The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

Movies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:50 am

Going to a movie is a real treat around here. We do have a little 'Mom and Pop' theater... the older type with small seats and small screen....very vintage.... and they do try to run the newer movies that are out... they are only open on Friday and Sat nights for one show each night. They don't cost as much as some of the franchise theaters....but still expensive.
I usually wait to go to a movie when I visit my DD and DGKids then we can all go as a family. lovehearts

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:20 am

Our movie theater has been put in the historic socitey...and it looks it... ha ha My DH goes to a movie every once in a while because its a friend who owns it, but I don't like the loud noise...I perfer to watch a DVD at home where I can control the volume.....

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Marian

Number of posts : 5104
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:07 pm

Mamu, we have a theatre like that here as well and it is a little cheaper than going up ny the mall or someplace. I actually used to work there once upon a time and then my family could see any movie for free.

Marian in Ohio
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:11 am

I watched a cute movie last night on HBO. It was "Definitely, maybe". It's a Father telling his Daughter the story of how he met her Mother. DH cried at the end. He always cries when there's a happy ending. lmao
Back to top Go down
InsufferableBratt

Number of posts : 2654
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:12 pm

AOL, my brother practically has his own Blockbuster at his place and he recommended that movie to me last summer. It was definitely really good!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20322

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:41 pm

I watched Burn After Reading last night and I really enjoyed it but then Im a fan of Joel and Ethan Coen, apart from that havent watched a movie for a while but we did do something I have never before (nor bob) done in our loves and never ever believed we would - we bought a TV series :affraid: season one of Life with Damian Lewis, Id watched it from the start, bob hadnt but he got interested in it and its the only tv show he watches, about it for me nowdays too, anyway he had missed most of season one and we saw it for sale and well, we actually bought a tv show lmao have thoroughly enjoyed watching it too LOL

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:40 pm

I have boughten the four seasons of House... I have watched them over and over and over...I love that program .... I don't know Life ?? not seen it.. what type of program is it?

Golo

Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:32 pm

Gimpy -- We loved Burn After Reading. The Cohen Brothers are from our metro area. They are actually from the suburb that I work in. I heard that they started writing the movie when they were discussing Linda Tripp's hair. She is the person who tattled on Monica Lewinski after hearing of her encounter with President Clinton. Frances McDormand, the main female character is the wife of one of the brothers. Her hairstyle in the movie is the same as Linda Tripp's.

golo -- We just saw Changeling at home. Wonderful movie. I thought Angelina Jolie did a great job. My husband didn't think so, but come to find out he didn't like her because she looks like the mixed up Octuplet woman. He just said that though to get me goin' He likes to tease me.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Luvsquilting that Frances McDormand is a hoot, she was so funny in Raising Arizona and Fargo, did you see where they wrote the roles specifically for each actor, they brad pitt and george clooney to be bozos LOL The hair makes sense, they were talking about the dorky hair do theme on the extras.

Golo life is about the only intelligent quirky thing out there now, its got Damian Lewis from Band Of Brothers, the red haired englishman in it. Its about a cop who was framed and sent to jail for 12yrs, freed and back on the force trying to find why and who framed him for the murder of his best friend and his family.

http://www.nbc.com/Life/

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:33 pm

I watched Read Before Burning and I would have called it Burn before Watching... sorry gals I guess it just wasn't my kind of movie... I was surprised GC and BP would even have wasted their talent in that movie... I had a lot of dissatisfied customers who watched it and didn't like it...

Golo

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:59 pm

I remembered you saying you didnt like it, I think you really need to be a Coen brothers fan to like it, they have a very distinctive style

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:28 pm

Hey Helen! Is Janet around too?
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi there, yeah she sure is she is still posting at Miss Mommy! How are you?

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:40 pm

I am waiting....lol....wondering if you are going to put messenger up? I am doing well BTW....I am actually looking for jelly roll patterns...but this isn't the correct forum for that now is it?....lol
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:46 pm

well I bet someone here, like Fibrebabble has a link to them for sure LOL

Number of posts : 1970

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:59 am

LIFE is one of my favorite TV shows. I like them quirky too. The Mentalist is good too. As is Eleventh Hour & Fringe but they are more sci fi than the others.
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 pm

Gimpy, we love that show Life. Aren't they the funniest people?

I think you really do have to be a Coen brothers fan. I loved Fargo. Gimpy, I live in Minneapolis, where most of the movie takes place. Truly, we do have that accent. Not so much in the Twin Cities area, but drive 1 or 2 hours north of here and they talk just like that movie. In the movie when they are talking about the Twin Cities or The Cities, they are talking about Minneapolis and St. Paul, which are the larges cities in Minnesota and are right next to each other.

In Fargo, when the one girl says "He's a little guy, kinda funny lookin'." We just crack up.

Iambuzzy -- We like the Mentalist also. The lead actor in that is from Tasmania; Gimpy's neck of the woods.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Luvsquilting I think the only Coen brothers one that didnt do a lot for me was Ladykillers, we have No Country for Old Men and a couple of others of theirs, watched them all and most a few times, the girls in the bar crack us up too and William Macey is sooooooo good.
That show Life I love, bob says the chick in it Danni Reece scares him a bit though, he reckons she and I are cut from the same cloth and it cracks him up, neither of us say much but both say loads with the looks we get apparently, bob says he has seen those looks so many times LOL, sadly I dont have her figure anymore lmao

I havent watched the mentalist , the eleventh hour I dont think is on here yet, fringe dissapeared, it started and then just vanished.

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:39 pm

I watched beverly Hills Chihauhau today and it was hilarious... really family friendly... talking dogs... watch it with your kids/grkids.... It comes out tomorrow on DVD

Golo

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:42 pm

sounds like laura would like it, will keep an eye out at the pizza shop in town, teeny pizza area and they charge $25 a pizza and then one side of store has all clothes in it (they smell like pizza LOL) and then a small stand of movies - that is the town video store, aobut 100 titles LOL

Number of posts : 2275

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:35 pm

Gimpy Cat wrote:
the girls in the bar crack us up too and William Macey is sooooooo good.

I havent watched the mentalist , the eleventh hour I dont think is on here yet, fringe dissapeared, it started and then just vanished.

Yah, the little one, he was funny-lookin'... Fargo makes me snort milk outta my nose - Mr. W. is FROM that part of the world, so a lot of the characters sound like Aunt Barb and Cousin Ruth and the rest of the crew I run into at family reunions!

Sounds like we've got similar tv-viewing tastes, GC! You can catch up on Fringe at hulu.com (a recent find and a godsend for me!!) - there are 11 of 14 episodes posted.

In fact, I'd just sat down to catch last week's "Medium" on hulu and decided to check in here before tuning in. Cheesy

Both Mentalist and Eleventh Hour are CBS shows, and they only have clips posted, not full episodes.

I always miss the begining of Dollhouse, the new one by Joss Whedon, but fortunately they post the eppies on hulu the day after they're show on tv.

One of my current faves is Leverage, on TNT.

Okay, okay, I know this is a Movies thread, so I'll say something movie related.

Last night I watched Sweeney Todd (with Johnny Depp) (okay, not WITH Johnny Depp, but he was in the movie) (ooh, I bet that would be creepy). Where was I?

Oh! It was VERY good and VERY beautiful and VERY VERY bloody. I'm sure it's not for many (or maybe most) tastes, but there was humor and gory-ness and it was just a feast for the eyes.

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:53 pm

sweent todd was brilliant IMHO, it was a musical stage show put to celluloid and the cinematography artistically its a brilliantly done movie, I thought it was well done, not the average sunday afternoon movie for most but I appreciated it

Fargo makes me snort milk outta my nose Id like see that lmao

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:29 pm

It just dawned on me that this is really weird. We not only have quilting as a common bond, but we love some of the same movies.

By the way, next summer Johnny Depp and Christian Bale are in a movie about John Dillinger, the old gangster. My nephew was an extra in that movie. He was a bank teller. Had to wear an old fashioned costume and get his hair cut like in the 20's. I can't wait to see it and hope he doesn't end up on the cutting floor.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Hope your nephew makes it into the movie too, sounds like a good movie, I like Christian Bale, he looked good till he did that move The Machinist, that he lost that much weight to look like he did, he went too far in the name of art, he has never looked healthy since. Here is a link to how much weight he lost and what he looked like, if you think about it, you will suddenly realise he has had that hooded look of someone who suffered a chronic illness for some time now, the next movie he did after the machinist was batman begins and he really has that gaunt look in that

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3877345280/tt0361862

FibreBabble a lot of those darn links wont work for us here in australia, heavens forbid we download and watch an epsiode that hasnt aired here yet LOL

Think tonight I might put on Gross Point High and quilt while I watch it, always a favourite

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:42 pm

I love hulu.com... I have been able to catch up on tv shows I missed ... like Fringe... infact I think I missed it last week so better go check it out before it airs tomorrow night...

Golo

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Today at 3:12 am

Back to top Go down

Movies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next