The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Book I'm Reading

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
memaw4

Number of posts : 9376
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:11 pm

I'm listening to the series of Fern Michaels of "Revenge of the Sisterhood." I can only say so far they have been excellent.

memaw4
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19926
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:24 pm

I finally finished my Clive Cussler last night and it was a bit of a dud, sigh, now who will I read cry2

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:20 pm

Just finished Nicholas Spark's "The Lucky One" Was pretty good. At least his books always have a happy ending. :flower:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:21 am

Just started reading James Patterson's Cross Country. Love the short little chapters...you can read 1 or 2 when you want to take a short break.....
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:49 am

I love finding new authors...I a so glad you all like to read. I received some good books for Christmas and I have a finger in each one. "Amazing Grace" about William Wilberforce and his fight against the slave trade in 1700 and 1800's,
"The Secret Life of Bees" and Devil's Bood by Sharon Kay Penman. I don't normally read two or three at a time..it just happened...oh, well, I'll have more to report when I am finished.
Back to top Go down
memaw4

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:50 pm

Charal.....please let me know if Cross Country is any good. I like James Patterson.

I'm reading.......yes actually reading.......Linda Howard's "Dying to please." So far it is excellent like all of her's.

memaw4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:29 pm

I have just got back to reading something I just loved but with the girls I got side tracked... I am reading a book by Mary Higgins Clark "On The Street Where You Live" a mystery not bad still hunting for authors out of touch you see... Charal recommed Janet Evanovich so off to the library next week to see if I can get them...
Back to top Go down
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:11 am

I just finished the 'Twilight' series. Really enjoyed them alot. The author is a very gifted writer in being able to draw you into the story...hard to put the book down :study:

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:18 pm

I listened to them, too, Mamu! I read the fourth because I am on the wait list for the Library' copy... am 56th right now. :affraid: i did NOT want to wait to find out what happens to Bella! LOL! Who is your favorite character? Mine is Jake. I love him. LOL! It is silly, knowing who Bella would pick... and still hoping that she would pick him. HAHAHA I am so silly and hopelessly romantic sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:00 pm

Almost every studetn in our school has read the Twilight series. I guess I had better jsut to see what all the fuss is about.
I guess those will be on my list.
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:10 pm

So, you Twilight fans, have you read the book Stephenie Meyers wrote after the Twilight series? It is "The Host" - totally different from Bella & Edward but a great read & a wonderful love story. lovehearts
Back to top Go down
memaw4

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:30 pm

Pookie, your gonna love the Janet Evanovich series. You'll be in stitches......but NOT in your sewing room!

Kay
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:27 pm

I have not read the host, yet. Not much time for actual reading.... I just listen to books on CD...
Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:30 am

It sounds to me like Stephanie Meyers is an author I need to read...if she can write as many books as she has that are so popular.
Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:32 am

Has anybody read anything of Barbara Kingsolver...she is a very good writer...I may not always agree with what she says in her books...but she writes so very welll that I enjoy reading her stuff anyway...she wrote The Poisonwood Bible, The Prodigal Summer, and a few others that I can't recall at the moment.
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:43 am

The Prodigal Summer is one of my all time favorite books ever. I think it was age related when I read it!! I couldn't finish The Poisenwood Bible - too violent for me (and sad).

PK - I listened to all the SMeyers books on CD - tThe Host too. I love hearing the inflections of the different characters - it adds so much.
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

Number of posts : 4205

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:14 pm

Jessica - I've been a Barbara Kingsolver fan since her first book was published - which I believe was The Bean Trees in 1988. I really want to re-read most of them someday!
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

Number of posts : 12612

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:21 pm

I'm reading " The Longing " by Beverly Lewis. Am half way through it and having a hard time putting it down! It's about the Amish, and they have split into three different groups and it has split several families as each group has different beliefs. One couple to be engaged has been split too, and can't wait to see if they get it figured out as they can't have anything to do with one another now but still love one another. They have their trials too just like we do. Hearts
Norma

The hurrier I go the behinder I get!
http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/suziq-41/
Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:06 pm

That sounds like a good book, Norma. I think I will put it on my list. I am so glad someone has read some of Barbara K's...Does she have anyting new out lately?
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Krafty, I just finished that book... I really enjoyed it... I like the Amish stories also...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Okay...that was two of you tht said it was good...I will have to find it...
Back to top Go down
Mouse

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:37 am

I've just finished reading Angela's Ashes which I quite enjoyed and now am going to read the sequel "'Tis". I brought both books from Vinnies (where I work) for $6. I also have a pile of about 6 or 8 books to read. I keep walking past the book shelves and finding books that catch my eye and that I want to read. I have found that I have to buy them straight away otherwise someone else will and then I miss out. Same with any fabric and quilting magazines or books.
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:11 am

Mouse I think you are working in a good spot....

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6221

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:59 am

I just finished Double Shot my Diane Mott Davidson. This book was so good that one day I spent two hours in one day riding my exercise bike.This was two different one hour periods. I have found the best way to ride the bike is to get a good book and ride for a few chapters. I got a couple more of her books from the library today. This is a great series! anitas
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19926

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:08 pm

I just started an aussie book called Green Mountains, by a guy called Bernard O'Reilly, back in late 30's he searched/found and rescued the surviors of a stinson plane wreck in the mts where he lived (an area we lived) The plane went down in a cyclone (hurricane) and the govt searched for days near sydney, the plane was over 400miles from there. That Bernard found it was a miracle, 10days after it crashed he found two alive but the area he searched and found them in was impenetrable thick unexplored mountainous rainforest. Miracle to find anything in it, anyway its interesteing to re-read the story and read his accts of hte animals, weather patterns and forest at the time and to relate it to today and how much has changed, gone etc.

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Today at 11:02 pm

Back to top Go down

Book I'm Reading
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next