The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

Just hammer and thumb tacks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11563
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Just hammer and thumb tacks   Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:36 am

I kept a pretty good set of tools until I married this guy. These days, it drives him crazy that he can't use tools the way he would before. I just have sewing machine tools. BTW, a long crochet hook of mine has become "his" tool for grabbing stuff out of clogged drains. Do I want it back after that? Nope.
azn
Back to top Go down
missmommy

Number of posts : 732
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Just hammer and thumb tacks   Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 am

My DH sounds like yours Jill...well the tool part anyway. H buys tools, like some of us buy fabric and notions. I have my sewing tools which are off limits. If I need a tool, I just go into his basement and help myself. He justs asks that I leave what ever I use on his workbench so he can clean, examine it and replace it to the exact correct spot. Works for me.
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: Just hammer and thumb tacks   Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Hummer,, that is great news!!!!!!

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20332

PostSubject: Re: Just hammer and thumb tacks   Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:31 am

If DH cant find a tool he just runs to the store and buys another, he doenst put screws into containers or nails, just runs and buys more - drives me nuts, then he wonders why we have a big acct with the hardware Thud

Number of posts : 4404
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Just hammer and thumb tacks   Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:28 am

Gimpy, that's what DH does too and it drives me crazy. I have a big plastic jar (one of those that had pretzels in it) and I keep all those odds and ends. Of course DH won't admit that they often come in handy, he just sorts through it and takes when he wants.

DH recently bought a tool and got a freebie with it--a Bosch drill that's a bit smaller than his so he said I could have it. However, it's still in his workshop. I asked him about it the other day, he got it out, looked at it, and put it back on the shelf. I'll still get it for my use. You gotta work slowly on these things with him, as he doesn't part easily with tools. Undesided
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: Just hammer and thumb tacks   Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:18 am

My DH keeps everything organized... you know draws outlines around hanging tools so he knows exactly what goes where and if its missing.... I have my own tools..

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9701

PostSubject: Re: Just hammer and thumb tacks   Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:14 am

Mac is a slob. I can get away with swiping tools until he catches me using them. Then he knows they are his. geek

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just hammer and thumb tacks   Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Jill Id be in there and taking that drill in a flash, after all, a good wife would save him the time and trouble of getting it out for you winking I have a container of all the left laying around bits and pieces too, darned handy

Bob and Mac sound alike, bob wouldnt know if I used anything as he wouldnt know where anything was anyway

Golo I think Id sigh and be happy as could be in Rays space, sounds like tool heaven!

On a side note I told bob a total load of crap recently and he swallowed the whole on the spot made up story. Mum bought an arm chair, very low to ground and needed raising so temporarily I hauled in 4 pieces of pine not quite 2 x4's, I duct taped them together in pairs and sat her chair on them, whallah - fixed. The timber are pieces from under the counter in my sewing room when we ripped it all out. Well a couple of days later a friend is over, a cabinet maker and noticed what Id done, had a good chuckle and said 'if it works who cares' when he commented of course thats when Bob noticed the chair was higher. He asked me did I cut the wood pieces so I told him 'yeah sure I did bob, I hauled the drop saw out and measured them up, cut and taped' I was being sarcastic but he took me at my word, was amazed. Said 'really, you really did that" mum told him of course I did, he got suspicous and said 'nah, I dont believe you" so keeping a straight face I challenged him, lmao lmao said "well off you go, go out by the garage and you'll see all the sawdust on the ground from where I cut it" he glanced out at the garage a couple of times, it was raining and decided nope, he believed me. Well he never has noticed there is NO SAWDUST out there and he splits wood there all the time, DUH then the other day we were somewhere and overheard him telling someone how I cut the wood and did a temporary fix on the chair doh

lmao

Number of posts : 4404
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Just hammer and thumb tacks   Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:24 pm

lmao lmao lmao

Helen, I don't know if Bob is like this, but it would have taken DH weeks to figure out how to "fix" the chair, it would have been measured dozens of times, many diagrams would have been drawn on graph paper, and then there would have been the ultimate production in making the final fix.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just hammer and thumb tacks   Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:35 pm

ah yeah and you forgot hours of internet research to see how other people would do it too lmao lmao

Number of posts : 1078

PostSubject: Re: Just hammer and thumb tacks   Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:27 pm

Since the last post I have now acquired a cordless screw driver and a cordless hand drill both from my dear hubby who took me to pick them out myself. Not a gift but just so I could put up the bamboo shades I ordered for the back porch. And they are up and look pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11563

PostSubject: Re: Just hammer and thumb tacks   Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:08 pm

For my DH, it is a point of some pride that I don't need to do those things for myself, although I did before I married him.  I am not about to have a turf war over a hammer or paintbrush....but he comes to me for my jewelry making tools when he needs them.  He took my good hammer, the one that replaced the one my dad took, and all my other non-sewing, non-jewelry tools.

On that general topic, before we got the new tub, I told DH that our hot water heater was inadequate and I thought it was going out.  He just had a chilly bath and said that he would order a new water heater tomorrow.  I am very busy NOT saying "I told you so." In case you have not figured it out, I, a 4th generation LIBERATED woman, married a man who thinks women need to be cossetted and protected, and there are definitely men's responsibilities.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just hammer and thumb tacks   Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:14 am

Oh Tammy its so very very good to see you here! Sounds like your hubby gave you just the right tools, its nice sometimes to be able to do something yourself, other times, its good to leave them to it, right Marynel?!!!

Number of posts : 9701

PostSubject: Re: Just hammer and thumb tacks   Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:53 am

I find myself preferring to leave it to him more and more lately.  big sigh 

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just hammer and thumb tacks   Today at 11:11 am

Back to top Go down

Just hammer and thumb tacks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2