The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

BOM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: BOM   Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:07 pm

I dunno if anybody is doing the Fat Cat BOMs? I just noticed today that the Sept. Bear's Paw block is posted. I'm behind a bit!
http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/bearspaw_sampler.htm

AND
The pinwheel sampler
http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/pinwheel_sampler.htm
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2252
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:34 pm

From the BOMs thread over at QS:

Title: Online BOM's AND Mysteries!
Post by: FiberBabble on August 03, 2008, 02:59:34 PM
Okay, I was having problems deciding where to post this info, so I got pushy and decided to make a new topic.
(Yes, me, getting pushy. What a shock, eh? Thud )

Tell us where you're finding BOM's online - not the "Buy this pattern every month" kind, but the ones that are graciously offered free of charge by the wonderful, talented quilters out there on the internet!

I'll start:
Sindy at Fat Cat Patterns http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/ has just started two NEW BOM's. They are
The Pinwheel Sampler http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/pinwheel_sampler.htm - 12" finished blocks
The Bear's Paw Sampler http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/bearspaw_sampler.htm - 14" finished blocks

She says both of these BOM's will stay up for a full year.

There's a bunch more - someone jump in and tell us where to find more!

Hmmm... what about mysteries? There are quite a few available, and lots of times they work like a BOM, too. How 'bout we include current online mysteries, too?

Title: Re: Online BOM's
Post by: golo on August 03, 2008, 03:27:03 PM
Try this one

http://ajpadilla.com/freebies

Post by: quilton on August 03, 2008, 05:07:25 PM
Okay, so maybe I'm messing this up but this is for an online mystery quilt that has started.

http://www.webequilts.com/

I have parts 1, 2 and 3 downloaded. I just need to buy my fabric.

Post by: FiberBabble on August 03, 2008, 05:18:46 PM
This is what I was hoping to see - I have all 3 of the steps for the webequilts BOM/Mystery saved, too, though I haven't actually opened them and looked at them! :grin:

The webequilts.com BOM seems to get steps posted more than once a month, though, so I have to remind myself to go visit more often!

Title: Re: Online BOM's AND Mysteries!
Post by: FiberBabble on August 03, 2008, 08:34:38 PM

Beth Ferrier's Pinwheels and Posies BOM http://applewd.com/BOM/page1.html over at Applewood Farms is on it's 6th step - and it looks like there has been a correction to Step 6 (July). If you're following that one, be sure to download the correction before it goes away. The steps are only up for one month, then they are available for purchase.

Steps are posted on the 15th of the month.

Barbara Dieges does a very cool Applique BOM http://www.bdieges.com/text/bdpw.html over at bdieges designs. She doesn't archive these, so you've got to grab them while you can.

New designs are usually posted around the 15th of the month.

Now I guess I'd better haul my digits over to the Links section and add all of these - My goal in life is to stay on BearFoot's GOOD side! :2funny:

Post by: FiberBabble on August 04, 2008, 08:33:49 PM
Okay, here's a couple more:

Regina Grewe http://www.reginagrewe.de/00main/05gratismuster.html has paper-pieced floral BOM's. Her site is not in English, but it's pretty easy to figure out what's what - and you don't actually need WORDS for a paper-piecing pattern. Scroll down to see the previous months' pattern links. There are illustrations of the individual blocks and ideas for putting them in quilts.

Bonus - blocks are in pdf AND pj6 format. Is .pj6 for EQ users?

New blocks seem to show up around the 15th of the month.

QOV Mystery #2 http://www.persimmonquilts.com/QOVMysteryTWO.html only has two clues to go before it's complete. Two versions are offered, planned and scrappy. Finished quilt s/b 58x70".

Clues are posted on the 1st and 15th.

Who has the Judy Laquidara Star BOM info? Do I need to go digging for that one? There's another floral mystery or BOM - I think it's done in long panels... anyone know what I'm talking about?

Post by: Calico_Chris on August 05, 2008, 06:35:00 AM
Tracy,

Pj6 files are EQ6 files. I was able to download, save and open this in my EQ program with ease.
Thanks for the link

Chris

Post by: FiberBabble on August 05, 2008, 08:52:20 AM
Quote from: Calico_Chris on August 05, 2008, 06:35:00 AM
Tracy,

Pj6 files are EQ6 files. I was able to download, save and open this in my EQ program with ease.
Thanks for the link

Chris

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Yay! It worked for you and I learned something!

Topic moved over by

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:42 pm

Post by: TxMaryQuilts on August 05, 2008, 12:26:35 PM
Hey, I think goblins ate Quiltons post. :shocked: I could of sworn I read that clue 4 and 5 on the Webequilt mystery is posted and now it is not here. But clue 4 and 5 have been posted because I just got them so I don't think I imagined it.

I am sooo confused! Undesided Siggghhhh

Oh well, the clues are up if you want them.
I am saving them to try to do with some friends later this year, when we are not all so busy! :2funny: Thud

Post by: golo on August 05, 2008, 02:36:20 PM
TxMary, I read it to.. then went and ran off the clues... so your not imagining anything..... :idiot2:

Post by: quilton on August 05, 2008, 04:20:47 PM
Boy, some goblin was hungry. I did post that!!! I'm going to be careful with clue 6. I think my DH might run that off in case its a photo of the finished one.
I bought my fabric today and it sure isn't burgundy like I thought I was going to get! I hope I like it when its done!

Post by: quilton on August 05, 2008, 04:37:57 PM
Ah-ha, the reason you couldn't find it here, is cause I hadn't posted it here. It was up there in the original thread. So here you go, none of us were dreaming. I didn't even remember where I had put it................must have been a long day at the QS.

Parts four and five are now posted. My two girlfriends are going to do it with me. See how we make out. I'll post pics when we are done. It won't be for awhile though!

Post by: golo on August 05, 2008, 04:45:21 PM
Quilton, your fabric is beautiful.. that should be relaly pretty... I haven't decided yet if I am going to do this quilt or not, but just in case I am copying the directions.... really looking forward to seeing yours done and your girlfriends too....

Post by: betweens on August 06, 2008, 03:53:22 AM
I love your colors now I can't wait to see what you and girls are going to do....I will be checking in.. post your blocks as you go along so we can see the progress..

deb.. oh yeah pleeeeeeeeease

Post by: quilton on August 06, 2008, 01:02:50 PM
Clue 6 is out! However, if you don't want to know what the quilt looks like, do not look at page 2. I had my DH run it off and he kept the picture of the quilt. I took the page with the final clues.
I'm going to start it next week. I'll post as I go.

Post by: golo on August 06, 2008, 01:33:39 PM
I ran off the clue and the quilt page... Love it... now I know I will make it... Thumbup

Post by: betweens on August 06, 2008, 02:26:48 PM
I think she did fantastic.. but I would change the red's to blues and the blues to reds.. just a personal preference..

deb

Post by: FiberBabble on August 14, 2008, 08:20:08 PM
HURRY HURRY HURRY -

Block 1 of Judy Laquidara's Star BOM is coming down to make room for Block 2 !!

I was hoping that someone else who was following this project would step up and post the site, but Noooooo (tsk, tsk). doh

http://www.patchworktimes.com/star-bom/

Clues are up for a couple of weeks usually. Be sure to click around and read instructions and comments - she's been getting some pretty bonehead questions... the kind that are answered up front, but the 'askers' aren't bothering to look for the info.

Oops. I think my opinion is showing.... :knuppel2:

Post by: betweens on August 15, 2008, 12:20:38 AM
FiberB...I think since alot of the group is already doing a star quilt (the Quilt a long) that they are not looking for this one.. soooooooooo are you making this one??

Deb

Post by: Calico_Chris on August 15, 2008, 04:30:15 AM
I saw a few of our Challenge blocks in Judy Laquidara's Star BOM including this months Rising Star . I'm not ready to start more stars but it was a nice blog and I went to her website too. I did run across this great tutorial on how to do the math when doing pieced borders....and WE ALL know Chris needs help with the Math doh

http://www.sunshinequilts.com/borderfit.pdf

Post by: quilton on August 15, 2008, 06:10:41 AM
Thanks Chris. I printed it off. Its a good one to have.

Post by: FiberBabble on August 15, 2008, 06:57:04 AM
I'm glad that you all at least clicked over and checked it out - I'm not pimping this project but I wanted to make sure that if anyone WAS interested they'd have a chance to get in on the ground floor. :smiley:

No Deb, I'm not doing this one. I'm not a great fan of sampler quilts, and I already have a year's worth of star blocks all neatly made up and stacked in my UFO bin... doh

Now, it's the 15th, so if there are any other online BOM's or Mysteries that you're following, don't forget to check them out for new clues! As for me, I'm off to visit Regina Grewe, Barbara Dieges and Applewood Farms! (heh. Links section)

Post by: betweens on August 15, 2008, 11:20:07 AM
Barbara D does have your beautiful Aug block up and ohhhhhhh I just love her applique patterns!! I have her bookmarked to keep any eye.. and Beth F (applewood) will be winding down that Pinwheels and Posies one real soon.. I even got her fabric to make that precious quilt

Pray tell us more about Regina Grewe...you dangled that names FiberB but didn't put in the lovely links.. LOL..you tease...

Deb-

Post by: FiberBabble on August 15, 2008, 12:40:03 PM
Quote from: betweens on August 15, 2008, 11:20:07 AM[/b]
Pray tell us more about Regina Grewe...you dangled that names FiberB but didn't put in the lovely links.. LOL..you tease...

Deb-

Regina Grewe is doing a paper pieced flower BOM. This one has a bit of a different flavor than many paper-pieced flowers, and the layouts that she uses as examples are pretty inspiring at times.

The blocks started in January and it looks like they're all still posted (scroll down to the bottom of the page). The site is in German, but with paper piecing patterns I don't think that the language barrier is any problem.

She also offers her downloads in both pdf and pj6 formats.

This month's flower is a balloon flower.
http://www.reginagrewe.de/00main/05gratismuster.html

Post by: betweens on August 15, 2008, 02:07:20 PM
too late.. I googled her and was able to get it translated in english.. Nah nah.. nahnahnah.. I see that tongue sticking out.. LOL

Great paper pieced patterns.. the girls that just took the on line class should take a look and get a little challenge by it..

I have almost 2 sally post blocks done and 2 Aunt Millie's done.. as soon as I get new batteries will be able to post in my blog.. applique just feels so good..

deb

Post by: FiberBabble on August 15, 2008, 02:55:04 PM
Quote from: betweens on August 15, 2008, 02:07:20 PM[/b]
I have almost 2 sally post blocks done and 2 Aunt Millie's done.. as soon as I get new batteries will be able to post in my blog.. applique just feels so good..

deb

Who's Aunt Millie?

Post by: Calico_Chris on August 15, 2008, 03:00:16 PM
In Michigan Aunt Millie makes bread! Don't know about quilting!
I've been to Reginas site before and you are right. Other than stumbling around a bit I was able to download her Pj6 files.

Post by: quilton on August 15, 2008, 03:16:54 PM
Thank you. I've saved them all and translated them too. NOW I know what I'm making!

Post by: betweens on August 15, 2008, 05:14:25 PM
Oh these are the blocks I am doing from the new Piece o Cake BOM that is out..called Aunt Millie's garden.. if you go to my blog click on the title of Aunt Millie and you will see the original quilt mine will be different colors.. of course

Deb

Post by: FiberBabble on August 15, 2008, 05:22:51 PM
Ahhhh... is the Piece O'Cake project online, or from a book, or what?

(Looks veddy, veddy nice. Insane, but nice Thumbup )

Topics moved over by

Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:49 pm

Okay, Ladies and Gents, that's what was in the other forum.

I know there's a new QOV mystery starting up on Sept. 15. A couple of Sindy's (fat cat patterns) have come to an end.

What else?
:sunny: I found Ted's Sampler http://www.harmonyquilts.com.au/free_block_of_month.htm - all of the blocks are up except for the last one.

C'mon... someone else play!
:bounce: :bounce:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:22 am

Thank you for bringing that over FB! I'm printing off the Bear's Paw blocks..not doing them yet. With all that's been going on I forgot to check for Sept.'s until last night.
I wasn't sure what area of the board this should be posted under..but noticed we didn't think to start a thread about BOMs. We can move it if it should be somewhere else.
I hope others will add whatever they come across.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:29 am

http://quiltville.com/oldtobaccoroadintro.shtml Has a mystery quilt posted. I'm going to do it I think? Anyhoo..if anybody is interested..you can download the file or copy it off. I dunno how long she keeps those posted?
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3927
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:06 am

Finisher, I really like the 'Old Tobacco Road'...... I'm gonna print that one out and see if I can get it done before the end of the year! :bounce:
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

Number of posts : 12611

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:49 am

OK girls, I clicked on the pattern and set it up for HTML print and left the room. When I came back the left side of the page has theTools and gadgets etc printed on it and the right side of the paper has the left side of the patter no it, what is wrong??? When I clicked on the HTML that went away but it still prints it, how come??? Do you do your PDF and then print it and then clean it off your machine??? Now I wasted all that paper and ink and still don't have anything! cry2 Norma

The hurrier I go the behinder I get!
http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/suziq-41/
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:04 am

Norma, did you choose the "printer friendly" link? I did it this way and you will have to print out each Part separately. I am assuming you are talking about tobacco road.
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:07 am

Well, doh

Thanks, finisher, for sharing Old Tobacco Road. I can't believe that I forgot it - I'm a member of the Yahoo! group and I get emails about it
Every
Single
Day

(sheesh)

Louanne? If you're gonna do this one, you might want to start making tiny HSTs now. As I recall, very few people balked at 182 3" (finished) four-patches, but there were quite a few who were hyperventilating about making 388 1-1/2" (finished) HSTs for 96 pinwheel blocks.

It sure does end up as a gorgeous quilt, though. One person did it in Aunt Grace with white "bricks", someone else did it in brights... I think I like the darker, richer color theme that Bonnie originally picked, though.

(And no, I have no plans to make this one, but I have all the steps saved, just in case I have an out-of-brain experience)

Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:39 am

Louanne, it gave me a choice of HTML or PFD and I clicked on the first one. Alo is that a picture of the actual quilt ??? Norma

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:40 am

I wish I could be of more help Norma. Hopefully HummerLou's suggestion to look for the printer friendly link helped you? I saved it as a pdf file..you have to save each page if you do that. You click on the pdf link..go to the top left of your screen and click on file. A drop down box appears and you click on save as..and options should show up for you to place it in? I put mine in my quilt photos file so I can find it easy when I want it. If you do this be sure to load each page of info..I think there are 5? It's a shame it didn't print out for you right. That's a lot of wasted paper and ink! I hate when that happens. angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:43 am

Norma..on part 4 she has 2 different colorways done on EQ6..and her actual quilt. On part 5 she has the borders added. That's her actual final quilt.
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:00 am

Thanks Ann, I'll go check again, I want to print it out as I want to leave as much off my machine as possible. I can always ut it on a cd or dvd. I don't have EQ6 just the Blockbase, don't have enough room or speed. Thanks Norma

Back to top Go down
hummerlou

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:43 am

Norma, did it work?
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Gotta get some more blue ink now!!! Always something!!! Norma cry2

Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:59 am

Newest addition to the ajpadilla.com Xmas bom is up:

http://ajpadilla.com/patterns/bom/all-things-christmas/september-2008-pudding-and-star

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:56 am

Ok!!! Lou's Clue #2: Between Mountains lol!
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:02 pm

I have posted my Italy Doll for the month of Sept. in my webshot site.... click on my little house and it will take you there... I almost thought I wasn't going to get it done... I feel so far behind this month... :bounce:

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:45 am

Sindy-Fat Cat designs also has a new Bom that is very very nice. It is flowers in pots. you will see it with the other BOM she has #3 up.

I lived in Tobacco country when Iwas younger. My grandmother picked tobacco as a living when she was young... when there was decline in tobacco alot of the fields went to soy beans. the pics that quiltville has is beautiful! when you drive in certain parts of lower Ontario you will still see tobacco farms and their curing huts it is a great site to bad tobacco could not be used for other things cause the plants are amazing

Deb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:48 am

Golo..your little Italy doll is really cute!

I didn't know they grew tobacco in Canada..I thought it was a Southern thing? I learn something new every day! They are neat looking plants..and I have that dern tobacco road song rolling around in my head lately as I work on that quilt. LOL
Back to top Go down
jessie s

Number of posts : 1291
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:00 am

I live in southern ontario in County of Norfolk. When we moved here there were over 3000 tobacco farms, now there are less than 300. Both sons worked in tobacco and that is what put them through college and university. The kids could make good money in about 6 wks. But with the change in attitude of tobacco the kids in this area have trouble getting a job. But like everything things change. Now there are still tobacco kilns in the barn yards but the fields have corn and soy beans plus other vegetables. jessie s
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:24 am

Jessie my youngest DS worked on a hay farm. He loaded bales. He sure did get a nice build from tossing those bales!
I don't think tobacco was all that bad..but the cigarette manufacturers started adding things? I used to be a customer..hey I could have used the justification that I was helping kids earn their way thorough college! doh
Ah well..now I use the money I used to spend on smoking on fabric. It's better for my health?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:32 pm

ditto on that Finisher... thank goodness I quit.. fabric is better for ya.. but still I think I spend a little more on fab then I did on ciggies... LOL

hurray to all the exsmokers who picked up quilting and now are making BOM's and other quilts..

AnnieOakLeaf (finisher) wrote:
Jessie my youngest DS worked on a hay farm. He loaded bales. He sure did get a nice build from tossing those bales!
I don't think tobacco was all that bad..but the cigarette manufacturers started adding things? I used to be a customer..hey I could have used the justification that I was helping kids earn their way thorough college! doh
Ah well..now I use the money I used to spend on smoking on fabric. It's better for my health?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:38 pm

Oh well..we have to have some vices don't we? ;) Now we can say we are keeping the cotton growers, weavers, printers, shippers, and stores in business.It's a sacrifice somebody has to make! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Today at 7:37 am

Back to top Go down

BOM
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Quilter's Last Resort :: Interactive (Swaps, Challenges, Etc.) :: Quilt Along, Challenges, and BOM-
Jump to: