The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
InsufferableBratt

Number of posts : 2613
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:52 pm

because she's an absolutely HORRIBLE influence!

I was over by her yesterday to make carmel corn to take in as christmas presents for my coworkers and she was showing me one of her new quilting mags. Now, since I call her a magazine wh---, I can't tell you WHICH mag it was. She subscribes to just about all of them! Anyways, I know she had mentioned this to me earlier online, but she showed me this new block of the month from Pearl Louise called Snow Sweet Shoppe. Pearl Louise is the same one who designed the Blizzard bunch BOM I did via a LQS a few years ago. I was signed up for the next snowman BOM from her a few years back, but then the owner suddenly died and the shop closed, so that was that.

Anyways, so I looked at it and it was cute. Came home later and just for the heck of it, decided to try check out her site and started seriously considering doing this one. Her site only sells the patterns, not monthly kits. Ideally, I'd prefer a kit, as that's how I got it before. I then googled it to see if anyone else carried it and got zip, zilch bupkes. So now I'm thinking maybe I'll just order the pattern a month and do it that way.

Well, tonight I decided to check that quiltshops.com site and see if I could find anyone else selling this thing. I hit paydirt.

http://www.keamasquilts.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?product=BOM_Main&productid=snowsweet&tracking4=search%20snowsweet&pid=1#snowsweet

This place is selling them as KITS, which is what I wanted. I have an email in to them about the program and am now seriously considering signing up for this.

And my dad thinks I'M the one who's the bad influence!

Last edited by InsufferableBratt on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:12 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3921
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:55 pm

O! You gotta check this link out!!!

http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Shopper_id=2131028131121213&Store_id=498&page_id=23&Item_ID=1294

I realize you wanted a kit, so this may not be what you want. Love this quilt too!!!
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:11 pm

That darn Anita. You must really love her. teehee.

I can't add anything to my WAD list, but would really like to switch out that one during Christmas. I have a wall hanging that's about 40 x 40 or so.

How big is that quilt anyway.
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:31 pm

that is the sweetest snowman quilt I have seen so far.... good luck on it Bratt

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
InsufferableBratt

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:31 pm

hummerlou wrote:
O! You gotta check this link out!!!

http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Shopper_id=2131028131121213&Store_id=498&page_id=23&Item_ID=1294

I realize you wanted a kit, so this may not be what you want. Love this quilt too!!!

Hummer, that's the same one! I realized my link was messed up, so it's fixed now.

Luvsquilting wrote:
That darn Anita. You must really love her. teehee.

I can't add anything to my WAD list, but would really like to switch out that one during Christmas. I have a wall hanging that's about 40 x 40 or so.

How big is that quilt anyway.

It says 50" by 50".
Back to top Go down
quiltmom9 AQM9

Number of posts : 3479

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:54 pm

Very, very cute!!!!!!

I love snowmen!!!!! :snowman:

Living in the beautiful Sierra Nevada of Northern California

http://community.webshots.com/user/abertquiltmom9
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:33 pm

Really is cute!
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6211

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:41 am

I live to enable! Cheesy anitas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:59 am

That IS a cute quilt! Smitten

Several years ago I made a snowman quilt for my Sis. It was fun finding the blues with white dots/figures to use as backgrounds! In fact...I think finding the fabrics was the part I liked best? winking
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9361

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:17 pm

I put that one in my favorites to go back to! Very cute indeed.

memaw
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

Number of posts : 4205

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:34 pm

Me, too! (Now I'm thinking maybe Anita was a little bad for telling Bratt - and Bratt was a little bad for telling us!) winking
Back to top Go down
InsufferableBratt

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:50 pm

AnnieOakLeaf wrote:
That IS a cute quilt! Smitten

Several years ago I made a snowman quilt for my Sis. It was fun finding the blues with white dots/figures to use as backgrounds! In fact...I think finding the fabrics was the part I liked best? winking

AOL, I agree that's part of the fun. I've had fun jazzing up my dog blocks this year to suit myself. I think I would consider buying it as just the pattern, but part of what I liked on the Blizzard Bunch was that they fabrics in my kits I would never have picked out myself. the lady leading that quilt told us if we didn't like a particular fabric, use something else instead. She said it would keep everyone's different and interesting. Several of the reds I used in the Dog Yeared quilts are actually left overs from Blizzard Bunch.

QBee - Mary Ann wrote:
Me, too! (Now I'm thinking maybe Anita was a little bad for telling Bratt - and Bratt was a little bad for telling us!) winking

And we should say bad QBee for showing us the Dog Yeared quilt!

I did hear back fromt he shop I emailed this evening. Now I just have to figure out if I want to go that route or just the patterns.
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11377

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:21 am

Shame on you, Anita, enabling an addict!! Although, come to think of it, isn't that what we ALL are doing here?
Back to top Go down
InsufferableBratt

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:16 pm

I just signed up for the kits. The only thing that was stopping me was that I did a guesstimate of how much it would cost after I paid for all the kits and the registration fee....and I wasn't so sure I wanted the kits anymore for that much.

HOWEVER....we did our Christmas part at work the other day and everybody brought in their gifts to exchange. The bosses gave me a $100 bill, so I tdecided if THAT all went towards the quilt, then the price wasn't so ugly! I took that down to the bank today, as I don't like carrying that much cash and should be getting my first kit in late January. They told me they're shipping the 3rd Saturday of the month when I emailed them.

I also came up with an idea of how to quilt this one and how to make Blizzard Bunch a little easier to quilt. I just have to decide if doing that for the remaining blcoks left to quilt on that one will look strange when I did part of it already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:19 am

Well Bratt..if it makes you feel any better...a lot of times if you go out and buy the fabrics to do a BOM..you end up buying more fabric than you need..just to get a little variety in the quilt. By doing it this way it will probably actually cost you less?
That Christmas bonus will help a lot? Sounds like a good spend to me?
Back to top Go down
InsufferableBratt

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:39 pm

LOL, AOL, I think on some levels that's true. Thimble Cottage had them for about $6 a month shipped for just the pattern. I'm thinking it's going to be around $20 a month for the kits shipped, plus the $25 registration fee. So if you say that gives you $15 a month or so to pick fabrics....yeah, I could probably do that. With the kits though, I'm sure they'll pick out some I would never have looked at in the first place. It also helps keep me from shopping for ugly fabric!

You guys never did see how big my duck pile got before I did something with it, did you? LMAO, I did my bed quilt king size and I have a double bed, and I could probably get at least another 3 bed quilts out of that stack easy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:28 am

LOL..I do the same Bratt! It's really bad when I start collecting fabrics for a future quilt and then get delayed in making it. I continue to buy fabrics for the project! doh
Back to top Go down
InsufferableBratt

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:18 pm

What was really bad with that one is I think I went through about a dozen or so maybe patterns before I finally settled on Turning 20
Again. For the longest time I was just buying more duck fabric to add to the collection...and it wasn't even intended for me originally!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:20 pm

lmao At least i'm not the only one that does that?

AND..your rubber duckies are a classic. They'll never go out of style? Thumbup
Back to top Go down
InsufferableBratt

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:45 pm

My first kit came today -- yay! Even better....the pattern is drawn in reverse, so I don't have to worry about forgetting to do that! I'm going over by mom tomorrow to pick up some mail and I'm sure she will help me pick out floss and figure out whether or not it's worth it to attempt to wash my fabric. Some of these pieces are TINY!
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11377

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:29 am

Oh, What fun! Enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19917

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:09 am

whats the kit for Bratt?? Tell us, show us, we need to know more!

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:05 am

Gimpy, it's for the first block in the Snow Sweet Shoppe BOM by Pearl Louise. I'm doing it with this quilt shop, as they're doing it in kits.

http://www.keamasquilts.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?product=BOM_Main&productid=snowsweet&tracking4=search%20snowsweet&pid=1#snowsweet

I was thrilled to see that the shipping charges were substantially less than I was expecting too. I must say though, that I did the blizzard Bunch BOM thru a LQS that sold them in kits. When I did that one, they encouraged us to decide if we didn't like a certain fabric, to pick something else, as well as to keep all scraps in one location for later blocks. With the size of some of these pieces, I don't think I will have to worry as much with this one about deignating one container for all my leftover fabrics.
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:45 am

Brat and AOL, you are not alone. We should start a support group. Is there a 12-step program for us.

Example. I could not decide on quilt fabric or pattern for future DIL's bridal shower quilt.

1. Purchased lots of batiks (I didn't have many) to make a Storm at Sea quilt. Didn't really like my selections. Some ideas I had for colors I couldn't find.

2. Changed directions and purchased additional fabric to make a Storm at Sea with quilting cottons. Decided I wasn't quite sure I would like the results because
Storm at Sea is a difficult pattern. I didn't want to be unhappy with the results.

3. Settled on Minnesota Mixer fabric and quilt. I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with this selection, but if I don't start, I won't finish! The deadline is around Easter. That's when a shower will be scheduled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:51 am

I'm glad I'm not alone as far as collecting/changing my mind! lmao

I also have to get a lot of my fabrics online because there aren't any quilt shops here. A lot of times when the fabric arrives, the color is a bit different than it looked on my monitor..or the scale of the print is larger..so I NEED to order more. winking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Today at 4:32 am

Back to top Go down

FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next