The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

old vinyl table cloth by texasmusicmom

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: old vinyl table cloth by texasmusicmom   Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:26 pm

PATCHWORK & QUILTING => Quilters: Hints, Tips & Advice => Topic started by: Texasmusicmom on April 11, 2008, 09:31:29 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title: old vinyl tablecloth
Post by: Texasmusicmom on April 11, 2008, 09:31:29 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found a new use for that old cheapo vinyl tablecloth I was going to let DH use for painting.....I now keep two small ones in my sewing room to use for basting spray protection. I use the spray for small items and practice pieces (since I have to practice tons before I have the guts to really go.....) :rolleyes: Works for me!

Title: Re: old vinyl tablecloth
Post by: Merry Bee on April 11, 2008, 09:41:35 AM

Great tip, TexMMom. I used to put one down on the floor and put the baby's high chair on it! :coolsmiley: They are messy little tooters, in more ways than one.

Post by: golo on April 11, 2008, 10:34:26 AM

Love that hint..... tip..... :afro:

Post by: quiltermarynel on April 11, 2008, 11:00:42 AM

If it is the kind with a flannel back, the back works well as a temprary design wall.

Post by: jessie s on April 11, 2008, 11:26:20 AM

Do a fair bit of the temporary spray thing. Use a box, just hold the item in the box and spray. Store can of spray in box too, otherwise with me would be searching for ages. jessie s

Post by: Texasmusicmom on April 11, 2008, 12:07:08 PM

Yeah....I had an old cardboard under the bed storage box I used for a while...it worked great, but I needed the storage space for full under the bed boxes...haha. Cheesy So....to the table cloths. They fold up smaller.

Yep..MB...I used those under the high chair too...messy...yes indeed :wink: In fact...I was asked to sub in the pre school toddler room today but just couldn't face a day of diapers...Subbed yesterday with the fours and have to go to a conference tomorrow, so...I'm home QUILTING today! SHHHH....don't tell the girl who called early today to ask me to sub...told her I had to work in the HS band hall...which I did, but was home by 9:00AM.

Thanks for the design wall tip......double duty! I had not thought of that, QM! Ok....back to finish up quilting my border.......it's my lofat quilting throw....MB...so....I'll post a pic soon!

Post by: Merry Bee on April 11, 2008, 05:02:01 PM

Oh, I've been looking forward to seeing how that turned out! Can't wait. I will do my next on that way, you know.
Back to top Go down

old vinyl table cloth by texasmusicmom
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1