The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

2012 Swap Ideas - share your ideas here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20322
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: 2012 Swap Ideas - share your ideas here!   Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:28 am

I have copied across some of the ideas we had listed last year, feel free to add ideas and run swaps, lets have some more fun this year Thumbup

* Charm/Button/Embellishment swap

* Mini quilts - themed or not

* Table runner swap

* Placemat swap

* Luvs posted this idea '- There is a really cute pattern online for a coin purse with a window for your drivers license. I'd love to swap that. I made one and like it, but would enlarge it just a little. I have a clip on it and if we go for a walk or some where that I want to bring only a little money and my drivers license, I bring that and clip it to my jeans belt loop. There are several patterns online

* Felt candle mat

What new ideas do we have or want to do?

Number of posts : 11559
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Swap Ideas - share your ideas here!   Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:11 pm

I may be grain dead at the moment, but maybe swap 1/4 log cabin blocks (7.5") which may be played with to create something on this order. They could be any 3 or 4 colors.

Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2275
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Swap Ideas - share your ideas here!   Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:59 pm

I really enjoyed the Christmas Tree block swap. There was a comparatively small number of blocks we 'had' to make and they were large & uncomplicated. And no, I don't have the blocks put together yet - but I do have great confidence that I will get the quilt made before this coming Christmas!

Swapping smaller blocks, while still fun and usually easy, means that I have to come up with something to mix in with them to make a decent-sized quilt. I have quite a few collections from years past that are awaiting my attention/time/etc.

A number of us have seen or done the 'Jelly Roll Race' quilt. It might be fun to swap 2 1/2" strips so we can make jelly roll quilts.

What about swapping a UFO? I have a bag or nine that has fabric cut and/or most of the blocks made. I might get back to them some time, but it's not looking likely in the near future. It's kinda like cleaning someone else's house - it's easier to do it for others than yourself (oh, is that just me?)(and, no, I won't come and clean your house). Even if it's sending a UFO to someone else for a 4-week 'vacation'. It wouldn't have to be finished when it returned home, but it might be easier to face if someone else had lent a needle.

I have a lifetime's worth of table runners, and my table is rarely excavated long enough to enjoy them. I have placemats, too. I loooove my bookmarks and mug hugs/rugs.

Pincushions are cute, but there's a limit to how many one needs (even though the next one I receive or make might end up to be my all-time favorite).

My daughter and I exchanged project bags at Christmas time. Both of ours were geared toward holding yarny projects for on-the-go knitting, but I could easily see a small bag swap (mine used 2 FQ's each) to carry handwork or something.

Heh. I didn't think I had any ideas. I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the Christmas Tree Swap. coolsmiley

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9468

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Swap Ideas - share your ideas here!   Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Log cabin block swap? Do mine in purples/creams please! lol!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Swap Ideas - share your ideas here!   Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:32 pm

I liked the ease of both the snow globe and the xmas tree blocks, as you said Fiberbabble, easy shapes, sizes to work wtih and fun - now if I could just get mine assembled too. I did at least drag the box out last night and spread its contents on the floor, found some xmas fabric 9 patch siggy blocks we swapped Id forgotten in there too!

I love the mug hugs and bookmarks too, I keep all my bookmarks on the book shelf where they can be seen as I pass and have easy access for use. They were fun to make and swap.

I like mug rugs/coasters, its fun to have my own, could maybe swap some of these

FB I wondered about swapping orphan blocks, I have a box full and got to thinking about sending the prettiest one/ones out but then Im sure Id end up with just a new collection of orphan blocks, Im not a good block orphanage, I dont seem to find homes for them LOL!

I wondered about doing a swap, say a 'snowman' swap, doesnt have to be a hand made item just something that matches the theme with a $$ limit. Anything to do with the theme, you could send a pattern, a block, a mini quilt, fabric, a novelty - just fun themes?? Any thoughts?

Number of posts : 9696

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Swap Ideas - share your ideas here!   Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:36 pm

Brains. I would like to swap brains as mine does not seem to be functioning very well right now. Thud

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Swap Ideas - share your ideas here!   Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:42 pm

TxMaryQuilts wrote:
Brains. I would like to swap brains as mine does not seem to be functioning very well right now. Thud

scary thought, immediatly bought to mind a line from the song Lump by Presidents Of The United States where they sing "Lump lingered last in line for brains
And the ones she got were sorta rotten and insane" Id be afraid mine would fit that category and you might actually be worse off swapping with the likes of me Mary Ann lmao lmao lmao Ahhh no wonder thats one of my favourite songs lmao

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Swap Ideas - share your ideas here!   Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:22 pm

ROFLMBBO lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Swap Ideas - share your ideas here!   Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Shocked winking Memaw I havent seen you laugh so hard, its contagious lmao

Number of posts : 3403

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Swap Ideas - share your ideas here!   Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:35 am

My bin has so many orphan blocks that I could send everyone here a block in their favorite colors. Therefore, I really like that idea. Wouldn't it be cool to receive blocks that would work together in a sampler?
Back to top Go down
redmadder

Number of posts : 3403

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Swap Ideas - share your ideas here!   Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:40 am

It could get really involved, like post our blocks and bid on which ones to swap? Say, I'll send you this Log Cabin for that R&W Schoolhouse. I've liked our swaps and projects that were interactive. This is were I learned to post photos online.

I know, time is a consideration. But we must invest to get return. Invest time, receive affection and regard.
Back to top Go down
memaw4

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Swap Ideas - share your ideas here!   Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:46 am

[quote="redmadder"]

It could get really involved, like post our blocks and bid on which ones to swap? Say, I'll send you this Log Cabin for that R&W Schoolhouse. I've liked our swaps and projects that were interactive. quote]

Great idea! Love it.....
Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

Number of posts : 3396

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Swap Ideas - share your ideas here!   Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:00 am

I don't have many orphans but I like the idea of posts and bartering. It sounds like fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Swap Ideas - share your ideas here!   Today at 3:11 am

Back to top Go down

2012 Swap Ideas - share your ideas here!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1