The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

Movies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:01 am

No..I'd never heard that! I wonder why they didn't tell about it in the movie? I'll have to do some Googling out of curiosity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:42 am

Well they never mentioned the in the film. Let us know what you find! Also I think the actor sounded quite like Johnny Cash.

I lost my dad when I was quite young and have only recently got in contact with a half brother who is giving me loads of information about my dad which is great. All I knew about Johnny Cash before I saw the film was he sung a song about 'a man called Sue' hehe!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:50 pm

I agree Polly. I think the actor that played him in the movie did a wonderful job!
I found Tommy Cash..but I have to say..I like Johny much better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgmJTC0Sbxc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOgp4fw_VTk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cru2ld06-A&feature=related
Here's one from when he was a lot older and near the end. It's a cover of a song by Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) My DS was shocked when he heard this version, because he's a fan of Trent's..It was weird for him to hear an "old guy" do the song but he said he liked it. I think it's really sad. It reminds me so much of my Dad. He was a huge Johny fan, and sadly died in an auto accident before I got the chance to see him get old.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSWTgLvxPYc&feature=related
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:01 am

I agree Ann.....that last video was really hard to watch. It was almost like he was waiting for the end! His brother does sound like him, maybe a bit too much and thats maybe why he could'nt make it big himself???

Last night I watched a program where one of our best loved actors/comedian/presenters Stephen Fry goes on a tour of the states http://www.stephenfry.com/blog/?p=58. Stephen Fry was in Blackadder with Hugh Laurie aka 'House' I watched it as he travels each week through a few different states. It was so interesting to see what each state is like and is famous for. I felt as if i should take notes so I could see where you are all from. I will have to wait until next week to see a few more states.
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:12 am

Hey Polly, if you see Ohio, let me know what it is famous for. I have no idea. doh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:49 pm

I sure will Kris........in fact I have ordered the book from Amazon. So I will know all there is to know lol! I have missed one episode......just hoping Ohio wasn't mentioned in that one.

Polly xxxx
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:20 am

LOL! Thanks Polly! It is silly of me not to know about my own (adopted) state. Oh well, I am silly! :afro:
Back to top Go down
LEM

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:22 am

PK - love the fro! haha.
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:35 am

azn I like that smiley!

Well, we bought Wall E for the kids.... ;) Yes, for the kids... hehe It is very cute! I recommend it to all kids and grandparents! Moms and dads, too! Thumbup
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:01 am

New movies coming out this week are Hanncock.... I enjoyed it...very different... Meet Dave... Eddie Murphy is in this one and he did a good job on it... another one I enjoyed.. He didn't use any foul language at all... Also watched Are We Done Yet... a movie about wrecking a house and rebuilding a HOME..... my GD picked that one out and it was a good comedy..

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:26 am

I went to the show last nite to see "Twilight." Yes, it is a movie for teens & yes it is about vampires but it is an awesome movie. These are good vampires & the love story is great (no sex & no swearing). It is done so creatively & the scenery of the Pacific northwest is fantastic. I'll be renting it when it comes out to watch it again.
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:40 am

I watched the new Narnia..... thought it was wandering alot in plot.... would be hard for kids to stay tuned in on... worth seeing only because it is the second in a series....

Golo

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20332

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:09 pm

twilight sounds good, will keep an eye for that one when its on rental

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:03 pm

The new Batman Dark Night is full of action... the guys will love it...

Golo

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20332

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:29 pm

I like Batman Begins most of all, is it as good as that one? What did you think of Heath Ledgers performance as the joker?

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:23 pm

He was great in that role... to bad he died... I haven't been following the BAtman series so not sure how to rate it.... its definetely full of action....

Golo

Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:06 pm

I really liked Batman Begins but have not seen Dark Knight.
Back to top Go down
quiltmom9 AQM9

Number of posts : 3497
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:25 pm

Forgot to mention that I went to see Australia on Thanksgiving Day....Great Movie.....Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman.....He was not hard to look at!!!!!

Living in the beautiful Sierra Nevada of Northern California

http://community.webshots.com/user/abertquiltmom9
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:34 pm

Watched Eagle Eye... very intriquing... I liked it... Tropic Jungle... stupid comedy...not my kind of humor... DH was going to watch StepBrother, but the first few minutes were so much swearing he turned it off... and Burn After Reading ... should have burned before watching... George Cloonie and Brad Pitt were in this movie and it was terrible... jumped so much didn't know what was going on... I think it is black comedy... anyway don't waste your money on it....

Golo

Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:04 pm

I told DD to pic out a movie and that we would take she and her DH to the movies for her Bday...today.
We went and saw Valkyrie with tom cruise. It was not what I would call a chick flick. Its a true story, I wished I had some background on what is supposed to be a true story.It was "good" i guess I was in the mood for light comedy which this is not
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:25 pm

I watched Secret Life of Bees today... it was sooooooo good... definetely my kind of movie... have a box of kleenix near by... I hope to watch Changeling tomorrow... will let you know about it...

Golo

Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9473

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:04 am

It's been soooooooooooooooo long since we or me went to a movie that I wouldn't know what one was if it came up and bit me in the butt!

I'd rather watch one on tv, and that's only if I can get the remote from my hubby!!

memaw4
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:47 pm

LOL! We went to the movies on Valentine's day... it was fun but boy was it expensive... we did not have drinks or popcorn or anything, just too much money!! :affraid: We saw Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. It was a good movie but it definitely made me realize why I would rather watch on my own TV... no rude people behind you who won't shut their traps!!!! angry GRRR!!! I think from now on, we are just going to wait for the DVD or Blu-Ray. It is cheaper... in the long run. I usually watch movies 2-3 times... because my kids usually interrupt me so I miss things. To see a movie in the theater that many times it would be over $30!!!!! :affraid: No thank you!
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:54 pm

I watched the Changeling with Angila Jolee... It started off a little slow but got really good. It is worth watching and as always her acting was superb. There is a startling twist in the movie.... This is on DVD....

Golo

Back to top Go down
Marian

Number of posts : 5106

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:27 am

DH absolutely refuses to go to the show any more because of the expense :affraid: ! Once every couple years I can talk him into it, even that is an effort. It is much nicer to watch it at home while your relaxing though, I can't argue with that! I love movies that make you cry2 !

Marian in Ohio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Today at 11:07 am

Back to top Go down

Movies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next