The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

BOM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:46 pm

golo wrote:
nooooooooooooooooooooooo

lmao lmao lmao

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:04 am

Oh purdy!!!!
Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

Number of posts : 3327

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:30 pm

Thanks FiberBabble!!!! I think!!!! :affraid:
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3921
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:58 am

Nice, but not doing it now....may have to keep that one for later tho!!
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:12 pm

(This will be cross-posted at CTTQ, also)

It's the 15th! New updates! :yahoo:

Step 4 of the 9-patch Spool Sampler has been posted over at LynBrown.com

Step 3 of Foolish Goose Tracks (This is the one that Mr. W. has commented upon in a favorable tone. More than once. The stinker.) is up at
Burning the Midnight Oil

Guute's BA-ish applique block is postponed until tomorrow, the 16th because she's off having fun at a sew-in. Someone feel free to post what the "real" name of this project is. Embarassed

All 13 block and the sashing instructions have been posted for Judy Laquidara's Star BOM over at Patchwork Times. I believe she said that there will also be multiple borders. :mockery-017:

Believe it or not, I don't follow every single one of the BOM's and mysteries that are available out there on the innernet, so if there are other mid-month updates that I haven't listed, please chime in. Heaven forbid that we miss one! :angelic:

Now I'm going to go and look to see if the updates from the 1st were posted...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Guute's is called "A Flower in my Heart". It should have gone up today and didn't so thanks for posting about that one. I wondered what was going on.
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:48 pm

I am saving that one, Anne... thought they would look nice on the front of bags.... or pillowcases.... love her designs...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:05 am

FB.... if it wasn't for you posting links and telling us when the new 'clue' or pattern is up.... I would be totally lost.

THANK YOU!!

hug08

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:33 am

I just realized that blocks 3 & 4 are up at lynn browns for the red and green four block quilt
the links are set up funny and they are kind of hard to find.
use this link:

http://lynbrown.com/?cat=150

does anyone know if the border set is up and i'm not seeing it??
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:57 am

CC, putting it together, sashing, borders and border applique is here:
http://lynbrown.com/?p=592#more-592

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:17 pm

I just looked at Guute's site. The block that's posted couldn't be part of A Flower in my Heart could it? scratch
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:38 pm

Hmmm. Yes, it looks like it definitely IS part of the BOM. Curiouser and curiouser... this leads me to believe (because of my need for a sense of order) that there will be at least 3 more that are similar...

Hmmmm... scratch

Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:06 pm

On the first of the month (or at least in the first half of the month...) here are some BOM's that I follow. As with the other listing - if you know of/follow others, be sure to share them here!

Sindy's BOMs - Baltimore Bliss, Birdhouses, Pinwheel Sampler, Bear's Paw Samplers and more are all updated on the 1st at FatCat Patterns.

Nancy Rink Designs' Building Blocks is on its 9th block - it started in July '08 (and all of the parts are still posted :yahoo: ). There are 12 blocks in total.

Block 3 of Village Garden is posted at Quilt Village. I just love the finished look here (but I haven't actually made a block yet!).

The Gourmet Quilter has JUST started a mystery called Star Struck. I think only the requirements are listed so far, so it's a good time to get in on something new!

The paper-pieced Geese in the Forest BOM is in its second month over at the Twiddletails blog. This one goes through July - the first block has already been taken down (the second block has been posted). The yardage requirements are
"Estimated Yardage Requirements: 2 yards each of 3 green fabrics (or a total of 6 yards), 6 yards white, 1/2 yard red
(Please note that these fabric requirements assume the use of foundation piecing with relatively minimal fabric wastage to complete the blocks.)" OR you can make it scrappy!!

The Quilt and Needle had a weekend mystery at the beginning of March. All parts of Friend and Fellows are still posted. Don't know how long they'll stay posted, so grab while you can!

I'm pretty sure that I don't actually have to remind anyone who's playing along that the Bunny Hill A Tisket, A Tasket BOM posts on the 5th of the month!

It seems like I've posted this somewhere, but I can't remember where - Quilt Patterns from Seattle finished the String Flowers Mystery last weekend. All steps are posted until Sept. 1; there are TWO sizes - the baby quilt mystery (same pattern, smaller) is here. (Sorry - I know that this is a duplicate. CRS...) doh

Animas Quilts is publishing a Placemat of the Month. All months this year are still posted - April's is TOO cute! :char-129:

Beth Ferrier over at Applewood Farms is at it again with her Now and Forever BOM. New blocks are posted on the 14th of each month. Month 1 is already bye-bye, but the requirements, calendar and Month 2 are posted.

The Bedazzled Mystery is in full swing over at Claudia's Quilt Shoppe. Looks like 5 of the 8 episodes (clues) are posted. It seems that this might be a medallion or round-robin kinda project. (did that make sense?)

All 18 of Pam Bono's Rectrangle Blocks (yes, that's rectRangle - a rectangle/triangle shape) blocks have been posted. I'm not sure if there are sashings or multiple borders yet to come... it's kinda weird. Somewhere along the way you have to 'register' for the freebies (there are more than just the Rectrangle project) but each time you go to check for new blocks, you get the page that says "You Must Register to Access Free Downloads
In order to access Free Downloads you need to register. Please fill out the short form below and click submit. " I think it's weird at least... but it seems to be pretty harmless. I think I've only gotten one or two newsletters from the site in the 18+ months I've been 'registered'.

My Quilt Genie (the enabler with the Split 9 and the Interlocking Pinwheel quilts) has two steps of a mystery posted. I don't see how many steps there are to be or what the name is, but it looks like you have a choice of making the mystery in more than one size, using templates OR paper foundation piecing, cutting yardage OR going scrappy. Sheesh. What's not to like? (The solution to the mystery MIGHT be on this page... but I'm no !)

Back to top Go down
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:50 am

Well.... I just spent quite a while downloading lots of wonderful patterns from those links you supplied.... thank you for being the 'watch dog' on these BOM's and Mystery clues...so we don't miss any :love-130:

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:01 am

Thank you Tracy! bowing clap
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:04 am

This, my friends is why it's so unusual for me to PURCHASE quilt patterns. I have a whole folder (at last count over 400) of freebies - NON-BOMs/Mysteries - that I've downloaded. Yeah. Like in my lifetime... :hammer:

Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

Number of posts : 3327

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:45 am

Well I was suppose to be quilting some customer quilts but instead I just spent an hour
downloading more of Tracy's wonderful finds.
Thanks Tracy! :affraid: doh Thud bad girl

I find it hard to buy patterns also when there are so many free ones!
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:52 am

FiberBabble wrote:
CC, putting it together, sashing, borders and border applique is here:
http://lynbrown.com/?p=592#more-592

Thanks for the link...I now have all four blocks the borders and the applique border I want to do this...I think I need to start sewing instead of sleeping...I look at Annies moniker often....just so many quilts in my head!
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

Number of posts : 1956

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:17 pm

Thank-you Tracy - I THINK!!!!!!!! Thud

1 hour later: Thank- you Tracy - yes, yes, yes. Found several I haven't been keeping up with. You are great! hug08
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:56 am

FiberBabble wrote:
My Quilt Genie (the enabler with the Split 9 and the Interlocking Pinwheel quilts) has two steps of a mystery posted. I don't see how many steps there are to be or what the name is, but it looks like you have a choice of making the mystery in more than one size, using templates OR paper foundation piecing, cutting yardage OR going scrappy. Sheesh. What's not to like? (The solution to the mystery MIGHT be on this page... but I'm no !)
Soooooo, today this "mystery" is solved. I was right, it turned out to be this one:
(Click to go to pattern)

I was just kinda following along, not saving anything (it's harder to save from web posts than if there are separate pdf's, you know) but the more I look at this the more it's tickling at my brain. scratch

Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:17 am

It's getting to be time to pay attention again!!

FiberBabble wrote:

Sindy's BOMs - Baltimore Bliss, Birdhouses, Pinwheel Sampler, Bear's Paw Samplers and more are all updated on the 1st at FatCat Patterns.

Nancy Rink Designs' Building Blocks is on its 9th block - it started in July '08 (and all of the parts are still posted :yahoo: ). There are 12 blocks in total. April's block is not posted yet.

Block 3 of Village Garden is posted at Quilt Village. I just love the finished look here (but I haven't actually made a block yet!). April's block is not posted yet.

The Gourmet Quilter has a mystery called Star Struck. I think only the requirements are listed so far, so it's a good time to get in on something new! Part 2 is available now.

The paper-pieced Geese in the Forest BOM is in its second month over at the Twiddletails blog. This one goes through July - the first block has already been taken down (the second block has been posted). The yardage requirements are
"Estimated Yardage Requirements: 2 yards each of 3 green fabrics (or a total of 6 yards), 6 yards white, 1/2 yard red
(Please note that these fabric requirements assume the use of foundation piecing with relatively minimal fabric wastage to complete the blocks.)" OR you can make it scrappy!!

The Quilt and Needle had a weekend mystery at the beginning of March. All parts of Friend and Fellows are still posted. Don't know how long they'll stay posted, so grab while you can!

I'm pretty sure that I don't actually have to remind anyone who's playing along that the Bunny Hill A Tisket, A Tasket BOM posts on the 5th of the month!

Quilt Patterns from Seattle published two complete patterns last month: Coffee From Seattle and The Melissa Erickson Quilt. Nice stuff!

Animas Quilts is publishing a Placemat of the Month.

Beth Ferrier over at Applewood Farms is at it again with her Now and Forever BOM. New blocks are posted on the 14th of each month.

The Bedazzled Mystery is in full swing over at Claudia's Quilt Shoppe.

All 18 of Pam Bono's Rectrangle Blocks (yes, that's rectRangle - a rectangle/triangle shape) blocks have been posted. Finishing info has been posted.

My Quilt Genie is finishing up the Garden Quilt project.

Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:18 am

Esther Aliu's Red Delicious block 8 has been published.

Applewood Farms June block, Ruby, is posted.

All of the ones that I normally follow :) were posted when they shoulda been between the 1st and now... I wonder where I went in May? Lost Weekend? More like lost MONTH!

Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:54 am

Guute's "A Flower in My Heart" BOM block #6 has been posted!
http://quilthoekje.blogspot.com/2009/06/gestrand-met-blok-6.html

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:21 am

FiberBabble you are the best could never have to many patterns.. I will be checking these out and downloading when I get home..
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19915

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:06 pm

Thanks Tracey, your help reminding us all is wonderful, thanks so much

PostSubject: Re: BOM   Today at 9:44 pm

Back to top Go down

BOM
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Quilter's Last Resort :: Interactive (Swaps, Challenges, Etc.) :: Quilt Along, Challenges, and BOM-
Jump to: