The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

Secret Santa Swap

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
breezepines2002

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:58 pm

oh I'm so sad I miss the swap party, but had to go to my work one, I got two secret santas from this one and the sister site.and neither put a note who they were from or which site soooooo I got a beautiful tote bag and some deco pot holders, they are gorgeous thanks who ever they were from,,,
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:00 pm

You ladies are all so sweet! It was fun! I am trying to mark off everyone as they shout out they got their gifts. Want to be sure everyone does!

I heard some people asking for a Secret Bunny for Easter. Keep it in the back of your head. We might try it if there is enough support.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:27 am

golo wrote:
My SS was Betweens... I got a nice plastic for templates, an envelope to keep patterns in, a lovely floral green bag to house plastic bags and a xmas lantern kit... lovely ideas... Thank you...

Hey Golo you stated you liked lime green in the kitchen so I thought it would go with your mug holder.. and who doesn't need to keep their blocks in order??

I did not get to join you I am so upset I missed the party.. my dates are so confusing when I work nights..please forgive me.. It looked like everyone had a wonderful time.. PK you are the best for hosting a great event!! thanks so much..

I am waiting for my gifts to arrive.. from both sites.. no mail yet
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6324

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:23 am

I am overwhelmed by the box of goodies sent by Mamu. I LOVE the coffee potholders she made! There was alos a desk needle threader, a bobbin winder, marking pen, pocket calendar, memo pad, nail file and Rudolph pin. Wow! Thanks so much for the lovely gifts and to PK for hosting!
:tumble:
Back to top Go down
Marian

Number of posts : 5108

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:23 am

So sorry I missed the opening with everyone! Sounds like veryone enjoyed what they got. I got some lovely hand appliqued dish towels from Jennifer They are just beautiful and already hanging in my kitchen. :tumble: for the lovely gift Jenn! I will post a picture as soon as we get our new computer. Hopefully next week or so! Thanks for hosting the swap as well PK!

Marian in Ohio

Last edited by Marian on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jessie s

Number of posts : 1291

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:50 am

There has been a mix up. Breezie I sent you the tote. But it is for CTTQ and I put a note in it but maybe it got stuck in the envelope. Hope it is the tote, it is blue with sewing stuff on the pocket. Marian I am sorry but I didn't send you the appliqued towels. Not sure who they were from. But I did get a Secret Santa gift from you. It was so cute. I am addicted to coffee and got a pouch of White Christmas coffee, plus a pack of pink quilt squares, every square different and wax for my simmer pot plus a bag holder. It is cute. I toss my plastic bags now in a drawer so this will be used, plus will get an empty drawer. Thanks again Marian. Love it.
Back to top Go down
Marian

Number of posts : 5108

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:04 am

Jessie, glad you liked your secret santa gift. I typed the wrong name by mistake and the towels were from Jennifer, so, that was my fault. I was trying to type too fast and put the wrong name, but I corrcted it doh ! Glad you liked the bag holder as well. I have mine hanging up and use it all the time. Have a wonderful holiday!

Marian in Ohio
Back to top Go down
jennQT

Number of posts : 218

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:56 am

Glad you like your gift Marian!

I received some beautiful quilted coasters, a drawstring xmas bag and a australian tea towel all from Shemoocows! Thank you Shemoocow :bday9:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:43 am

Helen,
Oh wow, I absolutely love the notecards you sent me. They are absolutely beautiful! Last night I sat down and opened the gift and was so taken aback by how much thought and effort you put into it. My entire family sat with me and went through every single card. My children (Especially Kevin) thought they were so amazing. My husband even ooo'd and awww'd over them! Thank you so much. They are so special to me. I have already stashed them away with all my favorite special items!
Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

Number of posts : 3405

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:58 am

Sorry I couldn't make the party to much going on here! But I did get a nice tablerunner from QMN. I posted a pic in the album.
Thank you MaryNel

Polska I'm glad your gift got there on time! Hope you liked it!
Back to top Go down
Schnookie

Number of posts : 1928

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:00 pm

Prinsses, Thank you so much for hosting this swap! It was fun and I so enjoyed reading all the post and particapating in it! Looks like everyone got nice gifts for sure.

My SS was Hummerlou, and she sent me this beautiful Blue Batik (fat quarter) Hummer had sewing2 embroidered Five big beautiful Snowflakes on it. They are shinny and sparkly so pretty too! I think I am going to make a winter pillow out of it to go on my couch or chair, or bed, or in my lap or I just might carry it all over with me so I can admire the Snowflakes. Thumbup I love it :tumble: Hummerlou, it is just perfect, I love blue and I love Snowflakes!
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3937
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Sorry I missed the party last night! Schnookie, I am so glad you like your fat quarter!
Back to top Go down
Schnookie

Number of posts : 1928

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:08 pm

Like it I love it! Smitten
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20333

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Dara Im so glad you liked the notecards, at the time I thought it was a brilliant idea then once I posted them I started thinking 'Uh Oh, I think I screwed up, thats a dumb idea" I wrote on the back of each one where or what it is, I had fun making them, they literally took hours, we have around 70,000 photos stored on our harddrives, going through them looking for the right pics was a big job but fun, I tried to choose images of things you wouldnt see everyday where you live, give you a mini holiday as such.

Party sounds like it was fun, sorry I missed it friends, I had to go out and I mucked up the times and well, I wouldnt have been able to make it as it was anyway. Glad you all had fun, the SS and the mini swaps have really been fun, Im looking forward to doing more things like this next year!

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:47 pm

Gimpy, your note cards to Dara sound inspirational. They were probably really wonderful. You needn't have worried.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Thanks Joanne, I made note cards using our own photos, I chose garden and scenery images for them, I tried to think of what plants wouldnt likely be growing where Dara lives and then used pics of them and I tried to choose scenery photos that again, would be different kind of geography/climate to where Dara is (they are aussie images too but I really wanted different climate and geographical) it was fun making them Very Happy

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:39 pm

I really enjoy your pictures, Gimpy. May times at night I see a great pic of your area, scenery or plants and when I get to work the next day, I pull it up and show a few friends. It is really interesting to share images from my Australian friends.
Back to top Go down
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:01 pm

This is what MurrayTart gave me for the SS swap! It is an Aussie Calendar, historical pamphlets, and a CD of Aussie songs!! I just love it and sure helps me see a little bit more about the Aussie life style and countryside. What a creative gift, thank you so much!!

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:12 pm

How nice!!

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
quiltmom9 AQM9

Number of posts : 3497

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:53 pm

My SS gift from Memaw4......I love them!!!!! Thank you Kay!!!!!

Living in the beautiful Sierra Nevada of Northern California

http://community.webshots.com/user/abertquiltmom9

Last edited by abertquiltmom9 AQM9 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:33 pm

Alicia you click on the image in the gallery you want to post on here, two code boxes will appear beneath the image, copy the bottom code box BBCode of Picture, just cut and paste it to your message here and then when you hit hte send button it magically appears in your post ;-)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:44 pm

Cheesy Thumbup clap dance

Yay, you did it!!! Beautiful gift, love the snowman pattern and the fabrics, who lovely!

Number of posts : 3497

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:51 pm

Thanks Gimpy....aren't they cute????? Hug

Living in the beautiful Sierra Nevada of Northern California

http://community.webshots.com/user/abertquiltmom9
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Really cute! Im glad I made sense for inserting the picture LOL, Im got good at 'techie speak' LOL

Luvsquilting Im glad our pictures are enjoyed, we are always out and about and saying "need to get a pic of that for the ladies on the forum' even laura says it Very Happy

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:57 pm

Knock Knock Knock on my door, its the post lady gift2

I just recieved my SS gift from Gwennie - thank you so much Gwennie, I just love what you sent, you spoiled me

Beautiful xmas box, cool candy ornament for our tree, snowman pot holder, charm pack - guess what - we love cosmos flowers, the fabrics are so neat!!!! Tea, you saved my life, I swear its the truth, I had a box, a precious box and look what happened to it?

Its empty :affraid: but then your gift arrived and now I have some more precious tea , mmmmm whew (picture me stroking my box of tea and whispering ' my precious' just like Golum) Thank you!!!!!

Laura loves the ornament, she hung it right away

Oh and did I mention how much we love Cosmos flowers/plants? Look what we were sowing yesterday in our garden!!! Your fabric suits perfectly and is timed spot on to coincide with our planting!!

Thank You

Hug

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap   Today at 3:48 am

Back to top Go down

Secret Santa Swap
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 22 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next