The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

Christmas in July

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
breezepines2002

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:38 am

yeah inquiring minds want to know, this was christmas in july not oct.. just kidding you,, I'm just sooooooo anixious....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:39 am

Well ladies I see you still have your sense of humor and it is greatly appreciated.. I have had alot of life changes and it has really gotten in the way of my quilting..

I had all the blocks sorted and in the envelopes at the beginning of Sept..but had to recount again cause some of them did not have enough in them for everyone..so I had to have time to recount and make sure that everyone got enough..that is where I ran out of time. I didn`t want to do them in a rush and make an even bigger mess sooooo....

They are going to be sent out this weekend it has been my first opportunity to get anywhere near my quilting you will even notice that my blog has even stopped due to NO TIME..

Working days has really taking on an adjustment of time.. so thanks again for your ever lasting patience.. they are being sent out on Monday..today I am making sure all is right and everyone gets blocks...

they are all fantastic and you all did wonderful on them I can see why you are getting anxious. I thank you all for joining in
Back to top Go down
Marian

Number of posts : 5111

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:45 pm

Thanks for the update! I know how sometime life gets hectic and time can get away from you, don't worry, it happens to all of us! Looking forward to all the gorgeous blocks and a package in my mailbox! Hope you got the hostess gift we sent as well. Thanks so much for hosting the swap, I know it's alot of work to sort and get everything together for everyone. Your hard work is appreciated!

Marian in Ohio
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:26 pm

No hurry on my part. In fact you can wait until next July.
Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:06 am

we were joking with you ,,really no hurry it can be mind boggling sometimes. and we all have lives ,,hang in there
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:50 am

This would be a hard one to sort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:33 pm

when I did a swap, I opened one bag, layed them all out, then opened the next and layed them on top, skiping the one who sent them. But it does get confusing as to ok, whose were these and where is her pile.
I put the envelopes they came in under them. Helped me out.

I have so many projects, I am not in a hurry.
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:54 pm

glad to hear from you Betweens... are you liking the day job???

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:17 am

I like working the days but right now I walked into a snake pit..but that will get straightened out.. with a little hard work and to get to know the ropes I am learning lots as I make mistakes cause I have no one to train me the person that was to train me walked out.. so it is systems learning, bookings and clinic procedures.. only 60vm in the am then the calls during the day plus to get 75 charts ready for the next day.... a little tought but I have spine I will manage it is just great to be on days and I tell myself that everyday..LOL

I am waiting for Polkso to send me her address I sent a pm so that I can send hers off... it was not on her envelope...
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:28 am

Day job sounds like it's challenging, but once you get used to it, you will love the days.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20333

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:16 pm

If anyone is capable of getting their feet under them and sorting it out, its you Betweens. Good luck with it, you have my respect learning everything new, swapping time zones work wise and keeping the place running clap

PostSubject: blocks are in the mail   Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:39 am

okay ladies start checking your mailboxes I have them all in the mail.. or errr I should say my DH got them in the mail for me today...

Honestly my intentions were to get them out they have been ready by my pc for over 2 weeks in a bag to bring to the mail box..I decided that I wasn't going to stay after work tonight and get my home stuff done instead so please thank DH when he saw me take the bag upstairs and asked what I was doing and offered to send them for me!!

thanks for all your patience it is so greatly appreciated I hope you get them done for the holidays and thanks again..
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:38 am

Can hardly wait, Deb... Thank you so much for hosting this swap.....

Golo

Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6324

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:11 pm

Should be fun to see what we get! Thanks so much, Deb!
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:34 pm

I'll put them in the pile next to the Asian doll swap blocks. teehee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:16 pm

I now how ya feel Luvs.. I won`t be getting into any swaps for a while so that I can finish the swap blocks that I have already received plus I have a wonderful Row by Row swap I did with some of the members of this group I want to finish...I went visiting in Golo`s Webshots and had a reminder of all the items I need to get done..

can there not be 32 hours in a day sleep 8 and have work for 8 and play for 8.. I don`t care if the week longer.. we need it...

your patience has been most appreciated I am humbled by you all understanding about life happenings....I detest being late...

Deb
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:04 pm

It is always so much fun to see the swap quilts completed... I think the only one I have to get going on is the blue and creams... the Asian one is at the quilters..... and I have a really good idea for the snow globes... excited to get it..... Between, that Row Robin quilt is my all time favorite....

Golo

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20333

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Being the recipient of one of the row robin quilts as a gift I have to say its a favourite of mine too. Perhaps next year we could do a row by row quilt along, would save the postage costs, perhaps we could arrange to swap blocks with one or two people to include in our rows? Just an idea, it would be a quilt along and mini swap combined as you would only swap with a couple of people not everyone who is doing it - any thoughts? I just typed it as it unravelled in my head.

Betweens dont fuss for a moment about being late or anything like it, life happens and no one minds in the least. You have always been a very prompt and organised lady, dont waste a moment of precious time fussing over snow globes, besides, most people wouldnt have had time to touch them in summer so I bet gettng them in fall is way better timing!

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:14 pm

What I am thinking for next year is maybe we each (whomever signs up) person make a row of blocks and then send it to the recipients to make into a quilt...that way at the end you would receive rows of blocks and the challenge would be putting them together as a row by row...the only thing they would have to go by is the `theme the maker posts for their row` I think that would really be a hoot...

Deb
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:32 pm

Betweens, I still have the blocks from the block swap we did for the old QT forum. They are keeping real nicely in the bin. They are resting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Oh now I feel good.. I have those put together in a quilt!! almost had it quilted but my mom picked another mystery quilt that i had done to quilt with her lady friends instead...get them out girl in the new year and lets see what you come up with.. they were really great blocks and all the size that was requested easy to put together... even now would be great since it was a fall theme...can you believe how long agon that was.. I think that is almost 5 years!! OMG where is the time going....
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:36 pm

That's the first swap I did. I had just started quilting. I was thinking of doing stars or square in a square for the cornerstones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:32 am

I didn`t realize you were just beginning then wow!! you did a superb job then cause I used all my blocks alas that was the one swap I didn `t have everyone sign too bad I learned my lesson on that one...
Back to top Go down
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:02 am

:froggy: :froggy: :froggy:

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:08 am

yeah thanks deb for hosting this and thank you deb's dh for helping,, I can't wait to see what we get and to get it done.. I really liked this one,,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Today at 5:14 pm

Back to top Go down

Christmas in July
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next