The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Book I'm Reading

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
QBee - Mary Ann

Number of posts : 4205
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:50 am

Charal - I really liked Plain Truth - hope you do, too. The ending still haunts me a little - makes me question my own values of right and wrong. I'll be anxious to hear what you think. Nanaquilts - I read Bootlegger's Daughter, and now I'm hooked! I'll be reading all of the Debra Knott books.
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6216

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:18 am

I am reading Emilie Richards's Prospect Street. It is a real page turner! I recommend it!
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:39 pm

Well, now I have to figure out what to listen to next, at work. I love books on CD because I can listen to them while on the job, though only a few people know that it is not music I am listening to. Besides, I work faster and get more done when I am happy and listening to great books keeps me happy when I cannot be sewing. So, now, what to listen to. I have requested Brisinger when it comes out, but am 62nd in line. I think I will find Eregon and Eldest again. That should keep me content till the new one comes available. HMMMMM It is so cool to have about 8 hours of listening time that is only slightly interrupted. (Turns out to be approx. 6 hours. LOVE IT!!) I am the most well-read non-read person! I have listened to so many great books but have never actually read them, at least most of them. LOL! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:42 pm

AnnieOakLeaf (finisher) wrote:
I know this is shocking coming from me...pig trail! :affraid:

Charal...I just love your Avatar. I remember seeing that pattern somewhere and liking it. Is this one you've made? Cute! Smitten It would make a cute post card too. ;)

Thanks AnnieOakLeaf...... I did make it..... haven't tried making a post card yet, still on my to do list. Gimpy Cat was correct is it a Nancy Halvorsen design. It is from last year's christmas book, Star of Wonder.

QBee just got back into town.....going tomorrow to pick up the book, can't wait to start.
Back to top Go down
quiltmom9 AQM9

Number of posts : 3479

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:00 pm

I have not had much time for reading lately....I go through my spurts of reading...this is a down time I guess.....I have a book that I have barely gotten into....but I think it is going to be a good one...."Barefoot".....picked it up at work...book exchange in the ladies lounge........

Living in the beautiful Sierra Nevada of Northern California

http://community.webshots.com/user/abertquiltmom9
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

Number of posts : 12605
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:39 pm

I'm trying to read Jan Karons book titled "Home to Holly Springs" I'm half way through it and just can't get into it at all. I don't like books that jump around a lot, you just get interested in it and the next page is completely some where else with some one else!! This is the first of The Father Tim Novels, did any one else have this problem or is it just me??? My lady found some more Amish books for me, if I don't get any where with this tonght, I'm ready to chuck it and grab one of those!!! Norma

The hurrier I go the behinder I get!
http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/suziq-41/
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9373

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:33 pm

Have any of you read "The Shack?" I can't remember who it's by but it's about this man who looses his daughter while on a camping trip. Excellent book. I listened to it on CD while I was sewing.

memaw4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:42 pm

Fibber Babble had a quote from Nancy Pearl..as seen on a Starbucks cup, posted on her blog. I really liked it and hope she doesn't mind me sharing it here?
If you're 50 years old or younger, give every book about 50 pages before you decide to commit yourself to reading it or giving up.
If you're over 50-which is when time gets shorter- subtract your age from 100. The result is the number of pages you should read before deciding whether or not to quit.
If you're 100 or older you get to judge a book by it's cover.

How far into that book are you Norma? LOL
I don't care for books (or movies) that jump around a lot if I'm tired when reading/watching them. It's supposed to be enjoyable and relaxing.
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:34 pm

Well, I guess I'll get to start on a different book tonight then, as I'm 67 and I'm on page141, and I can't call it relaxing or enjoyable :lol: Norma I've got to remember that one!!

Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:27 pm

I just starting reading a new author - Linda Greenlaw. The first book is Slipknot & there are 2 more. Good mystery.
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:35 pm

OHHH I am annoyed! I was listening to Angels & Demons by Dan Brown and it just abruptly ended. No warning or anything. The story was not finished. I looked up the story on Wikipedia and got the end of the story. That CD is missing. UGH! I hate that. I did not want to know the end without hearing it but I could not just leave the story where it was. Will go to library tomorrow and find out why there are only 14 CDs when it is obvious that there should be 15. HMMMM Manufacturer mistake or recording mistake or library mistake??? Not sure.
Back to top Go down
redworker2002

Number of posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:17 pm

I love the Diane Mott Davidson books, and Earlene Fowler. Just got The Shack...haven't read it yet. I'm on #11 of the Stephanie Plum series (whewie....more sex than I've read before...blush , but the story lines are a hoot). This afternoon I just read the scene where her car blows up (now there's a surprise) and her cello too. There's a series, too that's fun...has food in the title...Blueberry Muffin murder?
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9373

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:32 pm

redworker, your gonna love the shack. Let me know how you do like it or if you do. I wrote down several of these authors and I'm looking a couple up everynight on line at our library. If it's something I think I'd like I order it.

memaw4
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:50 pm

I'm just about finished with " Sarah " by Jerrt Eicher and it is very good. I'ts an Amish story and I never have been unhappy with one yet, hope I never run out of them, as there are several writing them now. Norma

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:01 am

QBee - Mary Ann wrote:
Charal - I really liked Plain Truth - hope you do, too. The ending still haunts me a little - makes me question my own values of right and wrong. I'll be anxious to hear what you think..

Just finished Plain Truth....it was a page turner for me. I had a very hard time putting it down and was a little sad when I finished it. QBee....didn't see that ending coming.....not sure how I would have acted if in the same situation. I understanding she has a brand new book out, Keeping Faith.
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:44 am

Charal - Yes. I could hardly put the book down either and was totally surprised by the ending - and surprised by my reaction to the ending. Part of me thought I could never do that, but still I felt such sympathy and understanding. I've read quite a few of Picoult's books and have really liked most of them. "Keeping Faith" isn't one of my favorites, I think because I didn't find it believable. In general her books aren't very good for me, because I stay up way too late reading!!
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:17 pm

I finished " Sarah's Son ' last night and it was very good too. Now I'm ready to start on "The Outsider " by Ann H. Gabhart. It is a story about the Shakers, so am anxious to see how it is. lovehearts Norma

Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:27 pm

I have a new one on CD. The PMS Outlaws. The title had me chuckling in the library so I figured why not? Not sure what it is about. Will listen to it at work and let you know on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:12 pm

I just finished listening to Kristin Hannah's newest, "Firefly Lane." I'm usually a mystery reader but occasionally like a light novel. This was good, I thought - she writes well.
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:21 am

Just finished " The Outsider " by Ann H. Gabhart. It's a story about the Shakers, different for sure, never had known anything about them before, and they are very different. Good book. lovehearts Norma

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:34 am

Just started reading Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult......seems to be another easy read.
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:39 pm

Charal - I'll be waiting to hear how you like 19 Minutes. I haven't read that one yet. Her book "Mercy" is next on my waiting-to-be-read pile.
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6216

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:22 pm

Just finished Dogge Day Care Murder by Laurien Berenson. It was very good and apparently another series about dogs and murders. Melanie Travis is the heroine. Anyone read any of these?
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:18 pm

Anita - I haven't read those, but being nuts about dogs I think I should check them out!
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:25 pm

Just finished Digital Fortress. It is another Dan Brown book. (He wrote The Da Vinci Code.) It was very good, but he seems to write all of his books the same way. The end did not surprise me, as this is the fourth book of his I have listened to. They are still good, for those of you who want something to think about after the book is done. Not for a fast, "I need to read something and have it done by tomorrow for a book report" read. LOL! It takes about 11 hours to listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Today at 2:38 pm

Back to top Go down

Book I'm Reading
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next