The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6219
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:58 pm

I am so proud of you, Bratt, for taking this series on. I simply would not attempt the multitude of little pieces. And to think you used to have an applique phobia!

I think the biker baker is gonna be jealous when he sees the motorcycle snoqman you bought! clap
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9483

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:32 pm

Another super cute one. You have done an outstanding job on these. How many more are there?

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

Number of posts : 4205

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Bratt - can I be proud of you,too, even if I'm not your mom?!? lmao These blocks are sooo cute, and you're doing a great job with them! I think the secret of those little pieces is telling oneself to slow down and enjoy the process. . . then being proud that you did it.
Back to top Go down
InsufferableBratt

Number of posts : 2615

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:23 pm

Anita M. wrote:
I am so proud of you, Bratt, for taking this series on. I simply would not attempt the multitude of little pieces. And to think you used to have an applique phobia!

I think the biker baker is gonna be jealous when he sees the motorcycle snoqman you bought! clap

Cheesy The little pieces aren't THAT bad, aside from the ton of cupcakes on teh first one! And Pearl Louise and her Blizzard Bunch had a big hand in my getting past the applique phobia and finishing the famous "I have an applique phobia" quilt top!

TxMaryQuilts wrote:
Another super cute one. You have done an outstanding job on these. How many more are there?

Three more blocks. That includes the one I fused down today. October is the last month for a block, then it looks like November they will send me the stuff to put the top together and December is borders. I've seen the borders....I am intimidated!

QBee - Mary Ann wrote:
Bratt - can I be proud of you,too, even if I'm not your mom?!? lmao These blocks are sooo cute, and you're doing a great job with them! I think the secret of those little pieces is telling oneself to slow down and enjoy the process. . . then being proud that you did it.

Aww!!! Sure, you can be proud of me! You can be my adopted mom! I think the trick to doing these is an applique pressing sheet! Makes everything go sooooooo much more smoothly! I've tried doing applique on machine (when I started the I have an applique phobia quilt) and it did not go well. I've found that if I do it by hand, I don't have as many problems and I can do that while watching TV.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19924
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:53 pm

Bratt Id like to hear about the biker snowman who's gonna compete with the biker baker! Tell us, letting Anita tease us like that LOL

You know what Bratt, you should try some needleturn, it even easier than stitching through fused pieces. I got sick of applique because of the fusible, its hard to hand sew through. Needleturn is so easy, just the soft cotton to pass the needle through, you use a special glue stick to anchor your pieces and set it all out then sew. I glue pieces in layers as I work, bottom layer etc, but Im sure you would find it enjoyable and its really easy peasy to simply cut pieces a bit bigger all around then turn the edge under a little and stitch it down.

Cant wait to see the quilt and borders, are they pieced?

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:04 pm

Gimpy, this is the biker snowman panel I got last week at the LQS by Anita. I had seen this online and it was on my must buy if I ever see it in person list. There's also a coordinating all over print with snowmen on motorcycles, but the shop didn't have that one. I'm not quite sure just yet what I'm going to do with the panel, but I'm thinking I might use the Poky Puppy pattern and do something like that. The panel is the same size as that one, so it would work.

http://www.fabric.com/quilting-fabric-shop-by-designer-elizabeth-39-s-studio-elizabeth-s-studio-novelty-holiday-collections.aspx

The above link has both the print and the panel.

Gimpy, I'm not sure if that's the same as what I tried once before or not? Mom would know for sure. She had me baste the pieces, then sew them down and then I had to rip out the basting. It was such a pain and I HATED doing it that way. As evidence, it took me a YEAR to do ONE Honeybee block!!!! Fusible works MUCH better for me and it goes a lot faster too.

I can't really tell from the picture if the borders are pieced or not. I think they might be, but I'm not sure. They have kind of a scalloped edge all the way around, but it's still a square qjuilt, if that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:55 am

Bratt..your newest block is adorable! That quilt is really a cute one.
I like the biker snowmen too. They have so many fun fabrics out now.
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:50 pm

love your panel ,Bratt... will be fun to see what you do with it...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Bratt I can see why you wanted the fabric and panel, sure made me chuckle, too cute. The applique, ummm basting - no way hosea. I dont baste LOL thats why I like needleturn, less steps and double handling, just trace your shape onto the right side of the fabric, cut out about 1/8" (or a bit more till you feel comfy working with it) bigger around the shape. Dab of glue or a pin to pop it in place then start sewing, simply turn the edges under as you stitch it down. I have done paper pieceing by hand but not a huge fan (one day I will get back to that quilt) but the needle turn means I dont even have to fuss with fusible, more time saved!

Have fun with the quilt, its going to be as cute as could be

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:08 pm

Ginger & Snap from last month. This one was nice and easy after last month's!

I'm on a roll and got August's done two weeks before the new one will ship! Now I have to figure out something else to applique..... I think the next day or two is going to be spent working on that binding I need to do while I figure something out for the applique.

And, I don't know why it shows up this way in the picture, but those are two rhinestones on the bottom of the apron, not a big glue glob or stain.
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6219

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:08 am

Nice Job, Bratt! I have been thinking about making gingersnaps! LOL!
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:31 am

You are doing all that blanket stitch by hand! Wow, I would never have the patience. Kudos to you.
Ginger and Snap are precious. Very cute.

http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3927

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:32 am

Bratt, your blocks are adorable! Thumbup
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:04 pm

they are so fun to see.... nice work... Thumbup

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
InsufferableBratt

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Miss Tea Time Sconetessa....with a somewhat questionable fashion sense.

My brother is supposed to draw the face on the clock for me next weekend when we're both home for my dad's birthday. Mom has him do some work for her too, since he's actually a good artist and has decent handwriting. The block was actually finished a week ago, I just kept forgetting to go glue my rhinestones on. I think I might still have some Jewel-It on my fingers from that!
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11393

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:51 am

What great fabrics!!! I would certainly have bought those if I'd seen them.
Back to top Go down
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:56 am

Very very cute blocks!!!

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:14 am

I love her fashion sense. Nice and festive. Very Happy This is going to be the cutest quilt ever. I love seeing all your progress.

Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3927

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:24 am

Bratt, the fabrics are wonderful and your block is fabulous!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:40 pm

Oh I dont know how I missed Ginger and Snap but I love them and I love this one too, her fashion sense is out of the box individual, these blocks really are cute Bratt, its going to be one cheerful happy quilt when finished

Number of posts : 4205

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:10 pm

I think she is tres chic, and I'm confident she'll make the Top 10 Best Dressed List for Snow Women!! Thumbup
Back to top Go down
InsufferableBratt

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:27 pm

Thanks everybody! I have one block left, shipping next Saturday or shortly thereafter. Then November, they send the stuff to assemble the top and December is borders. I'm kinda bummed that I only have one more block left!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:09 pm

why dont you design your own block to use as the centre of a pillow to go with the quilt? Just a thought, that way you wont be finished just yet Very Happy

Number of posts : 11393

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:04 pm

I like that idea too.
Back to top Go down
InsufferableBratt

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:42 pm

I got my brother to draw the clock face on there for me Saturday when I was over for my dad's birthday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11   Today at 11:01 am

Back to top Go down

FORMERLY Bad, bad Anita....--AKA, Bratt's Snow Sweet Shoppe quilt - Month 12 pic added 2/13/11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next