The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

Charity Quilts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
iambuzzysma

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Charity Quilts   Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:41 am

Here is my second Quilt of Valor. The third one is just starting & the instructions for the first two are still at this website:

http://www.persimmonquilts.com/QOVMysteryHomePg.html

Last edited by iambuzzysma on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9473
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:36 am

That is one beautiful quilt. Keep up the great work buzzy. I love the name iambuzzysma. I can see you buzzing around gathering up fabric and patterns and then sewing or quilting. Is that about what ya do?

memaw4
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:42 am

You've got me pegged memaw!! Not enuf hours in a day even though I'm retired! :lol:
Back to top Go down
Paws to quilt

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:37 pm

I have found Jambuzzy that since I retired, I don't have as many hours in the day as before I retired. Perhaps it's time management on my part :hammer: .

That's a really nice quilt.
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3937

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:52 pm

Beautiful quilt, iambuzzysma!!!! I'm sure someone will be thrilled to receive it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:34 pm

It's a beautiful quilt Buzzy'sMa! I'm sure some lucky recipient is going to be thrilled to get it! What a wonderful cause to donate to. Smitten
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11563

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:35 pm

Amen to that!
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9704

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:47 pm

finisher wrote:
It's a beautiful quilt Buzzy'sMa! I'm sure some lucky recipient is going to be thrilled to get it! What a wonderful cause to donate to. Smitten

Finisher said it all. Great quilt--great cause.

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
DusteeInIowa

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Hi, Newbie Here   Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:13 am

I have just been introduced to this site by memaw4. I will be lurking in the wings for a while till I get into the swing of things. I just wanted you to know I am watching you. Haa Haa

I love the projects you all are working on and hope to share in the fun soon.

Sheryl
Back to top Go down
DusteeInIowa

PostSubject: Sunbonnet Sue   Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:25 am

TxMaryQuilts, I love your Sunbonnet Sue blocks. The embellishing you used is darling. You are quite the inspiration!! Someday I want to do a Sunbonnet Sue. I will probably machine applique. I took a class on Invisible Machine Applique and I am hooked.

Sheryl
Back to top Go down
BearFoot

Number of posts : 901

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:32 am

DusteeInIowa wrote:
I have just been introduced to this site by memaw4. I will be lurking in the wings for a while till I get into the swing of things. I just wanted you to know I am watching you. Haa Haa

I love the projects you all are working on and hope to share in the fun soon.

Sheryl
It is so nice to see you back again, Dustee! I have missed you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:23 am

It's good to see you Dustee. Get your bearings then come back and tell us what you've been up to? :peek:
Back to top Go down
DusteeInIowa

PostSubject: Thanks for the Welcome   Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:39 pm

Hi Girls,

I feel pretty stupid. I recognize your names but cannot remember from where. This forum seems so familiar but it is like dajavue. I know I have been here, but can't put it together.

I had an accident last December and sort of checked out for a while. I had loss of memory. I still have some problems, I thought I was sailing along pretty good. But this really bugs me.

If you can help me put this together.... give my memory a boost please don't hold back. Like I said, there are so many names that are so familiar. I want to fit in again.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Sheryl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:48 pm

A few years ago there was a nice quilting forum on the Better Homes and Gardens site. That went away and Some of the group started a Yahoo site. Then many joined the Fons and Porter forum. Both of the Quilting magazine sites were taken down by the "powers that be". LadyTexas set up a forum for some people and Gimpy Cat and her DH set up Quilter's Sanctuary. THEN..Quilter's Sanctuary had a lot of problems and kept going off line so Gimpy Cat and her DH (Bob) set this one up.
If you feel out of sorts or like you should remember, don't fuss. You can start over and take it from there. We're happy to have you here!
Back to top Go down
DusteeInIowa

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:02 am

Hi Finisher, Thank you for the response. I know I have been on the Fons and Porter Forum. It is a shame that they started charging. Fons and Porter are from my area so I follow them pretty close. Quilter's Sanctuary sounds familiar, but I don't remember. I have not been on many forums. This is the first for a long time.

I dwelled on it so much last night that I gave myself a splitting headache. I felt like I was taking a step backwards and I definately don't want to go there. I am going to take your advice and move on.

I am happy to be getting back into my quilting and I love chatting and sharing with others. I know if memaw4 recommended this forum, you all have to be pretty neat people.

I am glad to be here and look forward to chatting with all of you.

Sheryl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:41 am

I'm sure it must be difficult/frustrating when you can't remember things. I think it's the Fons and Porter site that you were most active on, and probably recognize names from? All you really need to remember is that you are a friend to us and we're happy to have you here!

I'm happy to hear that you're getting back into your quilting. They just can't stop us can they Dustee? ;)
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9704

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:11 am

Hi Sheryl, I remember you too and I am pretty sure it was from the Fon's and Porter site which was called Quilter's Talk. I am sorry to read of your accident and I am very glad you are feeling better.

Yes please just move forward, we certainly do not want to cause you headaches.
Visit with us and ask any questions you want, we will do our best to answer them for you.

Thank you for the nice compliments on my Sues. I WILL finish them one day!
Welcome back.

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
DusteeInIowa

PostSubject: Thank You!   Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:51 pm

Finisher, TxMaryQuilts and Bearfoot, Thanks for all your kindness. I appreciate your welcome and plan on sticking around. I don't want to miss out on any of the fun.

Now back to business... The Mystery Quilt that iambuzzysmom posted. Can someone explain this to me? Is this something we should be working on. Are the postings for a single block or a quilt? Is it a charity quilt? If so, who are we suppose to give it to?

By the way, iambuzzysmom, your quilt is beautiful.

I have done some charity tablerunners and table toppers for the church for an auction they held to build an addition on. That is the extent of my charity work. I am interested in doing more to help those in need. How do you find out about donating quilts for new babies and expectant mothers?

Thanks Again, Sheryl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:19 pm

The quilts of valor are quilts that people make up and donate to wounded service men and women. They made the one Buzzy'sMa posted as a mystery quilt because some people really like to do those. It's like a puzzle and makes it a surprise for the quilter that's making them, so kind of fun.

If you have a Hospital in your area most are happy to accept small quilts for preemies or a little bigger for other babies too. My Sister had a preemie baby and wasn't with the Father when her baby was born. The nurses gave her a quilt someone had donated. Usually the nurses know what's going on and make sure the quilts go to those who don't have much. If that interests you you can contact your local Hospital and see if they have any guidelines or restrictions on the quilts you donate.

There's also Project Linus. You donate quilts that are given to babies or kids that are going through a rough or scary time. Like when they are taken into protective custody because their home lives are bad. Some Police officers carry them with them and give them to children going through rough times. They are a National Group and I think if you do a Google search you will find a lot of info on them.

There are other groups that are happy to get quilts too. Maybe somebody else could tell you about other ones that they know of.
Back to top Go down
Cottonpicker

Number of posts : 206

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:37 pm

Dustee, I'm so happy to see you here with us. I'm sorry about your accident and glad you are better now. Please don't push yourself just start in with us from right now. I can give you some info-you were in a block swap with me on Quilter's Talk-the Fons and Porter site. When that closed down we continued it onto Friendship Frame Quilters and QuiltersSanctuary. I got a kind of log cabin block from you in really beautiful fabrics and colors.

Do you have your blocks from that swap? You should have blocks from I think 27 of us. We all signed the blocks with our site name, real name, city and state.
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:39 pm

Sheryl-here is the link for the Quilt of Valor site that I use. I like it because you only have to piece the top, not put it together. And the mysteries are fun as yu don't see the final layout until the last clue is posted. Check it out:

http://www.persimmonquilts.com/QOVMysteryHomePg.html
Back to top Go down
Cottonpicker

Number of posts : 206

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:44 pm

Dustee, Nursing homes in your area might like lap quilts. My little quilt group supplied our local nursing home with all they needed.

The police and fire dept. in your area might like them to carry in their cars for children in emergency situatiions. I know some of them carry stuffed animals to give to a child to comfort them.
Back to top Go down
DusteeInIowa

PostSubject: Posts???   Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:21 am

Where did our posts go? The most recent posts we made are not showing up on. Is anyone else having this problem?

It shows who posted but the post itself is not showing.

Dustee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:38 am

Yes Dustee..we're having some kind of glitch. They're looking into it. People are having trouble getting into the site too. It's a server problem. Hang in there..help is coming!
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:19 pm

love your quilt Iambusymom.... what a nice thing to be doing....

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charity Quilts   Today at 2:59 pm

Back to top Go down

Charity Quilts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 23Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next