The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

Christmas in July

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Linda 2B

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:53 pm

Golo,
I think your pedstals need to be over the globes. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:05 pm

Yikes !! thanks Lynda... all fixed...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:39 pm

LOL you are just a helpful crew aren't you?? Golo.. you liked your globes so much they rolled off the pedistals...LOL

If you look at snow globes they have the town where they came from or the song that they are playing the signatures will not take over the block and if everyone will splurge a little and get a pigma pen it will help with the nice fine signature... this way the signature does not wash off and it is acid free..
I am suggesting that you put your signatures on but still label your block on the back this way everyone knows who got their block from who...now (jokingly saying) we all know which ones would have been Golo's if it weren't for Luv's eye to detail..LOL

I love those globes and the pedistals are perfect for them to sit on...

Last edited by betweens on Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:21 pm

I couldn't believe I had done that... luckily I tried a new adhesive # 606 and it allowed me still to move them or I would have been doing 24 new blocks... I like this stuff it leaves the fabric soft.... doh

Golo

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:21 am

Maybe fusible companies are now thinking of the quilters and that softer textures are needed... I am working on my Asian blocks first then my snow globes.. I am on a roll for picking fabric for them...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:37 am

I have the best background fabric I found in my stash..it is a light beige fabric but it is reindeer and swirls of winter and Christmas trees lightly on it it is very cool...I was also looking at this other one but it is a little darker beige with evergreens everywhere and thought it might be a little to dark...

Suggestion do see if you can get fabric that has a slight design (beige off white) for the background this way if you set them like attic windows it will look like they are sitting on a shelf with a wallpaper in the background...try not to use just muslin...remember quilters cotton is essential as with all our swaps unless otherwise indicated...

I hope everyone is having fun picking out their fabrics that has signed up already..don't be afraid to post what you have selected for your globes or pedistals....I will as soon as I get my own computer back...

Is anyone else tempted?? are you enticed as yet.. these are wonderfully big enough that you can even start thinking of the quilting motifs to put inside the globes...if you you go to a LAQ imagine how much fun she will have customizing this wonderful Christmas treasure you will have ready for christmas as a gift or for your own display...I only have one other christmas quilt that I had done as a mystery so it would be nice if I can display another...LOL
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:57 am

I have some awesome Christmas fat quarters. I do need to find something good for the background though.
Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

Number of posts : 1839

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:37 am

wow this is becoming a circus lol.. siggies or no siggies,,globes on top of pedstals, pedstals on top of globes..your globes look great golo,,your always on the ball in getting them started,I'm going to wait till the end of the month to start mine,when we figure out where to sign them ,if we sign them, where to send them,I'm alittle confused right now,,but that's easy to do ,confuse me,just turn me around two times and I'm lost..but boy is this going to be fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Don't worry Breezy at the end of the month everything will be clear as spring mud..LOL

We will have it all in order and you are always allowed to ask questions..maybe someone else has the same question...

I have been working on my Asian blocks they are almost done and next will be the globes.. I must say the globe is the easiest part it is the pedistal fabric to pic!!

but I have a little time for that...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: 16 snowglobes done   Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:30 pm

I am happy to say that I have 16 snow globes done.. I think I had some "Golo Juice" I got these done and my Asian blocks.. just have to sign them.. if you want to see you will have to go to my blog...okee dokee??
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:42 pm

You did great... love both of your blocks... your fabric choices are wonderful...love you blog..

Golo

Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:46 am

Golo & Deb - your globes are awesome - this is going to be such a fun swap with all the different fabrics. So Deb, you're saying our BG doesn't need to be pure white but could be cream or beige on white to get the wintry feeling to stand out?
Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:00 am

as is golo your blocks look great and love your blog betweens did you do that quilt int he top right hand corner of the blog it's awesome now that's some work..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:53 am

Sure IBM... as long as it I am pretty sure I put on the front it could be off white/biege and could have a winter theme to it...I will double check that I emphasis that

It was so easy for me to do these blocks while watching a great movie...pick a good movie and they will be done in no time... I used Laurel Birch fabric for my globes..partridge in a pear tree and all that jazz..

iambuzzysma wrote:
Golo & Deb - your globes are awesome - this is going to be such a fun swap with all the different fabrics. So Deb, you're saying our BG doesn't need to be pure white but could be cream or beige on white to get the wintry feeling to stand out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:55 am

LOL Breezy Darlin' that is in process right now I am making it.. that is the link to where to buy the pattern if you want.. it is in Australia...those Aussie's are just so talented...I can't keep up with their fabulous work... thanks for the lovely comments about my blog..it is a great diary for your quilting.. since i detest writing but love to type...

Hope you all are feeling the incentive vib now that you have seen some of the globes done and start cutting and fusing your fabric.. it only takes a couple of hours to get them done...

breezepines2002 wrote:
as is golo your blocks look great and love your blog betweens did you do that quilt int he top right hand corner of the blog it's awesome now that's some work..
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6324

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:06 pm

OK, how many do we have right now? I counted 17. I went to my LQS today and bought fabric I needed for BG and pedestals. I had the globe fabric from stash. It gooks to prettiful together! Now doing laundry. I got 2 yards of BG . I hope that is enough. Undesided anitas
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:20 pm

betweens wrote:
I know I know it is to early to be thinking this but I have just found the perfect swap pattern and we need to get it now before it is not posted anymore.. "Snow globes"

We are currently doing a swap with Asian girls were we are just fusing the patterns on...well why not with these snow globes and then the recipient can sew the colors the way they want.. as long as it is Christmas fabric...there are only 2 pieces plus your background (off white try to use winter background)

I will be the organizer for this swap if anyone is interested.. I would like the signup to end by March 31 but your blocks don't have to be done until July 31 since it will be Christmas in July..

So I know once you see the pattern it is only 2 pieces you won't be able to resist so I am hoping we get 30 swappers these are 8 1/2in blocks so this is very very simple, CUT BLOCKS 9 INCHES

Thanks to all those that love snow globes this is going to be an excellent quilt..

simple run down

100 percent quilters cotton, prewashed, Christmas themed globe and off white winter based if possible background. If you have not cut your back grounds already please cut to 9inches rather then the 8 1/2inches so that they can be squared up.

1. No Sewing
2. Light fusable web
3. Christmas themed globe
4. Winter (off white) background can have slight design as long as it is winter.
5. Sign in deadline March 31st
6. Deadline for mailing July 31st
7. Mailing will be decided by how many sign up whether to have as individual or send to me and I divide them...I will set a poll on the majority
8. Use pigma pen for signatures on blocks it is acid free and does not run..will wash well too.

I guess you want to veiw the link... okay get ready.. you are not going to want to resist this!!!!
http://hoffmanfabrics.com/content/content-folder.asp?FolderID=7

Golo -- siggies
Between-siggies with full state/country
Anita--siggies
Marion-- siggies
Iambuzzyma -- siggies
Luvsquilting --- NO Siggies
JennQT -- siggies
Redmadder--siggies
Gwennie --siggies
Bethany -- siggies
Mamu -- siggies
Redwork---siggies
Gimpy/Laura --- siggies
Hummerlou --siggies
Linda2B --siggies
sheemoocow --siggies
Breeziepine -- NO SIGGIES

I am counting 17 signed up already how many more will enjoy these wonderful Snow globes if we have them swapped by the end of July you will have your quilt ready by Christmas. Half way to 30 snow globes.

Please read this posting by Golo on Etiquite of of Swaps if you have not done a swap or in need of reminding. It is a gentle reminder of how we conduct swaps...I found it useful even for me as a hostess...
http://comingtogethertoquilt.com/SMFforum/index.php?topic=545.0
Deb

Golo

Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:27 pm

I pulled it forward and want everyone to look at it and make sure everything is right... That everyone is accounted for and if the siggies ... no siggies are marked right....

Golo

Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6324

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:00 am

Looks good, golo!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:54 am

golo you are always so helpful thanks so much for bringing the page forward...don't forget anyone can check the 1st page it is always updated...

Now there is only 1 day left and that is it..sooooooooooooo if you are on the edge of the chimney and not sure if you want to come in or not where it is so warm and cozy then get going and put your name in.. it is a fun and easy swap...we will be glad to have beginners intermediate and advanced quilters for this fast and easy swap....

Hugs Deb
Back to top Go down
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:37 pm

I would also like to have everyone put their state/country with sigs... so many times I look at the blocks I get in these swaps and can't remember what state they came from, so it would be really nice if everyone could do that for me too. Very Happy

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:50 am

Last Day kids anyone wanting to join the christmas party in July has today to sign up!! com'on and join the seasonal celebrations!! you can see that these patterns are very easy to make and there is plenty of time to get them done..
no sewing at all until you get your own blocks...

less than 24 hours!!
Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:47 am

ok.it's over now and there is 17 of us oh what fun this will be ok, I got how to make them.. now the question enquireing minds want to know issssssss do we mail them to golo? i think that's what I understood and where to we sign them? under the pedistal or over the glove don't want to goof this up..
Back to top Go down
quiltmom9 AQM9

Number of posts : 3497

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:27 am

Wow.....good luck everyone!!!! Thumbup

Living in the beautiful Sierra Nevada of Northern California

http://community.webshots.com/user/abertquiltmom9
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Mail to Debra (Betweens) this is her swap....

sign under the pedestal.... Total 17 ... keep one and send 16

Golo

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in July   Today at 3:48 am

Back to top Go down

Christmas in July
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next