The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Quiltville Mystery Quilt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:07 am

The gal at Quiltville has posted a mystery quilt. I've been thinking about doing it...can anybody talk me out of making all of those little pieces? :affraid:
http://www.quiltville.com/oldtobaccoroadintro.shtml

Last edited by finisher on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jennQT

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:12 am

Looks neat...but 184 4 patches 3/5"! Yikes....that'll take a while to make
Jenn
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:13 am

I wouldn't talk you out of it.... I would be very anxious to see the finished quilt...that YOU do.... LOL
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3935

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:17 am

O, Wow! That does look like it will be a lot of small pieces, altho it does mention strip piecing. Might not be bad if you strip piece. Looks interesting, sorry can't talk you out of this one, might want to do it myself. Good luck! O, Ann, you might want to change your link, it won't get us there. Might try "www." in front of the quiltville.com. I found the pattern, but it had to change the link first. :)
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9694

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:55 am

I am with Golo. I am not going to talk you out of it. I want to see it!!!!! :bounce:

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
Schnookie

Number of posts : 1928

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:58 pm

Looks like you are going to have a lot of fun...I won't talk you out of it either...can't wait to see :cyclops: what it is going to look like and your first pictures of it.

Schnookie
NW Oregon
Back to top Go down
jessie s

Number of posts : 1291

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:50 pm

Sorry, won't try to talk you out of it. Mainly because I want to see the finished quilt. Maybe you could post pics as you go. jessie s
Back to top Go down
Luv2sew

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:48 am

Nope, me either -- I'll not try to talk you out of it. If anyone can do a beautiful job of it, it's you, Ann. Go for it and share lots of photos. :sunny:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:01 pm

You guys are terrible talker-out-of-ers! I suppose if I wanted to bring home an elephant you'd cheer me on too? (Well...that might be kind of fun seeing how I would get him in the door? ) LOL As luck or fate..or whatever you call it goes..the quilt I'm piecing now will have left overs that would fit into that mystery quilt. Hmmm.....?
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9694

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:10 pm

Glad we could help! lol!

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
Mtfarmer

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:44 pm

I love Bonnie's patterns (being the scrap-a-holic that I am). Can't wait to see what it looks like, might be another goal to do this winter. Cindy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:55 pm

Cindy..I'm not sure how long she keeps the mystery quilts posted? She has done a couple in the past and I see she doesn't have them listed any more. Can you save the directions in a file to use later? I'm not sure how to do that..so I jotted down the measurements and such. I think I want to use triangles on the sides rather than cut down the rectangles like she did? I don't want to have to deal with having bias along the edges...and it wastes some fabric her way.
Back to top Go down
Mtfarmer

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:04 pm

I save the instructions - laptop burns to cd's so I have the info later. I have missed several things that were no longer on line. I just did a quilt which the blocks were cut diagonally - as in 1/4 square triangles - then put together in a fashion that I had bias all over. I "startched" the heck out of the blocks wtih faultless & dryel. Got the borders on yesterday - and no problem. Just passing on something that worked. Cindy
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:35 pm

good tip there, Cindy... thanks... glad to see you here....

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:48 am

Okay, I'll try. Are you CRAZY!!! They now have bigger, one block quilts, panels that only need to be quilted, 18 1/2 blocks, other things that don't have so many little bitty corners that need to be notched up against each other. Do you need that frustration, that challenge, that NEED TO PROVE TO YOURSELF AND THE WORLD AT LARGE THAT YOU ARE A FABULOUS QUILTER?????

Okay, I kind of agree too. Have fun. Post pics when you're done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:51 pm

Well..actually..I am a little crazy..but the quilt top I just finished had left over parts..and don't ya know..they just happen to be the right size to make some of those pinwheels! I think left over pieces are kind of like sour dough bread starter..one quilt leads to another..and another..
I was on the fence about this one. I really like scrappy..and I have a group of fabrics sitting on my cutting table that don't want to be put away yet. They enjoy my petting and loving glances. Smitten I think having left over parts pushed me into really wanting to do this!
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:38 pm

finisher, you are crazy! :joker: but, I wanna see the finished quilt too! LOL! I might try my hand at this one... eventually, I just need time! And more experience! scratch BTW, you do not want an elephant in your house. :elephant: They are very smelly!
Back to top Go down
PrincessKris

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:39 pm

finisher, I did not know you were a buckeye! I am not a native buckeye but I guess that is okay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:46 pm

Ah..a fellow Buckeye! Thumbup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:03 pm

Ok..you all weren't very good at talking me out of this! I chose my fabrics and will begin cutting tomorrow. Let the craziness begin! Cheesy
[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
golo

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:10 pm

I take it you are using some of your stash....

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3935

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:14 pm

I really like the colors you chose. It will be beautiful!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:21 pm

Yep..it's all stash. I don't have to buy anything! I don't think I like that fabric that's on top of the gold pile though..now that I look at it? I don't think I'm going to use that one this time. :hammer:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:17 am

To save to your computer look at her pattern where it says pdf. file at the top of each part of the mystery quilt. Click on that. When the pdf file opens click on the square disk on the upper left of the screen. Click on save. If you just want to see the pattern, click on open. This will create a file where you can save all your pdf. patterns. You will have to do this for each part of the mystery but it will list the name of the pattern and part one, part two, etc so you can find each part later. Remember to look to see what it names your file. It saves mine in Documents. Once your pattern is saved to find it go to Documents and there will be a list of your pattern name, tobacco road 1, tobacco road 2, etc. right click your mouse on the pattern name in the list and then click open or open with adobe reader and it will open the file for you so you can see it.

Quilterbee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:21 am

Thanks Quilterbee! I have the file saved. I tell you..I'm learning more and more each day. DH had talked me through the saving to pdf...but I appreciate you posting it in case anybody else wants to save the file and join me in my madness. Cheesy Last night he went to do something on the computer..and I corrected him! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Today at 1:18 pm

Back to top Go down

Quiltville Mystery Quilt
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next