards the individual or you can make it your personality...I myself would like it to be you (the person making the mini...)
If you want ideas take a look at my blog I have made some posts on mini's I had made during my auction you will see some there...in fact I will post some more this weekend...

we are at 16 1/2 members so far on our list what a great response!!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19924

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:40 am

Just wondering, is the half member the result of a successful diet? lmao

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:50 am

lol! that is a result of some of them coming on the bus incognito..we are trying to capture these elusive members and entice them with quilters delights.. mailbox just think you can look like this guy at the end of August..
Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:17 am

you didn't put my name on the list am I in or out,,? just wondering cry2
Back to top Go down
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:14 pm

betweens wrote:
These are the bold and beautiful that will be participating in our QLR 1st mini swap
Deadline for signup is June 30, 2009.....deadline for mini to be completed and in the mail August 31,2009. Size of Quilt up to 25"

Hummerlou
Linda2B
Golo
Gimpy Cat
Betweens
FiberBabble
Anita
Shemoocow
Monika
StillstitchnAlva
Redworker2002
Marian
Mamu
Bev-(Gimpys MOM)
Jessie S
Memaw4

Incognito's Undesided
AnnieOakLeaf
PrincessKris
We are at 16 plus 2 maybe's by the time I post this!!

Thank you ladies for joining a great adventure.. clap

wait a minute, wait a minute...I don't think I 'officially' signed up for this :affraid: what is my name doing on the list scratch hmmmmm naughty, naughty angry Knuppel

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:21 pm

oh my i know when I lived at home the answer of "thinking about it" meant in the short turn around a "yes" Mamu I have now put you in the incognito colomn

Breezepines.. thanks for reminding me.. I have you driving the bus!!! looking forward to seeing you come up with as a mini...

AHEM....I noticed no new names or changes in the incognito's have occurred.. AHEM... ahem... scratch
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9376

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:46 am

Maybe breezepines your the one that's only 1/2 here! Sooooooo the diet must be working right? lmao lmao lmao

memaw4
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:42 am

betweens wrote:
These are the bold and beautiful that will be participating in our QLR 1st mini swap
Deadline for signup is June 30, 2009.....deadline for mini to be completed and in the mail August 31,2009. Size of Quilt up to 25"

Hummerlou
Linda2B
Golo
Gimpy Cat
Betweens
FiberBabble
Anita
Shemoocow
Monika
StillstitchnAlva
Redworker2002
Marian
Bev-(Gimpys MOM)
Breezepines
Jessie S
Memaw4
Redmadder

Incognito's Undesided
AnnieOakLeaf
PrincessKris
Mamu..

We are at 16 plus 3 maybe's by the time I post this!!

Thank you ladies for joining a great adventure.. clap

Breezepines your name is on the list and so is Redmadders. Come on AOL, PK and Mamu, please join us, dont make me find a smiley thats rolling over and begging

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:18 am

Gimpy Cat wrote:

Breezepines your name is on the list and so is Redmadders. Come on AOL, PK and Mamu, please join us, dont make me find a smiley thats rolling over and begging

I want to see that smiley!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:56 am

will join if I find a begging smiley? If so its a deal!

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:27 am

ok ladies now you have to join,, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:49 pm

oh cute Bonnie, I like that one LOL

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:37 am

OK gimpycat is in. I see the begging smiley! Way to go Bonnie! I just bought the pattern for this swap and I'm gonna make one or more for me too!

Is there a place for us to put some info about what we like yet?

memaw4
Back to top Go down
Mamu

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:07 am

Well, I guess I will join up too I'm probably nuts to try this on my tight schedule..... but I would really like trying a mini, have never made one before

Back to top Go down
redworker2002

Number of posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:10 am

You'll love them...they're like potato chips, you can't have just one... winking
Back to top Go down
memaw4

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:49 pm

betweens wrote:
Members you will not be disappointed.. we have a wonderful thoughtful humorous, sensitive, bunch a quilters that I know will give their best... I KNOW

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well said betweens. You just gave me my confidence that I can do this and do it well.

Thanks....you deserve a big hug...... hug08

memaw4
Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:11 pm

you can handle it mamu if I can// and I'm scared to death to try a mini but we will do it,,, right,, we will find the time,,
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:30 pm

Well, I finished one mini, but like it so much decided to keep it... so now I have a pattern for another one... this is fun... and quick...

Golo

Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:09 am

golo wrote:
Well, I finished one mini, but like it so much decided to keep it... so now I have a pattern for another one... this is fun... and quick...

Golo do you sleep?????
Back to top Go down
memaw4

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:43 am

[quote="PrincessKris"] Golo do you sleep?????

Good question PrincessKris. Well golo.................inquiring mines like ours wanta know............does she or doesn't she?

memaw4

Today I'm working on my sample quilt for this swap. Gotta see how good it's going to look! :peek: that's me peeking!
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:21 am

snooze I nap.... I live and work in the same place so it is easy for me to get to my sewing room or to do handwork at my desk.... I am lucky to be the boss... :lol:

Golo

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:31 pm

First Mamu thanks so much for making a great decision!! you sent me a wonderful pattern for a mini do you remember at the Christmas swap??.. but that is for me sorry kids... you must have looked at all the scraps you have and thought what better way to get ride of them?? then to make a memoriable mini

Memaw.. I have had alot of swaps with all these wonderful ladies some where beginners at the time some were intermediate.. no matter what everyone helped each other if there were questions.. help is a keyboard away..LOL

I will have you know that my mom has not made a mini and she was looking through my mini mags and has a few choices..you all will not be disappointed that is all I got to say..LOL

Golo rule of thumb when making a mini.. make 2 of the same cause you know your gonna like it.. now you are back at square one.. so make 2 of the next one. and lets see the one you made so that everyone can have incentive..

I have a couple to pick from as well.

Whoever is standing on the bottom step of the bus better get on cause the door is gonna close and Isee thunder clouds out there you don't want to get wet... Honestly the bus is busy with the talk of mini's and everyone getting started. You have till midnight Tuesday..so either get the rain gear on or come in and have some sweet julip tea with us mini addicts..

:yahoo:
Back to top Go down
Mamu

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:49 pm

golo wrote:

that's it golo.... bad girl we are unplugging your machine sewing2 until we can get caught up chatting

Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:57 pm

:affraid: on no! don't unplug my sewing2 I'll try and take a deep breath....

Golo

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Today at 9:20 pm

Back to top Go down

Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next