The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19917
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:14 pm

Poor Golo, you see I know the secret to her sewing achievements, wanna know what it is?

Sanity, simple as that, if Golo doesnt sew she would lose her mind, think Fawlty Towers, think all the silly hotel/motel movies or shows you can remember and then stick Golo in the picture, she is the poor lady at the desk sorting out all those guests! Running a motel means living in your job, not easily being able to leave and well, dealing with guests. Golo is chained to her front counter BUT her chain is long enough to reach her sewing machine, so, she sews and sews and sews and stays sane, thank goodness for that, a crazy Golo might be dangerous, we know she has a gun! lmao

sew away Golo, sew away and show us pics, we wanna see the mini quilt!

Deb, who is still unsure? Lets go get em'
:horse you rode

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:24 pm

Here is a picture of the first mini I made.... I decided to keep this one...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:32 pm

Oh wow, thats beautiful and just well, wow! bowing clap How cheery is that? Love it

Number of posts : 1821
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:43 pm

I want to have golo have my name I want that mini quilt lol geogous and cheery great job
Back to top Go down
redworker2002

Number of posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:45 pm

:eating-chips-1 See??? I said they were like eating potato chips!!! Can't stop at just one!!!!! Pretty!!!!! :D
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:48 pm

candle :loves-chocolat :eating-chips-1 Im hongry!

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:58 pm

Me too!!! And my kitchen is a mess :affraid: have to clean it up before cooking... cry2

I'd like a steak with A-1 sauce, asparagus, crisp green salad, some cold, wiggly orange jello, a big cold glass of snapple raspberry iced tea and a very large chunk of chocolate cake. Smitten
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:22 pm

now Im more hongry LOL Id like some chinese food, good chinese not like around here. Fried rice, mmmmmmmmm and some schezhuan chicken or curry chicken, mmmm and a banana fritter with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Hey maybe I should make a food mini quilt ROFLOL

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:35 pm

Yes!!!! I have a whole box of farmer's market veggie and food fabric that I've been collecting for years for a Dresden plate quilt on white WOW (for placemats)...plates at at a potluck dinner. I might even put "utensils" next to each foo laden dresden plate, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! lmao
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:45 pm

Hey that sounds great, love the idea, would look great on white!

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:54 pm

Different kinds of white...fot eh tablecloths! Oh to do the projects in my head!!!!!Then I thought with the scraps of that , I'd make a house quilt with animals or food on the roofs and lawns. hahahahahahahahahah! I make myself giggle.

Now I'm eating a salad, I got so hungry... :redfrog:
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:08 am

LOL you are too funny Nancy lmao

Hey what happened to Leejay, did she escape the mini swap? Has anyone harrassed her?

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:17 am

I think some of them are waiting for the next one...summer is tough on some of the members with visitors and kids home from school..(did I say next one??)

Right now we have 20 signed up and willing to play.. the wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.... round and round

Today is the LAST day to sign in that would be for the Aussie members too.. I know you are a day ahead and you get the extra day!!

I have copied my pattern and started cutting it.. I am paper piecing one of my mini's my mom is going to applique a pattern...
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:14 pm

aughhhh I cant decide what to do............................................. scratch Thud

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:29 pm

NEXT ONE? I'm ready for the next one too.

Gimpy...I've made them from Hst's and now Quarter Square Triangles. Applique, charm squares, pinwheels, Chinese Coins, strips...endlesssssssssss. Houses would be adorable, your kitties, Laura as SunBonnet Sue...Tasmanian Tigers... :lol:
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:32 pm

Oh great, now I have lots more ideas running around my head, thanks Nancy doh
maybe I should draw up an embroidery and combine it with some piecieng or applique? My brain, my brain, its starting to smoke....................

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:33 pm

I would love a Gimpy embroidery..... :yahoo:
Back to top Go down
redworker2002

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:35 pm

It's so hot here right now I could handle a snowman picture to cool down... azn
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:37 pm

well its hailing here right now and Im about to close up some curtains to keep the cold out, brrrrr windy and rain and this is the 3rd hail storm to come by in the last hour and a half. Fire is relit and starting to take off, if we get enough hail you could make a snowman here Nancy, why dont you come on over? I have lots of sweet ripe pears LOL

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:48 pm

I need to box up some of that hail for the outdoor kitties (ferral...won't come in) who are so hot, they are lying in the tiny stream of hose water I put out for them in the dirt. Poor babies. I could spread out a carpet of hail for them to rest on. I put out a frozen bottle of water in case oneof them might snuggle up to the cold...but they ran away. Sigh. I didn't want to make them run because of the heat.
Back to top Go down
redworker2002

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:49 pm

You could embroider by the fire..... rain
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:09 pm

you could drop the frozen water bottle into a bowl of water, kitties actually like icy cool water in hot weather, I used to put ice cubes into our babies bowls. Id love to sit by fire, question is, can I stand ABC kids (our version of BBC) I dont think I can bear anohter episode of bananas in pjamas or bob the builder LOL (I dont like tv much with with rainy weather and a sick kid, I gave in)

Number of posts : 9362
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:23 pm

Have you ladies picked out your pattern yet for this swap? I made one today and I'm just not sure I really like it. So, tomorrow I'll make a different one and see which I like the best. It has applique in it and I love applique! I have so many I want to make it's real hard to pick just one.

Off to beddy by, but would love a BIG piece of Chocolate cake that redworker and gimpy were talking about! :)

memaw4
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:01 pm

I have my 2nd one all cut and laid out... tomorrow maybe I will get to sew it...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:05 pm

candle here is a piece of cake for your memaw, it sure smells good!

PostSubject: Re: Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009   Today at 7:57 am

Back to top Go down

Mini Quilt Swap signup list for 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next