The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Quiltville Mystery Quilt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ashlawnfarms

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:41 am

You are welcome Bearfoot- it was way too great of a thread to be at the bottom of the stack!
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:50 am

Well, that is an awesome quilt. I too don't know how I missed the thread. I generaly don't go through the albums I just don't have the time But I usualy keep up with the threads here. Sorry I missed it, its a beautiful quilt. I do remember seeing the thread when it first got started and I went to quiltville and looking at it there when you very first posted. It looks like it was a huge undertaking!
I think after the first of the year I need to reprioritize my time better and spend less time online and more time sewing!
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:12 am

Calico_Chris wrote:
I think after the first of the year I need to reprioritize my time better and spend less time online and more time sewing!
WHAT???!!! :affraid: :affraid: lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:57 pm

Thank you Ash! I've been MIA the past couple of days, so I missed your joining us. Welcome! That quilt was fun fun fun. I recommend any of the mystery quilts from www.quiltville.com (or any of her other quilts) Bonnie breaks everything down to really simple steps. Very easy to follow.
Back to top Go down
ashlawnfarms

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:13 pm

You are welcome AOL. I will have to keep an eye on her mystery quilt posts....sounds like that would be right up my alley to try!
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11559
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:13 pm

I just got around to reading this topic.

AOL, I love your stash choices. That is a magnificent quilt. gonna hafty go on my WAD list. I am very fond of pinwheels anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:33 am

AOL.. I just saw this thread.. I am so behind on everyone's news.. but I had posted a message on your photobucket a couple of weeks ago.. that quilt is totally totally amazing!! I love your color choices and your workmanship.. I just will now go back and read the rest so I can see what process you went through thanks for taking the time to post it all
Back to top Go down
Willow

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:43 pm

AOL! Your Tobacco Road quilt is fabulous! I'm going to try the Quiltville Mystery too! :yahoo: I've never done a quilt with such small pieces - just cut out all the little triangles :quilting1: Going now to start putting them together! WilloW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:07 am

Willow..Bonnie is posting a new mystery right now. Are you doing that one..or the Tobacco Road?
The fabrics she has suggested for the new mystery are some of my favorites. Once I make the quilt I'll be very low on those colors and I don't see anybody selling them right now. I'm going to go ahead and use my shirtings, indigos, double pinks, and cheddars. (I have a good stash of chocolate brown at the moment though). I'm sure they'll make more sometime in the future? I hope so!

If you are doing the Tobacco Road..I don't have any helpful hints to pass along..other than to just follow Bonnie's directions. She ALWAYS breaks things down to very simple easy steps. Thumbup Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Willow

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:10 pm

I'm doing her new mystery called Double Delight! So far I've cut out about 840 pieces rain and have sewn about 1/2 of them together - also, I'm beginning to wonder what I'm doing, I just thought I wanted to do a quilt with the same two blocks over and over and over :others-208:
I'm so dizzy from all those tiny pieces - or oh, wait a minute - that might be me finishing up all the New Year's wine. :NYparty:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:14 pm

I'm going to do DD too! I can't wait to get started..but I have a Blooming 9 patch pretty close to being done. I thought I'd get that top pieced and out of the way before starting, so I can put those fabrics away. I hate to have too much going on at once.
Must. Not. Start. New. Mystery. Quilt. Yet. :hammer:
I am so tempted to pull out those DD fabrics..and pet them..LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:31 pm

Willow..are you using fabrics like Bonnie suggested for the DD..or are you using something else?
I finally broke down and started pulling fabrics for mine this morning. She posted a pic with most of the top finished and I couldn't resist! :hammer:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiltville Mystery Quilt   Today at 1:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Quiltville Mystery Quilt
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3