The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Accuquilt cut alongs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lowjane

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2012-09-02

PostSubject: Accuquilt cut alongs   Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:48 pm

SO I opened my big mouth again!!!

I have an accuquilt and about a dozen dies more or less. I am watching the banter on the Accuquilt facebook site and I decide I should host a cut along in my home town, Introducing myself to anyone that is willing to travel and have fun for a day, My hubby has volunteered to feed the brood of quilters..........................

I suggested that since the dies are so pricey maybe we could learn to share. By hosting a cut along we can share dies and keep an eye on what is ours and then share but really for our own use not to be used by people who would want to cut out thirty quilts with one die so that they can make a profit by selling kits or teaching classes... The challenge is on............ so far I have seen interest in 11 states and 2 on the Canadian side of the border.

My hubby is wondering when Accuquilt will come knocking at my door.
I can't wait to share my accuquilt dies and make some new quilting buddies.....

Bail money anyone?

Jane

Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9694
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Accuquilt cut alongs   Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Sounds like a good idea. I hope it all works out and you can have a great sharing day.

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20315
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Accuquilt cut alongs   Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:33 pm

that sounds like a lot of fun Jane, what a great idea, will hubby hide when the horde decends? Will he throw the food as a decoy and make his escape?? Make sure you take pics when it happens, would love to see your day  Very Happy 

PostSubject: Re: Accuquilt cut alongs   Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:52 pm

oh my hubby loves the ladies! He really appreciates the work that we all put into our craft and is very keen on learning how we make things, how to incorporate design and he knows the hours we put in for no pay, When I had my fibre guild to our house he conducted tours of the house, gave a history lesson on the area of the Ottawa river that we live on and was down right entertaining. When we had our " meeting" he vamoosed with his electronics but returned in time for his culinary skills to take shape. When I have friends over he serves Tea and the ladies love him. WE had never seen an accuquilt until Ben did as I was meandering through a quilt show. He insisted that i get one, I hummed and hawed and about a week later purchased one. Oh how I love it!

Let the fun begin I am sure that I will have my " day " set in mid July so that I can have some lead in time and some organization before the fun event! I am going to list who will attend and the dies that are coming so people know ahead of time and can pick their favorites and their fabric, Then I have to think about how long each person would be allowed to play with a die so that there are no long waiting lines! Or at least I won't have to break up any fights. LOL

We will have a great time I am sure
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Accuquilt cut alongs   Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:52 pm

So is hubby planning a menu, what kind of things will he make? Sounds like he is a great host, sure would be fun to join you for the day. What kind of electronics does he play with? Perhaps put a time limit on each die?

PostSubject: Re: Accuquilt cut alongs   Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Ben is a systems engineer and had worked for 38 years for the Gov't of Canada in the Mapping Division,. He taught intro to computer science courses at community college in the early years. He has a collection of computers, androids, iphones etc, Oh and then there are the security cameras that are hotlinked around the house and property. It keeps him entertained

Our last gig we had

4 types of salad- crsip, potato and 3 bean and green lime with cottage cheese
fruit - grapes and melons
a galllon of Chilli
finger sandwiches
Several squares and ice cream
not to be forgotten coffee and Tea.

I think that this summer he will do a grill of some sort- depends on how many we have, He likes to do a sit down and I like to do buffets so that I can visit more and I can prepare food a little earlier. Last time I had 25 for lunch!

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Accuquilt cut alongs   Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:58 pm

Ok well Im coming to your place, Ben, please can I come???? Wow, thats a man you have there, bet all the gals love coming to party at your place! That sounds like an interesting job he has, I saw an article here recently, they showed a group of 6yr olds (dont know where) old computers, they threw tantrums because they couldnt work out how to turn them on and didnt realise the monitor had to be turned on too, things sure have changed. Apparently the boys were more curious, the girls just threw hissy fits. I hope you get a good turnout, really sounds like a fun day, Im envious!

Number of posts : 9694
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Accuquilt cut alongs   Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:47 am

Gimpy Cat wrote:
that sounds like a lot of fun Jane, what a great idea, will hubby hide when the horde decends? Will he throw the food as a decoy and make his escape?? Make sure you take pics when it happens, would love to see your day  Very Happy 

lmao lmao lmao 
Mac would.

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
lowjane

PostSubject: Re: Accuquilt cut alongs   Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 am

One day a friends kid came over and he mentioned he wanted a " relic" part Ben said hold on and went and got the 30 year old joy stick. the kids response was that he had only seen one in a museum before, AHHA that did not help my plea to get rid of that old junk he is hoarding in the garage!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Accuquilt cut alongs   Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:07 pm

hahahahahahhah oh thats funny, actually no its not, well it kinda is............... lmao 

PostSubject: Re: Accuquilt cut alongs   Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:20 pm

I just keep rubbing it in that he is 14 years my senior.................. Yep I get lots of faces- you know that kind with the tongue sticking out! azn 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accuquilt cut alongs   Today at 5:26 am

Back to top Go down

Accuquilt cut alongs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1