The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Movies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2252
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:37 pm

Soooo, in less than 5 1/2 hours "Twilight" will be released on DVD... is anyone planning to purchase it?

I certainly won't be standing around Wally World at 12:01 a.m. with a bunch of teeny boppers, but I would like to see it. If my daughter wants it when I'm done, I'll have Mr. W. buy it for me this weekend. Otherwise, I'll just wait for Netflix. Cheesy

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

Number of posts : 1956

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:12 pm

Saw it - won't buy it. It was OK (scenery was wonderful) but the book was much better. Bella was perfect but I thought they miscast Edward and Alice was not what I expected at all. Funny how you get these preconceived ideas when you read the book first. scratch
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:26 pm

iambuzzysma wrote:
It was OK (scenery was wonderful) but the book was much better.

Funny how you get these preconceived ideas when you read the book first. scratch

Heh. It was filmed in my neighborhood. Literally. The high school exteriors were of the h.s. in our itty bitty 1200-person town.

It's been so long since I read the book that I haven't held onto any notions of who looks like what... and I haven't read the rest of the series yet. I sure wish they'd put it in audio book format - I read probably 20 a-books to 1 print book. :angelic:

Back to top Go down
Jessica

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:43 am

Wow, they filmed it in our neighborhood?? Were you abel to see any of the filming? Or was anyone in our town used as extras?
Back to top Go down
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:09 am

FB.... keep checking with Amazon on the Audio series....I am sure it will be coming out soon OR... if you email them they could probably let you know if it will come out in audio

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

Number of posts : 1956

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:15 am

Tracy - that H.S. is really something to brag about. With the following that's grown up after these books I'm surprised you don't have an increase in tourism & teens stealing bricks off the building!! lol!

I "read" all 4 of the books on CD from my local library so they are available.
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:26 am

Jessica wrote:
Wow, they filmed it in your neighborhood?? Were you abel to see any of the filming? Or was anyone in our town used as extras?

I skipped the filming, but kids from the high school were extras. As I understand it, they're actually building a replica of the h.s. & parking lot up in British Columbia so that they can "keep" the school but be able to shoot when they want to (not close school, streets, etc.). Well, that and it's cheaper to film in Canada. :char-129:

Mr. W. says it was not a mob last night (Wally World stayed open until 2 a.m. for the DVD release), but there were a LOT of teens and tweens. I told him to wait until Monday to pick up "my" copy, and he said this morning that he's not sure if there will be any left on Monday (before restocking).

Go figure. :roll:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:47 am

LOL.. Mr.W must really love you if he was willing to wait in a crowd of teens and tweens..?
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:41 am

I just finished watching it... the teens will love it... I thought it was interesting not something I would stand in line for but worth a watch.... and you know there will be another one....

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Mamu

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:30 pm

I read the series and could hardly put them down. Not my usual reading material, but DD said it was good and insisted I read them...she had the whole set, so I took them and reluctantly started reading.... finished the total set in 4 days!!! Was disappointed when I finished the last one....wanted more....was very good, I thought. azn

Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:22 am

I listened to the first three.... and was on the wait list for the fourth but I HAD to read it as soon as the third was done. HAD to! LOL! So I went and bought it. LOL! Of course, now, my request came up. LOL! I have the fourth one ready to listen to next week at work. HEHEHE I went today to see about the movie... I was wondering if it was going to be on Blu-Ray. It is, but not for a little while. I decided that since I had waited this long to see that movie, I could wait a little longer and get the version that I want. But, it will be hard, knowing that it is out there...... calling me..... hehehe
Back to top Go down
Mamu

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:59 pm

Well, I watched the 'Twilight' movie yesterday. I was disappointed Undesided there was so much that was left out of the book. I didn't like the actors, except Jacob...I could see where he would be a good wolf. I did not like Bella or Edward actors. The other Cullin's were okay.
Of course they only did the first book for the movie. So, I am sure they will try and do another movie as a sequel, especially after the ending.
Had I paid high $ to see this at the theater, I would have been upset. Just my opinion. big sigh

Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:41 pm

PrincessKris wrote:
I listened to the first three....

Woot! Based on this, Kris, I checked one of my libraries online catalog and found that they do have the Twilight books on CD! :yahoo:

I've put a hold on book 2 - I might get caught up after all!!

Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:02 pm

LOL! I am glad you found them! The wait list for the fourth was very very long! I was 64th in line when I requested it from the library. But I have it now. YAY!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19926

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:07 pm

I watched American Gangster again last night, Denzel Washinton is so good at be despicable, we enjoyed it, hadnt watched it since it first came out, you always notice different stuff second time round

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:40 pm

I watched 3 movies this week.... Doubt pretty good acting on this one... The day the Earth Stood still... its a remake with modern technology... I liked it, but I like scifi... and the 3rd was A Night in Rodanth .. not sure I spelled that right... It was really good and you need a box of kleenix... its a chick flick..

Golo

Back to top Go down
Mamu

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:46 pm

My DD went to see the "watchers' and she said to not bother spending your money on it....was really, really bad...they almost walked out, just a waste of time...but they kept hoping it would get better...it didn't Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:40 pm

Laura is in pig heaven, daddy bought her Life of Birds with David Attenborough, its a 3 DVD series and she is a documentary junkie, she wants to be a naturalist like David is she reckons, she also wants to be a gardener like Peter (well known garden identity here), she loves watching these 3 gardening DVDs we have too. With her being full up with this cold the Bird series is wonderful, she is loving it

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:14 pm

I watched FireProof today.. very good movie on saving your marriage... Lots of young couple should watch this one...

Golo

Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:23 pm

iambuzzysma wrote:
Tracy - that H.S. is really something to brag about. With the following that's grown up after these books I'm surprised you don't have an increase in tourism & teens stealing bricks off the building!! lol!

Just last night the "big city" news ran a story about how there are 15-20 people visiting the High School every day - some from as far away as Germany. Of course, all the station did was show the stock footage from "Twilight" - heaven forbid they actually send someone to the town to talk to someone in person!!

I haven't noticed anything/anyone different in town - no obvious tourists with cameras hanging 'round their necks. :lol:

Of course, with the weather we're having that might not be so surprising. I wonder if the tourists will be 'as impressed' when it's not gloomy and all atmosphere-y in the summer... lol!

Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:21 am

Yeah, it is funny how fans of movies or books don't let the real world be real...i.e. the people tht didn't like JR in Dasllas wouldn't even be nice to Larry Hagman when they met him in person....
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6221
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:30 am

Watched Shooter with DS when he was home last weekend. Really good movie. Danny Glover was BAD!
Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:15 pm

Oh, I bet that was good...I'll need to rent it.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:10 am

I liked Shooter too, that the one with Mark Whalberg? We watched Mr Magoriums Magic Emporium with Dustin Hoffman.

Number of posts : 6221
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:50 am

Yes, gimp, Mark Wahlberg was in Shooter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Today at 7:38 pm

Back to top Go down

Movies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next