I tried this one out the other night....success!!!
Chicken Shepards Pie.....courtesy of Rachel Ray Show...Yummo.....
* 2 1/2 to 3 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
* 1 tablespoon EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
* 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into half-inch dice
* Black pepper
* 1 cup store-bought shredded carrots, chopped
* 1 cup frozen peas
* 1 small bunch scallions, thinly sliced
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup white wine
* 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 6 sprigs of tarragon, leaves removed and chopped, about 2 tablespoons
* 1 5-ounce package of soft garlic and herb cheese, such as Boursin
* 2 egg yolks
* 1/4 cup (a handful) flat-leaf parsley, chopped
* 1/4 cup milk or chicken stock, enough to loosen up the potatoes
* Paprika, for garnish
Serves 4 to 6
Count each day a blessing!
Take the time to smell the roses!
Living in the beautiful Sierra Nevada of Northern California