The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

TV Series "Justified" ???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19915
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: TV Series "Justified" ???   Sat May 14, 2011 3:27 am

Wondering who has or does watch this and what you think. We loved Timothy Olyphant in Deadwood (DH gave me season one for my bday, yay!!) and I heard Justified was a good show. It was supposed to come on tv here but never made it so Im thinking of buying it to watch from the states. Hoping for some feedback, I know some of you here liked Deadwood, I just cant watch soap opera style lame shows Undesided

Number of posts : 4269
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Sat May 14, 2011 6:36 am

Justified
(2010) TV-MA

This cop drama centers on Raylan Givens (Timothy Olyphant), a rookie U.S. Marshal whose penchant for taking the law into his own hands, frontier-style, gets him relegated to a real backwater post -- the Appalachian town where he grew up. As Givens squares off against escaped convicts, drug dealers, white supremacists and other hardened crooks, he also works to come to terms with his troubled father, Arlo (Raymond J. Barry).

Netflix gives it 3.5 stars but its availablity date for DVD is unknown and its not on the list for streaming video.
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Sat May 14, 2011 7:06 am

Personal Review (I watch this):

It is awesome. Funny with lots of twists. My type of show. There was one episode where they wanted Raylan to go talk to a family of red necks in the hills that were into some criminal activity. His boss wanted him to go talk to them because he was the "hillbilly whisperer."

There is another twist. His ex-wife is remarried and is a court reporter for a Federal judge. He is having an affair with her.

Oh, and the best part is that Timothy Olyphant is HOT!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Number of posts : 4340
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Sat May 14, 2011 7:43 am

Well, I'm not much of a TV watcher, so I've never even heard of the program. Last night we watched Jeopardy and then DH watched Cops. I don't particularly care for TV and in the warm months I have work to do outside or would just rather be outside.
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Sat May 14, 2011 10:11 am

I don't think I've ever heard of the show either. I'm with Jill, I'd rather be outside and I was......reading! Lifes to short to spend it in front of the TV. Especially on beautiful WARM evening. I waited all winter for just that!

I'm on my way outside now to do some quilting {working on a "UFO"} and to listen to a BOT. A mystery of course.....

Some severe strorms coming later on today.....yea! I love stroms. Twisted Evil I must be twisted or something....
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11370

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Sat May 14, 2011 11:45 am

nothing to add
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

Number of posts : 901

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Sat May 14, 2011 12:56 pm

DH watches this show and apparently likes it. I usually like "cop" shows but this one doesn't grab my attention. It seems more like a hillbilly that got a badge and can relate to his redneck lawbreaker aquaintences better than a "big city" cop. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time watching it.
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Sat May 14, 2011 6:39 pm

It's rainy and 45 degrees here. Not much outside time for me today.
Back to top Go down
MurrayTart

Number of posts : 1370
Location : Murray River NSW in Oz, hey, 101 ways to cook Squash!
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Sat May 14, 2011 10:06 pm

Seeing we're all digital here I've been watching Deadwood on ABC2 every Monday night, don't know which series it is though.

Haven't seen Justified advertised for any digital channel yet, Dexter is on Eleven along with Nurse Jackie & Californication.

Maybe this will help you with Justified? http://www.sidereel.com/Justified

I do love Timothy Olyphant! lovehearts bad girl
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Sat May 14, 2011 11:15 pm

MT it was supposed to be on GO i think it was but they lost the rights to it, cant recall why the rights were withdrawn in australia or something. I have the whole series of Deadwood, just started rewatching it a couple of nights ago actually.

Thanks for the input ladies, I knew what the series was about adn who was in it, just didnt know if it was any good or not. thanks for taking time to share your thoughts!

Admin

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:20 am

Remember this topic? Well once again the show was supposed to be released in australia and hasnt been, you cant even buy the series so I got tired of waiting and found a copy of season one in the UK and bought that. Our DVD player doesnt care what region a disk is, now Im just waiting for it to arrive in the mail so I can watch it!!!

Number of posts : 4269

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:08 am

I had not heard of Justified until just recently when someone recommended it. I'm guessing its one of these where you really need to start with season one.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:35 pm

I think you would need to start with the first season CC, I believe the story builds with each episode, will let you know if you want when mine arrives and I finally get to watch it

Number of posts : 11370

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:53 pm

I hadn't heard of it either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:14 pm

Was reading these past postings on this subject and was thinking of the comments about ' not wasting time in watching TV ...lifes to short to be sitting in front of the TV etc . " just made me think how different we all are . The people who make these comments read and don't think that is wasting life ..NOW if you were my eldest son.... to him the biggest waste of time is reading novels . His argument is that you are living someone elses life in your mind . Get out and live your own life instead of pretending and wasting youi life away . Oh he reads , but only educational and true life ...nature etc . He buys me books but would never buy me a novel . As a person who loves all books I find this hard to understand but who are we to judge what is good and what is bad ? I just smile and nod lmao
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:17 pm

I always think it's funny when I say I'm a quilter or that I love to read books and the person I'm speaking to says "Oh, I don't have time for that." Unless they have a bunch of small children at home or are caring for someone who is sick, I always wonder "Do they have only 22 hours or even 21 hours while I get 24 hours in a day?"
Back to top Go down
redmadder

Number of posts : 3368

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:19 pm

Of course I read. Otherwise I'd be a panther stuffed into a walnut shell. My authentic self would rather be hotly debating the supreme court hearing with other informed minds and passing the bottle around. TV is for those times the mind must go silent and I must stop debating the issues alone. By the way, can't find 'Justified' on our dish network. Odd.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:32 pm

Henny Penny I hope your son has a good imagination other wise he must be mighty bored hanging around in his own head with only facts for company lol! winking Imagination is creativity, reading someones story is no different to looking at their quilt, their garden or eating their meal - its creativity & imaginations at work.

When I was busier than I am now I kept sewing projects all over hte place, while waiting for veges to cook and dinner to be done Id do a few stitches on the kitchen project, I had sewing by the couch and by the bed and in the car. Any spare few minutes could be put to use.

Number of posts : 1370
Location : Murray River NSW in Oz, hey, 101 ways to cook Squash!
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:25 am

Horses for courses as they say, book or TV, our house is full of magazines & newspapers & shelves of paperbacks. But I love TV!! It's like company when you don't see too many people & I have to see the news.

Justified, I saw a write up about it starting on PayTV not long ago. Also read it wasn't a successful series, did it run 3 seasons, cult following? I wish there was more Deadwood.

Then Timothy Olyphant went to the US version of The Office!
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:42 pm

I'm watching the current series of Justified. It's in the 3rd season. It's on cable. AMC channel.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:29 pm

Timothy Olyphant is the lead actor in Justified Murray Tart! They keep saying its going to be released here and it never comes to pass, it was supposed to be released for sale early march and that didnt happen either. I got sick of being patient!

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:32 pm

He has a wonderful imagination Gimpy and does great work . He certainly doesn't have a bored brain just because he doesn't read make beleive. He is a great gardener , can do anything around the house from building to cooking , makes wonderful medieval armor and chain mail and finds the real world a fascinating place . My point was that just because you think watching TV is a waste of time that your opinion is the correct one . The same as if he is correct , or you are correct, is neither here nor there . It is only YOUR opinion and NOT the correct one. As I said ....I just smile and nod and leave him or you or anyone else to their opinions without forcing mine . As long as I [ or he ] enjoys what we are doing is all that counts . The " you " and " your " in this statement is not a personal
" you" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Oh I was just joking around Henny Penny, being tongue in cheek. I tell you what though, DH would love talking to him for sure as he is constantly researching chain mail and armour for his writing - wow, that would really interest Bob. I always stick to the simply philosophy of 'each to their own' that works for me, that and your nod and smile which always works winking

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:27 pm

My son nor daughter like to read for relaxation and entertainment. My daughter has a master's degree and my son will have an MBA in mid May. Not reading for pleasure is not a sign of intelligence. My son's wife LOVES to read and reads some of the same types of books I love. She and I always laugh and say Paul doesn't read because he can't sit still that long.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Well I never got back to commenting here, we enjoyed season one of justified and bought season two which is on its way to us so looking forward to seeing it :tvsmiley:

PostSubject: Re: TV Series "Justified" ???   Today at 11:30 am

Back to top Go down

TV Series "Justified" ???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1