The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Feedback

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11557
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Feedback   Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:14 pm

At the end of last year, I gave a stack of quilts to a local church. I have gotten a couple of thank you notes since then. Today, I heard about another quilt. It was given to a teen-mother, who was very depressed. Apparently things did not work out as she had planned, if she planned (no kidding!). The church member in charge of giving out the quilts had advised that girl's mother to put the quilt out to remind the young mother that she was still loved, even if not by the baby's father. The girl's mother stopped my friend after church today to say that the quilt was helping in their fight to get the girl back on track.

I figured out which quilt it was. Flower Play is now in my album. Yhis reminds me once again that we never know when or how we can have a positive effect on someone's life. We never have a guild meeting without hearing about someone whose difficult time was eased a bit by the quilts we give.
Back to top Go down
Cottonpicker

Number of posts : 206

PostSubject: Re: Feedback   Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:26 pm

That's wonderful, Marynel. It was nice of her to make sure you heard how much of a blessing it was to them.

My q-group just started a new charity project called NIN-Newborns in need. These go to the hospitals in our area and they let us know what they are most in need of. They told us mainly blankets and hats, but they also need tiny things for preemies that didn't make it. The lady in our group that is starting this has made outfits and blankets to match for those preemies with doll patterns. (The parents can't find things to fit them for burial) She has made some beautiful things and already gotten feedback from grateful Grandparents.

The hospitals also say that they have seen a lot of babies go home in an adult t-shirt with needy parents. Unthinkable! I guess our little group will be busy for a while getting them stocked up.
Back to top Go down
Paws to quilt

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Feedback   Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:56 pm

Marynel, I know that makes you feel "warm inside", and it should.
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: Feedback   Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:47 pm

Thanks for relating the story, Marynel...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Schnookie

Number of posts : 1928

PostSubject: Re: Feedback   Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:03 pm

How wonderful to know what your given quilt has help others especialy a young women in need. It brought goose bumps to me while I read your post. thanks for sharing that info with use. Quilts are comforting that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20309

PostSubject: Re: Feedback   Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:41 pm

Thanks for sharing Marynel, its good to hear something you made is warming someones spirit and heart, well done
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9462

PostSubject: Re: Feedback   Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:58 pm

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful story Marynel. And Cottonpicker my heart goes out to those parents and grandparents of babies who don't make it. It makes me want to go and hold each one.

It also gave me an idea to go to our local hospital to see if I could help out in any way by sewing baby clothes or little blankets. I sure have plenty of patterns to work with. And God gave me this talent. What better way to put it to use?

What a wonderful oportunity to posibbly make a difference in someones life.

Thank you both so much. I call this a "God Stop" because it made me stop and think and to realize just how lucky I am to have such wonderfu quilt sisters as all of you. I'll keep you updated.

memaw4
Back to top Go down
redworker2002

Number of posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: Feedback   Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:32 pm

I have a pattern for "blessing gowns" for babies that don't make it if you want one. We have made them in several sizes and have gotten most of the "bugs" worked out of what the needs of the pattern are to help the nurses dress them. PM me if you want a copy.

NancyC in less hot than it wasCA
Back to top Go down
Cottonpicker

Number of posts : 206

PostSubject: Re: Feedback   Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:45 am

Memaw, It is heartbreaking isn't it? But like you said it is heartwarming to see so many of our quilting sister's that help any way they can. I agree this thread is a God stop.

Redworker, I sent you a pm. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feedback   Today at 4:38 am

Back to top Go down

Feedback
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1