The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Christmas in July

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
redwork

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:30 pm

I am in sounds good and easy. snowblow :tangle:
[b]Redwork
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20315
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:25 am

golo wrote:
I have been looking at xmas fabric all evening... is there ever some nice stuff out there... Gimpy are you in???

Sure, why not Very Happy I will do it with Laura, she can help choose fabrics and help fuse blocks, she loves snow globes so I know she will be keen to be involved :-)

Stella reminded me, laura and I would like siggys and full state/country too please, we want to always know where our snow globes came from :-)

Last edited by Gimpy Cat on Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
redmadder

Number of posts : 3403
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:29 am

I didn't want to be pushy but would love to have full state/country too. It will be a smile everytime I look at it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:08 am

wow 11 signups already awesome.. remember March 31st is the deadline and this pattern is just too adorable...I don't know why I didn't think of it!! it only makes sense to have snowglobes...don't forget to think of your pedistals...

You know you can make all of your globes the from the same fabric cause they are all going to different people...there is no stress in these little globes.. i know i some of that cardinal fabric too.. that would looks super just for the boarder.. is anyone thinkin' how they are going to lay them out!!
Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

Number of posts : 3396

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:44 am

I'm in!
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3935

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:07 am

I want in on this one too!!!! Love the idea, I have actually seen one made up in Houston. It is beautiful!! (with siggies)
Back to top Go down
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:06 pm

Hey! that is an excellent idea....siggies with state/country YES, I would like that too
When is the deadline to get this blocks sent? chatting

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:11 pm

July 31st is end date for sending...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:42 pm

I want siggies on this one too. Name, City, State, Country.
Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

Number of posts : 3396

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Oh! I want siggie too!
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:33 pm

Would anyone like the idea of siggies along the curve of the globe?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:37 am

Oh Hummerlou..did you get a picture of it?? was it a swap that someone else did as well?? please tell us more about it...give us details... Very Happy
hummerlou wrote:
I want in on this one too!!!! Love the idea, I have actually seen one made up in Houston. It is beautiful!! (with siggies)

I am so excited. I have a "Santa's elf" helping me with this swap and I really do appreciate it.. it is Golo...she has seen me run swaps before and knows that I need help.. see how wonderful everyone is one this site? if you have an idea for a swap there is always someone there to help you out, it is always a joint effort...Hugs to you Golo!!

I am going to put a little plug in here I am not sure if you all read the headline for our Asian swap and not sure if you looked at the pattern.. don't get intimitated.. remember it is a no sew as well and some of the swappers are giving them away as gifts to others that like the Asian theme so it would be a great way to get an Asian quilt made for a friend or loved one.. but I am being selfish and want it for me..LOL just click on the "Join" word to take a look they are not due till July..so loads of time another project you can do with your family...Golo has some made and posted a picture and believe me they are gorgeous

Same with these cute Snowballs... I am so Glad that Laura is going to participate this would be the perfect project for her.. Golo what about your granddaughter?... these little gems would be a great project for those that have children to help make..they will lovingly cut out the patterns for you...this could be a group project...

As for the signage of the blocks do we want them in a specific area?? I will set a poll I think one for mailing individually or not and one for where the siggie should be...

thanks to all those that have signed up already and for those that will visit our Orient of the East swap and decide if they would like to get involved with that one too..
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:18 am

Great post Deb, who said you arent organised?? LOL. Vote is a great idea, I chose siggies under pedestal (had to think hard to choose but I couldnt ask laura as she is in bed) and I chose posting to the hostess, its so much easier for me to send to one person than to goodness knows how many from here. Laura is excited about it, she talked about it while hiking today. Good plug for the asian swap too, I will add this one to the banner tommorow so everyone knows. Sign up march 31st right?

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:26 am

Yepper Mar 31st.. I hope everyone doesn't have all their Christmas fabric put away...

thanks... I had to laugh at my Poll anyone want to write their name over the "GLOB" not globe.. never do things in the middle of the night...LOL...it is a "GLOBE" friends please don't make a "GLOB" I think I will have my tea and get a little shut eye...
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:56 am

Deb, your a great hostess and I don't mind helping at all... I think I will pull out my xmas fabrics today and see what I have... getting anxious to do this... placard

Golo

Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3935

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:49 am

Hey Deb, nope, didn't get a picture of the quilt, but wish I had. It was really cute!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:33 pm

I went to Cock a Doodle Quilts today (one of many quilt stores in our area) and got Soft to Fuse boy this stuff is really really nice. DH and I are going to watch a movie and I am doing my asian cutouts and my snow globes..(globs) so I won't be long getting these done.. and my perty asian kids. then I can go downstairs play with my fabric and get the blocks all done...

Golo... I know you will have them all done today...I am going to get some done so that I can post pictures too.. some of the Asian and some of the globes that should really lure some quilters in...

Anyone looking for information about this swap will find it all here.. I have deleted the post in CTTQ, if you know someone that would be interested direct them to this link...
Back to top Go down
shemoocows

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:59 pm

hi all
count me in please if im not too late
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:28 am

Who makes the soft to fuse Deb?
Back to top Go down
jennQT

Number of posts : 217

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:53 am

Ok I voted! Siggies under pedestral and to mail to hostess. It would cost me a small fortune if I had to mail individually to all the swapees.

Hmm.....I'd better check my xmas fabric stash...it's pretty small stash so I may have to stock up!
Jenn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:37 am

you rock Sheemow!! Look's like Santa's elf has you in there!! is it siggies or no siggies for you??

Love the list growing and growing.. it is like the naughty and nice list but we have no naughties here do we??? LOL

We are all sweet sweet angels :tumble: thanks so much for those that have entered their name!! awesome.. so Glad Laura has her's in there too.. this is perfect for kids her age...

Please check back from time to time on the front page to the first post for what is required.. the pattern says to cut background to 8 1/2 inches I would rather you did 9 inches so the blocks can be squared up...

I can't wait to get all the blocks and divide them up they are going to be awesome I think I will have to put them all on the design wall first and take a picture..

I already let my DH know that we will probably be getting lots of packages in the mail in July..LOL..

shemoocows wrote:
hi all
count me in please if im not too late
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:58 am

Dont forget JennQt asked for siggies under the globe on hers, just so can update the list ;-)

Number of posts : 5099

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:46 am

Siggies under pedastool is fine with me and mailing to the hostess is fine with me as well. Going to talk to Gwennie about her daughter joining in as well. i know she'll love it. She loves anything that has to do with sewing anyway!

Marian in Ohio

placard
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:20 am

LQS mailed out $25 gift cards and a note saying if you use it by March 28, you get an additional 20% off fabrics.

Bet there's some Christmas fabric in clearance that would work great with this pattern.
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:30 am

Lucky you Luvs.....

Golo

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Today at 1:23 pm

Back to top Go down