The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:03 am

I don't know what you get in Tas Gimpy but we get region free players here. We have had three [ for different rooms ] in the last few years and all play ALL region codes . Just saw a region free blue ray player for only $119 . I buy discs from the UK and US all the time . They play in my and my friends and families [ we are great sharers ] because the players are region free. BTW I also was watching Escape to the country but it has been on for a couple of years now and I have got a bit sick of it . But I do love the houses and the countryside . I often wonder with some of them though HOW on earth do they ever dust them LOL Gwennie I also love some of the old shows. Have all the dvd's for the entire series of The Waltons .and Little House Loved Happy days because the era was my era of being a teenager . Especially the ealier ones . Also loved Lavern and Shirley , have a few series of them too. You could always get a laugh. Miss those types of shows. Too many law and order type things on now , they seem to be what the majority of modern shows are.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Number of posts : 4400
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:18 am

I agree with you HP about today's programming. I watch at least one comedy a day, usually Seinfeld while I'm sewing in the evening, because I need to laugh at something. That helps ease the stress and worry in our everyday lives, IMO.
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9464
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:29 am

I need to add Duck Dynasty. I watched it last night for the first time and laughed my butt off! Those men all remind me of my husband!
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9694

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:44 pm

Does he have a beard? lmao

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
memaw4

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:10 pm

No! Thank the good Lord above! Actually he used to years ago. He shaved it off and it took me 3 weeks to notice....... I knew something was different about him, but just couldn't figure out what. He still had his mustash! He never did have a large beard so maybe thats why I didn't notice it gone. Now I did notice when his hair started going! I'm such a ..... ...... but I just can't help myself...
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20315
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Gwennie I forgot to tell you, last weekend I came across a personality test for The Walking Dead and DH and I did for laughs, you did the test and it told you what character you were in the show. I came out as Rick and DH came out as Andrea, now what does that say??? lmao lmao lmao (thank god I was Rick, Id freak if I came out as Andrea lmao )

Number of posts : 5018
Registration date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:11 pm

3 weeks Memaw? lol!lol!
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9694

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:58 pm

I forgot to mention Top Gear, the American version. I am not a big car fan but these guys are just idiots doing dumb stuff with cars. It's pretty funny to watch and keeps Mac entertained. At least until he falls asleep. lol!

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:10 pm

The Good Wife
Walking Dead
American Idol and/or The Voice
Justified
The Americans
Back to top Go down
Gwennie M

Number of posts : 1909
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:05 pm

So funny, Gimpy, I just found this thread again, I am going to have to take the quiz right away. All in good fun, I don't want to be Andrea either lmao
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Let us know who you come out as LOL!!!!

Does anyone watch Homeland? I love Damien Lewis, saw season one, need ot get back to it

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Gimpy, I just took the test and I'm Merle, DH is laughing lmao lmao I don't know what to say... lmao
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Oh no, I cant recall what it said about Merle but still, better Merle than Andrea and just who did DH come out as?? Or is he afraid he might be an Andrea too??

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:15 pm

He didn't take the test, but I suspect he'd be Rick, you are right though better Merle than Andrea. Sad the finale was Sunday, now must wait for new season.... DH got a Roku box so we have been trying out other shows here and there. Hard for me to just sit and watch tv though, too much to do.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:16 pm

thats why I end up renting hte series or buying it, so I can watch it when I have the time, like you I have too many other things to do normally. I really only sit friday or sunday night, cant recall whcih one it is and watch one show with mum, the one where people are looking for property in the country in the UK, apart from that I dont watch tv

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Yep, that's me! Much prefer to have a whole series and then watch as a treat all at once when I know I have the time or weather is bad. Not much good on TV anyway. Lots of shows but not a lot of imagination or good plots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:39 pm

I never rent. You rent you have to watch in their time . I want to watch in my time . If it is something I really want to watch I buy it ...TV or Movies. If I don't REALLY want it then I give it a miss. Always something better that I do REALLY want ! LOL ummmm at present I have 42 DVD's plus several series sitting here that I REALLY wanted and have yet to watch Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:40 pm

HP, some afternoon you will need to put in a DVD and put your feet up and just enjoy. I do that when I go to the lake... no time table.

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:06 am

But then I want to EAT Golo !! all those things that one doesn't normally have ! I have to be doing something while I watch. I normally sew at night with the TV on to something that I want to " watch " but it is more listening than watching. If it something that I REALLY want to see I can't concentrate on both . So f I am not sewing that only leaves eating ! Cheesy
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:33 am

the video store we use is quite good, has deals and their new releases/overnight movies the rental is actually for two nights but if you take it back after one you get it cheaper again (they just started that up giving you a reduction) I usually prefer to watch before I buy, so many I really wanted to watch and they were duds, glad I hadnt bought them. I think the only one I have sitting here I havent watched yet is The Bang Bang Club

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:59 am

Always better to watch before buying, I agree.
I'm with you Henny Penny, if I'm just sitting there because I want to actually watch instead of just listen, I want to eat or I fall asleep. No win situation. Or worse, I eat, then fall asleep. lmao I'm always so proud of myself if I can watch and not fall asleep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:01 pm

But then if I have watched it I don't have the impetus to buy. No renting does not suit my watching habits at all. I might take a week to watch a movie all the way through ! Also like you Gwennie , I am likely to fall asleep and miss half of it ! Now how is that ? yet I go to bed and can't sleep . I have gone through my cabinets of DVD's in the past to see if I can throw anything away to make more space. Have only ever got rid of a couple of things that were only cheapies. Shows I must choose well.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:33 pm

The few shows we liked to watch have wound up, Boardwalk Empire kept us so so entertained, Walking Dead is getting so so, Vikings is thankfully still going and still as good and Justified is on its last season. Tried a couple of others like True Detective etc but they did nothing for us, anyone seen any new series that show promise?

Number of posts : 6316

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:06 am

One show that I have gotten hooked on is Person of Interest. It is kinda sci-fi with computers running the world and two of them battling for control. Anyone watch POI?
Back to top Go down
memaw4

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:58 pm

Cold Justice.... true stories of murders committed and these two ladies reopen the cases and find the killer/killers and bring justice to the families.  Love, Love, Love this show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?   Today at 1:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Hooked on a TV show? Care to share?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next