The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Crocheted Hats

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
texasmusicmom

Number of posts : 6743
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:13 pm

WOWOW! Those are AWESOME.....what a lovely gift. I don't see any Procrastination going on with you (reading your signature). clap 
Back to top Go down
quiltmom9 AQM9

Number of posts : 3479
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:20 pm

So cute QBee! Love them!

coolsmiley 

Living in the beautiful Sierra Nevada of Northern California

http://community.webshots.com/user/abertquiltmom9
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:59 pm

great great great !!!!

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11391

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:18 pm

QB, Those are great! I am delighted with the range of beauty you created. They are real works of love.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19924

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:27 pm

They are great QBee, the kids will adore them and treasure them for years, the super hero ones will be a big hit too, well done. Fascinatiing how many you could get out of the yarn you bought, great colours and designs - well done Thumbup Hug 

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:13 am

I am just amazed Shocked 

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:01 pm

QBee - your fingers must just fly to get all those hats done. They are wonderful. Thumbup 
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

Number of posts : 4205

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Thank you all for admiring the hats. Sometimes I think I never grew out of the joy of Show and Tell in primary school. Very Happy  The number of hats is perhaps a bit of a sad commentary on how much time I spend sitting on my fanny. . .in front of the TV, while listening to an audio book, while riding in the car. . .Undesided 
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9483

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:26 pm

"sitting on my fanny"...

And being uber productive doing something nice for others.

I knew you wouldn't complete the profile so thought I would do it for you.

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:03 pm

Do any of us grow out of Show and Tell? I know my guild sisters and I haven't and some are in their 80's.
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:34 pm

Others sit on their duff and watch TV. YOU are productive and made a slew of hats while sitting on your duff watching TV. Good Job!

By the way, I love them all. Love the flowers on the girlie hats and what boy wouldn't want a super hero hat.
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:27 pm

86 hats are ready to go as soon as I get all the labels sewn on. Then I 'm going back to quilting, unless I get special hat requests from family. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:28 pm

Cute labels. Did you make them yourself or order them some where? 86 is awfully close to your goal of 100. That is amazing. Good work. Look at all the colors. I love them all.

I want a peek at your pattern notebook. Mine needs some re-organizing I think. And everything seems to be coming out too big lately. Got so tired of undoing, I have switched to a smaller hook. For the second time! I used to crochet too tight, everything was too small, now it is big. I am so confused???????Undesided 

http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:31 pm

TX Mary Ann - The designer whose patterns I've purchased, also crochets her designs and sells the hats at ski shops in Colorado. She puts a small ribbon label on her hats which I think adds a little extra touch. So, I ordered the labels from a woman on etsy.com. I didn't want to go through learning how to feed yards of ribbon through my printer or figure out how to cut the ribbon to heat seal the ends, so I took the easy way out and paid for the labels. ( :

I have two 2 1/2" ring binders with all of my hat and earwarmer/headband patterns. There's a labeled divider for each design so I can flip through and find just what I want. Hmmmm---it occurs to me those notebooks may well be the most organized items in my entire house. lol! 

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:32 pm

Holey Dooley - no wonder we havent seen you since you came back from Cuba, you have been burying yourself under a growing hat mountain! WOW, you have made such beautiful hats and headbanks, they are going to make so many people happy. Hug hug08 Hug hug08  What a wonderful thing you are doing QBee, just wonderful. I love the little labels too, just the perfect finishing touch, well done QBee clap 

TxMary I dont know much about crochet at all, all I ever learned was how to do some design that goes back and forth in rows like knitting and created thick baubles all along the way, the lady who taught me called it a 'blackberry' design. Anyway, I was wondering, could it be different yarns that are causing the size differences? Just a thought I had but trust me, I know nuzzing about crochet!!

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Same yarn, same idiot using it. I am leaning toward the idiot using the yarn being the problem. When I confronted the yarn for not playing nice, it just laid there all limp like it didn't do anything wrong. Yeah, yeah, always the guy with the hook at fault.  lmao

I read the instructions for making your own labels and I think you did the smart thing buying them Qbee. It seemed very fussy. My notebooks just need more dividers I think. And I need to cull out the patterns that I don't much care for. If it says bad instructions across the top, I need to toss it.

Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Mary Ann - I guess it stands to reason. . . I'm a Happy Hooker and a Loose Woman! lmao  that is, I find that I don't crochet as tightly as the pattern designers, either, so I sometimes go down one hook size or mor often adjust the number of stitches. And yes! Toss the patterns with the bad instructions!! ( :

Helen - thanks so much for your fun and special comments! It 's a bit of a funny feeling to send the hats off and not know whose heads they'll end up on or if they're making some people happy. I confess I like a little gratification by showing my hats here.
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:58 pm

QBee, we like seeing them. Somehow, I am sure they are very well received. I love the variety of hats you make.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:18 am

QBee, I imagine them adorning silky dark heads wreathed in smiles. I think they would be well treasured gifts and I sure do love seeing them, mum said to tell you she thinks you are a dynamo making that many, they really are beautiful and I get so much enjoment out of looking at each one. Laura loves the rainbow one, first pic, 2nd left, 2nd row. I love the chocolate toned one below it and the one in the second image, bottom row right hand corner, its got the contrasting band, what colour is the yarn, looks like a soft dusky mushroom pink? I like the crochet design used in it. We are all so glad you share photos with us. Im also laughing my head off at your happy hooker and loose woman comments, now that makes one think of a daring bumpersticker lmao 

TxMary Im kinda pretty sure you arent an idiot so it must be the limp lame ass yarn you have laying around your place! Maybe you need to threaten it with a trip to the cats home??

Number of posts : 6743
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:25 am

QBEE.....WOW.....I'm jealous.  Totally jealous.  I really do want to learn to do that someday....is it soothing kind of .....to sit and let the yarn feed thru your fingers and make such cute items that someone needy will enjoy?  bowing 

i really need to learn......sigh.
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6219

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:45 am

Great job, QB!
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:18 am

Well I guess I am turning into a loose woman then. Geez, you'd think I was a little old for that. lmao I thought that maybe I am more relaxed and easy going than when I was younger so I am not pulling my yarn as tight. I ran that theory past Mac, he is still laughing. Knuppel 
Well, I will just start with a smaller hook . I did that last night and so far so good.

Nancy, it is relaxing. Even when it goes wrong and I undo. I enjoy it. If a pattern is bad, no biggie. Toss it. There are too many out there to waste a lot of time and patience on something that irritates you. Pick another and go again. Its nice to know its not permanent. If it is wrong you can take it out. No wasted yarn or money.

Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:21 am

Qbee, who was your fav designer again? I have been going through my patterns and I want some with the textures that you have. I like the swirly one. Very pretty pattern. I think it would look good even in a solid color with so much texture.

I put dividers on my list. Can't believe with all the stuff around here, I didn't have any more tab dividers.

Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:05 am

Thank you, Friends!

Helen, does it get cold enough in Taz to wear hats? I like your color description. . .I do think that yarn is dusty mushroom pink.

Nancy - I find it very relaxing. I'm a bit of an ants-in-my-pants kind of woman. I like sitting fairly still other than the crochet hook moving, while riding in the car, watching TV, or listening to an Audible book. I need to be careful listening to a book, though, or I find opportunities to uncrochet. Evidently I can't thoroughly concentrate on counting stitches and listening at the same time. The good thing about uncrocheting is that it goes quickly. Hmmm---you'd like to learn to crochet and I'd like to see SC. Thinking. Thinking. Undesided

Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:13 am

Mary Ann - http://www.ravelry.com/designers/liz-mcqueen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Hats   Today at 5:56 pm

Back to top Go down

Crocheted Hats
View previous topic View next topic Back to top