The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

BOM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:32 pm

I have just downloaded the Regina Grewe patterns for her BOM of wild flowers. They are absolutely super (said in best English accent!!) I cant wait to start doing them. Thank you to who ever found that site. I have bookmarked it and know it will be one of my favs!!

Polly xx
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

Number of posts : 12603
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:11 pm

Well, this is strange, if I print it the plain way it is off to the side ( some of it ) and some of it is OK, but if I do PDF and print it uses less paper and prints fine. I finally got it all done and have it on CD too. Norma

The hurrier I go the behinder I get!
http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/suziq-41/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:40 pm

Just a reminder...it's the beginning of a new month for anyone doing..or downloading any of the BOMs.
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:58 pm

Sorry hummerlou, I forgot to come back on here, I'm getting so confused trying to keep up with all these times these patterns are to be printed off. I did get the pattern all copied off for Tobacco Road, thanks for checking, now if I can just remember the 20th on the Christmas wall hanging each month!!! Seems like there was another one too, but darned if I can remember what it was right now. I need to leave me a note by the computer when I start one until it's done and the date it' to be copied. Don being sick has kind of messed me up!!. Thanks again. lovehearts Norma

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:28 pm

I do apologise if this link is already here, I have looked but couldn't find it. But for those of you who don't mind a bit of hand sewing I found this lovely free BOM. Its one of Lynette Anderson's designs of Noah's Ark. I think its really sweet. I must however sit on my hands until I have made a chip in my huge pile of U.F.O's

here. <--click

Polly x

my son put link on.......hope it works!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:23 pm

Those little blocks are darling! They sure are small..it wouldn't take too long to stitch them up? Of course I had to go and snoop through the the blogs she had posted on her site too. ;)
Stitcheries must be much more common in other countries? I just fell in love with the Angel Story quilt a lot of the gals are making! lovehearts Thanks for posting this Polly!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19917

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:47 pm

Lynette used to have a beautiful quilt store in queensland where I used to live, she is a character. I have met her in person and she used to sell my stitchery/embroidery designs in her shop, one year she invited me to design an exclusive stitchery for a 'stitchery of the month' program she was doing, that was pretty cool. She's english too Polly

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:55 pm

She sure has some cute things! I love her "Friends for Christmas" pattern..and the reindeer table runner...oh phooey! There's too many! LOL

What a nice honor to be asked Gimpy..but then I've seen your designs and you have a great sense of design.

I wonder why the stitcheries aren't as popular here in the States? There sure are some cute ones!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:35 pm

Do you think # 12 is going to be the ark?? I wonder what the long skinny one on the bottom is going to be.. I have been collecting these and have the fabric and embroderie floss.. it is sitting by my chair to start like everything though it is another UFO in my head..

Polly wrote:
I do apologise if this link is already here, I have looked but couldn't find it. But for those of you who don't mind a bit of hand sewing I found this lovely free BOM. Its one of Lynette Anderson's designs of Noah's Ark. I think its really sweet. I must however sit on my hands until I have made a chip in my huge pile of U.F.O's

here. <--click

Polly x

my son put link on.......hope it works!!!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:37 pm

I dont know AnnieOakLeaf, they just keep on being popular here, used in quilts and wallhangings, huge here. I used to sell my designs to a store in Montana but that was a few years ago, perhaps it just hasnt caught on as much, I guess whats popular is whats 'sold' to the public isnt it? They can sell anything if they choose to promote it

Admin

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Betweens are you doing it in one colour or many colours of thread?

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:53 am

Helen.........I didn't know she was English, I thought she was Australian. But I am intrigued now and would love to see some of your designs. I have a few Australian Magazines and there is lots of hand-stitching in them. And all so pretty. These magazines I never get rid of.

Annie.........Redwork is really big here, but I prefer a little bit of colour. I am really surprised this type of work is not big in the US. They really are so sweet.

Deb......... I was wondering too if there would be an Ark. Also I am actually going to have to go and buy some fabric for the log cabin, I don't think my dyed fabrics will suit this project!

Polly x
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:28 pm

I have done the Oct. Old World Doll... she has been posted to my webshots album....

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:40 pm

The redwork was popular here a few years ago then sort of fizzled out. I dunno if people don't like the hand work..or why it's not done very much? There sure is some cute stuff out there!

Another cutie! lovehearts How are you doing their faces Golo?
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:15 pm

Just applique and machine stitching... Reading about the redwork just reminded me that I worked on one during the year and I should put it together... it's a winter one with snowmen.. I think I have to go dig it out...

Golo

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:43 pm

It sounds cute Golo..you'll have to dig that one out. You could have it together by the time the snow flies?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:25 pm

polly your hand dyes would work wonderful especially if you are doing all the colors.. I am doing all the colors..It is only small strips and if you look at what the others are doing (she has them listed to view) you will see they are all different.

Golo I can't believe you have a UFO!! astonishing..I thought you would have all projects done.. get that baby out! first of all I can't wait to see it...second I know that hand work is not your forte' and would love to see how you managed it.. maybe that is why it is a UFO..

Gimpy she looks like a character and loads of fun.. I read her blog almost everyday.. went through her "founded kitty stage" she has the most adorable pics of her animals and her patterns derive through them...especially her golden..

I had a hard time at first cause these patterns are small and I am only used to doing a back stitch (hence the redwork) I find the stitches are different and you have to get used to it.. it is a nice little challenge and enjoyable when your arm gets tired of rotary cutting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:49 am

Just a little reminder...it's the 20th. Another block should be posted today for the Christmas quilt. gift2
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:06 am

I've got my fabric fused, the backings ironed and estimated and I'm waiting and ready!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:34 am

Just a reminder for anyone doing the BOMs from Fat Cat. There are new blocks posted!

I'm not sure when Lynette Anderson's next Noah's Ark will be released. If anybody sees it before I do..will you please post it?
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:42 pm

AOL, I can't keep up with all the addresses, would you please post it again, I need to write thes down!!! Thanks. Norma

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:56 pm

Sure Norma..here you go..
http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/pinwheel_sampler.htm
http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/bearspaw_sampler.htm

http://lynetteandersondesigns.typepad.com/lynette_anderson_designs/noahs-ark-.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:09 pm

Here's another
http://www.patchworktimes.com/star-bom/
and another
http://www.reginagrewe.de/00main/05gratismuster.html
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:35 pm

I have added this months Old World Doll to my BOM at webshots... She is a cutie... "Spain"

Golo

Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:43 pm

Thanks AOL, have been swamped all day, haven't been on. Norma

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Today at 7:53 pm

Back to top Go down

BOM
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Quilter's Last Resort :: Interactive (Swaps, Challenges, Etc.) :: Quilt Along, Challenges, and BOM-
Jump to: