The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sewn3w

Number of posts : 4912
Registration date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:09 pm

O dear. I just realized that I have today become hooked on a TV show. Saw it for the first time this morning and have watched for the past 3 hours, maybe a tad more. Big Rig Bounty Hunters is about teams of men that find lost/missing/stolen tractor trailers and or loads. Working in the trucking industry, I found myself wanting to know how and where they found the missing stuff and what kind of drivers the teams ran into. Most drivers are salt-of-the-earth. A few are pretty kookie. The show ended up consuming a big chunk of my day that I hadn't planned on watching TV.
Not sure I want to confess watching this to everyone I know. So, is there a show you find yourself making excuses to watch? Like, oh, I don't know, maybe I need to cook 2, not one, no, 2 differnt kinds of soup this morning so I could stay in the kitchen and watch where trucks were found?EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed
Now that I reread this, am wondering if I should have posted it in the funny of the day post. EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:17 pm

haven't heard of that one sewn3w but I'm hooked on quite a few tv shows...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6211
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:36 pm

I like "Once Upon a Time".
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9479

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:39 pm

I've watched that show Sewn. We like it pretty good. Mac (DH) cracked up when that big old tough guy started gagging because of the turkeys. LOL Then he got all squirmy about Aliens. Ha Ha.

Like Golo, I am hooked on several but I guess Duck Dynasty and Swamp People are my top two. "Hey, they're good."

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9361

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:46 pm

I'm addicted to ''Love it or List it'' on HGTV. People wanting to either make the house they have more adapatable/livable or buy a bigger place with all their needs. They of course are on a budget either way.

I'm also addicted to:

Nancy Grace Mysteries!

48 Hours Missing Persons!

Alaska State Troopers!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Number of posts : 4344
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:23 pm

"Snapped"
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19917

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:24 pm

at least you got lots of soup make lmao

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Gimpy Cat wrote:
at least you got lots of soup make
Since one was white chicken chili with lots of beans should I refer to it as my super diesel powered soup?
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:05 pm

Oh yes definatly, its the high octane soup!!! Speaking of soup, Ive put a pot of chicken frames onto cook, make stock for soup tonight but Im not watching tv, I rarely do but I do hire/buy TV series I like and watch them sometimes. Im addicted to

The Walking Dead
Justified
Dexter

Number of posts : 2613

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:19 pm

sewn3w wrote:
Gimpy Cat wrote:
at least you got lots of soup make
Since one was white chicken chili with lots of beans should I refer to it as my super diesel powered soup?

My cousin, aka Super Trucker, would!

After reading about Duck Dynasty on another thread here, I googled it. I lost interest in it as soon as I realized it did not involve ducks!
Back to top Go down
texasmusicmom

Number of posts : 6742
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:39 pm

My sons are hooked on Walking Dead as well Gimpy!

I'm hooked on Dallas and Elementary. Also watch House Hunters on HGTV.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:48 pm

Im imapatiently waiting for season 3 of walking dead to come on sale so I can buy it, come on already, cant they get it out for sale yet????? Fortunatly I have a dvd player that plays any country so I can buy dvds from america and the uk and watch them, if I had to wait for an australian copy it would be another year - yikes!!

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Aren't all DVD players multi region Gimpy ? I buy from the UK and US without giving it a thought. My Hooked ons are Lost Worlds History Cold Case , My Kitchen Rules [ good for a laugh ] and dare I whisper it Coronation Street . This last is on in the day time but I record it and watch when I get around to it at night. I have watched Walking the Dead for some years but only do it if I feel like it. I would prefer to watch these types on DVD in my time frame . Don't follow you about season 3 not being out .....you can buy up to season 9 . And Sewn3w ...... don't apologize for what you watch ! I can't stand TV snobbery [ or book , music or film ] It's there to entertain you.
Back to top Go down
quiltmom9 AQM9

Number of posts : 3479

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:23 pm

American Pickers
Wild West Alaska
Pioneer Woman

Living in the beautiful Sierra Nevada of Northern California

http://community.webshots.com/user/abertquiltmom9
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:55 pm

Henny Penny I watch The Walking Dead, not Waking the Dead, the one I watch is a zombie one. Most DVD players can only play your local region. Australia falls into region 4, America is region 1, the UK is in region 2, there are 6 regions in all, I think we are in the same region as Mexico from memory LOL. If your dvd player is playing stuff you have bought from overseas then you are very fortunate to have lucked into one that will play multi regions, its not that common, a few years ago funnily enough the el cheapo dvd players were region free, I paid under $50 for mine. If you have one that is locked on our region it simply cant play any DVDs from out of area and you will get a message saying the region is wrong and cant be played
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11377

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:28 pm

I am hooked on NCIS ( not the LA one), Elementary and Castle. I like The Mentalist, but probably mostly because the guy reminds me of my older son.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:53 am

No Gimpy . I think you will find that most if not all DVD players now are multi region . I haven't had one for some years that will only play region 4 . And when I did have that type I had a code unlocker list that you could look up your particular player and put in the code then you could play all regions . [ bought the list off ebay ] I have never had a player that only cost $50 ! where on earth did you get it ? I love the one I have now. Records to a hard drive so you don't have to fiddle around with putting discs in to record something . I have never heard of The Walking Dead was it ever on TV
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6211

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:36 am

I love NCIs! I still remember David McCallum from the Man for UNCLE! And I like the Good Wife.
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9479

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:09 pm

Bratt, Duck Dynasty has ducks, they shoot them in duck season. lmao

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9361

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Jill wrote:
"Snapped"

lol! Oh yeah. Plus: ''Deadly Women'', "Wifes With Knifes", "Love Scorned."

Ya don't wanta mess with Jill or me. We know ALL the tricks of the trade!

lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!
Back to top Go down
sewn3w

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:59 pm

Guess I'll fess up to a couple more.
Love the mental part of Criminal Minds but I have to look away at the gory parts.
Love the Big Bang too. I work beside IT dept for my company. I can point a finger (not nice is it?) to every person in that show and give them a real life name. Some days I sit at my desk and laugh into my hand or go for a walk and laugh out loud. They are so loud and full of themselves that the rest of the depts around keep ourselves amused at their expense. So young, so knowlegable and so nieve. (sorry I never could spell that word, I know there's an a in it somewhere.) It's really funny to watch it in the evening and then go to work the next day and IT dept quietly plays out scenes from the night before. They think no one knows what they are doing. It's even funnier to listen to them being themselves and then see the same thing in a couple weeks on the show.
Back to top Go down
Gwennie M

Number of posts : 1810
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:55 pm

Oh, Gimpy, we are getting ready to watch the Walking Dead right now, DH and I love that show. I was surprised I liked it being that it was based on a comic book but now I am hooked. I also like NCIS (not the LA one either, LOL), Parenthood, Grimm, sometimes Army Wives, Dexter, Shameless, sometimes True Blood but I have fallen really far behind and am considering reading the books. I also like to watch reruns of old shows - Happy Days, Little House, Waltons, etc. You need a break sometimes from the anything goes on TV.
Also must say that I usually fall asleep and have to watch twice, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Gwennie M

Number of posts : 1810
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:55 pm

Great Topic Sewn!!
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:00 pm

I love Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Grays Anatomy and Scandal........HGTV, Food Channel and the Discovery Health Chanel..

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Gwennie think of me as you watch it LOL! I like all the Charlain Harris books, totally different to the true blood series but they take bits of her books and use them, I just enjoy the tv series like its extras, I think I have all the season of that excepting the current one.

Henny Penny most DVD and Blu Ray players are region coded, if you know how you can unlock them but they arent commonly multi region due to the differences in regional release dates of prime time shows and movies. The cinemas and networks dont like us being able to access shows prior to them being officially released here (or whatever country you are in) and some things are never released here for various reasons. I have a copy of a good british movie but it wasnt available in australia, they have since released it just recently. The censorship boards slow stuff down too as it all has to be rated prior to release in Australia. I have a 6mnth old blu ray player and its no region free, most arent. Thats why you cant buy and watch a current episode of a series just on in the states on amazon, our region is locked out and they cant let you buy or watch it until its released here. Thats part of why the tv stations are 'fast tracking' shows now, trying to get in before the shows are watched online and then not during their ratings periods. Even the old VCR tapes were region coded.

I sometimes watch a show called ah, I dunno hang on Ill ask mum, its called Escape To the Country, its a british show and people are looking for a home in teh country, I just like seeing the countryside and the old 12th century homes and thatch cottages. Wouldnt want one but fun to see inside them and the history.

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Today at 6:15 am

Back to top Go down

Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next