The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.
HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Easy Peasy Xmas swap opened - join the fun HERE !!!!

Share | 

Swappers Likes & Dislikes - tell us your preference

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Number of posts : 11477
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Swappers Likes & Dislikes - tell us your preference   Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:40 pm

I have decided that I am not much of a swapper both because I always seem to have a lot going on and because we have very limited space. Therefore, I am more inclined to do a swap if it is something I can definitely use, like a potholder or can reasonably be given to a local charity when I am done with it. consequently, my preferences are probably less important.

Favourite Colour -Purple, with blues a strong second; strong colors
Favourite Block Style - maybe stars, but I do and enjoy lots of styles
Favourite Era - current, but not hung up on it.
Favourite Fabric Designer - There are lots, (NOT Kaffe) : Jinny Beyer; Paula Nadelstern, Laurel Burch
Favourite Fabric Type - batiks and Oriental prints

Most hated colour - orange/pale pinks
Definitely Dislike -
washed out colors,

Last edited by quiltermarynel on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Swappers Likes & Dislikes - tell us your preference   Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:12 am

Well, here's mine, although I like almost anything, especially if made by someone else.
It's the thought that counts.

Favourite Colour - Blue, especially country blue, but I also like greens, burgandy, browns, any rich colors
Favourite Block Style - Traditional, pieced or applique
Favourite Era - Not really an era, but my home is mostly country, but I also have Victorian in my living room and dining roon.
Favourite Fabric Designer - none in particular
Favourite Fabric Type - cotton

Most disliked colour - not crazy about orange

I really like birds, especially swans and hummingbirds; also florals, magnolias, etc. and I love little houses, cottages, etc.
My favorite holiday is Christmas. I love anything Christmas especially Victorian era, Dickens themes.
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Swappers Likes & Dislikes - tell us your preference   Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:30 pm

Well now. Went tooling around the board tonight because I am bored. (this is very rare) and lookie what I found!

I am not into swaps, my time is so very limited and I like to spend it working on prayer quilts to refine my sewing abilities. This winter hope to move into making DS and DDIL something special. But I think filling this in might be a nice little exercise.

Favourite Colour - Blue. Sky, denim, royal, robin's egg . . . BLUE! Followed by yellow

Favourite Block Style -The one I have most recently learned lol!
Favourite Era -Era? I'm supposed to have a favorite era? Whew! There are so many good things about any time, I don't think I can settle on one.
Favourite Fabric Designer -Can't answer this one either.
Favourite Fabric Type -MMMM. Guess I don't have enough experience to answer this either. Wow, guess this girl needs to do some learning!
Most hated colour -And that will be pink. Pink, pink ugh pink.
Definatley Dislike -
Things that are too busy. I like calm, serenity, quietness. And another thing I really dislike is a large print cut into such small pieces the fabric pattern becomes distorted. Small prints, small pieces. Large prints large pieces. Well, most of the time. There are good ways to do large prints small pieces.
I am a less is more sort of person, unless we're talking sewing supplies. Now that's different.

Oh and I like coffee. Not that it has anything to do with quilts. Very Happy

Thought it might be good to update this.
Favourite Colour - Blue, still blue will always be blue. But I love yellow in any shade and pastel greens. Cream, White on white, Hmmmm. I like just about any color.
Favourite Block Style - I like to paper piece. I found I am not good handling PP'ing with lots and lots of pieces, the simpler the easier for my gimpy hand to deal with.
Favourite Era - Pass on this one.
Favourite Fabric Designer - None in particular
Favourite Fabric Type - Cottons. Easier for my hand to deal with.

Most hated colour - Pink. Baby doll pink, bubble gum pink, Barbie pink. I do however like corals, rose, mauve. Just not that little girl, teeny bopper pink!
Definatley Dislike - Humm. Well. Maybe not a huge fan of plaids.

I am a birder, gardener, canner. Love coffee coffeecup especially hazelnut and cinnamon.
I don't really collect much, unless it's dirt and bills and I have enough of those!!
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 1039
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Swappers Likes & Dislikes - tell us your preference   Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:49 pm

I went looking and found that I hadn't done one of these .... so, seeing as I have joined in the Secret Santa this year I should make it easier for my Santa.

Favourite Colour - Blues, Yellows, Pinks
Favourite Block Style - Don't really have one
Favourite Era - Don't really have one
Favourite Fabric Designer - Probably Kaffe Fassett
Favourite Fabric Type - Anything really ... probably bright and bold

Most hated colour - Don't have a hated color .... I have even made a quilt with orange and green although I have to admit, not my favourites.
Definitely Like - cute, cats, dogs, coffee, candy, music and books.
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Swappers Likes & Dislikes - tell us your preference   Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:44 am

I like the colors maroon, green, brown and cream-
and countrys things, dolls and details to decorate the house.
No problem, I like everything! Smitten
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 1832

PostSubject: Re: Swappers Likes & Dislikes - tell us your preference   Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:00 am

we are updating ok,,, here we go..
Favourite Colour -anything bright (orange etc)
Favourite Block Style -traditional or quirky
Favourite Era -now don't like the 50's or 60's been there done that. lol
Favourite Fabric Designer -don't know they are all so wonderful
Favourite Fabric Type -not to crazy or flowery, like little flowers etc.

Most hated colour -can you hate a color? i can't
Definatley Dislike - not sewing lol.. i like everything just about.
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 9596

PostSubject: Re: Swappers Likes & Dislikes - tell us your preference   Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Hmmm, I never did this. Wonder why? Lazy maybe. winking 

What do I like, hmmm?????? Texas related/themed fabric/items.
Stronger colors, not so much pastels.
Not big on most of the really modern looking fabrics. I feel limited by the large patterns. Don't think they look as good when cut small.
I love Halloween. The more cutesy stuff. Not the gory, ugly stuff. Don't like primitive Halloween either.
I like applique and all quilt block patterns.
I like smaller florals and I like blenders a lot. Also polka dots.

Cassie's fav color is yellow. She loves sunflowers. She loves animals and does archery. Pretty much covers her. LOL

Always in a Texas state of mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swappers Likes & Dislikes - tell us your preference   Today at 1:27 am

Back to top Go down
Swappers Likes & Dislikes - tell us your preference
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2