Jello Popcorn - microwave recipe
Orange Jello Popcorn for the Easter carrots!
· 1/3 cup Butter
· 1/4 cup corn syrup or honey
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1 small package Jello (flavored gelatin mix)
· 9 cups popped popcorn
1. Spray a large microwave safe bowl and fill with the popped popcorn.
2. Combine corn syrup and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until melted (40-60 seconds).
3. Add sugar & Jello powder. Stir. Put in microwave and cook 3 1/2 minutes until it comes to a rolling boil (doubles in size). Remove stir and cook for an additional 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Pour over popcorn in a large microwave safe bowl. Stir to coat.
5. Place bowl in microwave and cook on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove, stir, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove, stir and cook for 45 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes. (Watch the color, you can burn the sugar if you cook it for too long.
6. Spread out on sprayed foil and cool. Store in an airtight container.
Notes: You can use any flavor of jello that you like. You can also finish this in the oven.
After step 3. Pour the syrup over popcorn in a large bowl. Stir to coat.
Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees F for 1/2 hour, stirring every 10 minutes.
Cool & break apart. Store in airtight container.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!! The sugar syrup is like liquid napalm and will cause major burns if you get it on your skin. Please pour and stir with care!
So you see, imagination needs moodling - long, inefficient, happy idling, dawdling and puttering.
"Brenda Ueland "
Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting