The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Help with T-Shirt Quilt by furkidsmom

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Help with T-Shirt Quilt by furkidsmom   Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:25 pm

Title: Help with T-shirt quilt
Post by: furkidsmom on March 27, 2008, 07:48:26 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all~
Soon I will be making my first t-shirt quilt and need help deciding how to stablize it. Undesided Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. You all have such great ideas and I know you'll come up with something better than I would. TIA.
Michelle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title: Re: Help with T-shirt quilt
Post by: Texasmusicmom on March 28, 2008, 08:26:19 AM

I have yet to make one myself....have the stack of tshirts and a booklet on how to. It recommends a non-woven fusible interfacing that is not too heavy or too light. They recommend Pellon ShirTailor. They warn it is only 22" wide, so figure yardage accordingly. I want to make one for my son...it's "on my list". :2funny: I also googled making a t shirt quilt and got several website listings...try those! Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Post by: missmommy on March 28, 2008, 09:00:29 AM

I made one for my son years ago. I used Pellon lightweight, iron on, non woven interfacing. (not the featherweight!) It has held up extremely well.

Post by: golo on March 28, 2008, 10:05:44 AM

I made one at least 16 yrs. ago before I even new what quilting was.... I think I used the same stuff Missmommy used... anyway the quilt is still being used.... I guess I would have to consider that my first quilt... :idiot2:
Back to top Go down

Help with T-Shirt Quilt by furkidsmom
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1