The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
quiltmom9 AQM9

Number of posts : 3497
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:15 am

Please post your Likes and Dislikes for your Secret Santa.

ss

My likes:

I like most everything, totally easy.....

I live in the Sierra Nevada in California, home is decorated in Earth tones.
I collect bear artwork, snowmen, and xmas ornaments.

I love anything I receive, totally appreciate everyone's gifts through the years.

Hugs to all,

Alicia

Living in the beautiful Sierra Nevada of Northern California

http://community.webshots.com/user/abertquiltmom9

Last edited by quiltmom9 AQM9 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:56 am

Bedroom: Earth tones. Would love a table runner to put on the dresser. Also would love Christmas pillow cases.

Kitchen: Green/taupe. I'm thinking of going to cloth napkins rather than paper ones. Just a mix of all different fabrics would fit that bill. Also would love to have embellished flour sack towels. I love those and have made them to lots of people as gifts, but alas not for myself.

Living room, dining room: taupe and red (deep red). I really love Christmas tree ornaments. Those can be any colors as my dress is all different ornaments.

Family room: Browns. I could use reds in there as I love red and that room is TOTALLY boring. 18" pillow covers would be great. I have the pillows, but not the covers.
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6318

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:16 am

Luvs, what shade of green? Those can go all over the chart!
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9468

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:15 pm

Also, is that 18" sq. pillow cases? †Looking back I'm guessing it is, but just wanta be sure.

(I'll post my list later on.)
Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

Number of posts : 3396

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:21 pm

I like Purple, Blue and Green in that order. Pink not so much! But I do like mauve and rose. I donít hate any colors.
I like blender fabric the best. I like cotton fabric the best.
I donít like Civil War, Large Prints, Novelty, Retro, or 30ís.
Favorite block is the log cabin.
I am not a collector. A little of this and that kinda girl. Though, I do like usual pin cushions.
I can always use things for the kitchen(Olive green and Red Brick) or bathroom(Olive and Mustard). The only thing I donít need is towels. I have enough of those to last a life time! I went thru a Tea towel phase!
I donít have a favorite theme or holiday. I donít like western style.
I like Gardening(flower, plants, veggies, all of it!), persevering, reading, quilting and all manner of crafts. Love trying new things.
Iím into all natural products. I make my own toothpaste, hair, body, laundry and dishwashing products.
I love coffee but not favored.
Back to top Go down
redmadder

Number of posts : 3403

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:31 pm

My tastes are varied and I don't decorate. †Anything someone makes for me will be very appreciated.

This was my original post. But: I like Civil War, 1930s, and small prints. All colors. Its just that I did appreciate a starting point from the person I'm making something for.

Last edited by redmadder on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:54 am

Love the new bright colors.. modern designs...
do not like civil war colors...

BUT.. you make it I'll love it

Black/white,lime green, sky blue†† teal

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
redwork

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:29 am

Love all fabric and colors except civil war or 30's fabric.
Love lighthouses, covered bridges, barns and salt and pepper shakers.
Round table toppers (have round table) , pillow cases
Favorite colors turquoise, teal, red, purple, aqua, yellow
Batiks
Anything you make I will love it
Back to top Go down
jennQT

Number of posts : 217

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:33 am

I love anything that someone makes for me :)

I love all fabric except civil war (find it drab)
My house colours change by the room but the primary colours are dark green and light yellow (I love colour)
I also enjoy besides sewing.....knitting, cooking, baking, gardening and reading.
Hate coffee but love tea

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Jill

Number of posts : 4400
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:04 pm

I like Civil War fabrics, about anything except orange. My favorites are navy, forest greens and burgundy. I'm beginning to like batiks (can't believe I'm saying that!), but actually anything anyone makes I will enjoy and appreciate.
Back to top Go down
betweens

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2013-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:54 am

I have a mish mash of everything, mostly antique.

I love mini quilts and I love hand quilted, even if the stitches are big and uneven it only adds character, for those that are beginning and never quilted this is your challenge.

I am not much into modern stuff but am learning to like it. I am not a fussy person really, I don't think I know myself enough to really say my likes and dislikes.

Can never have enough, pincushions, needle keeps or carry bags. I like hand made more than anything of anything.

needs are always seam rippers (drats on that..LOL)mechanical pencils applique needles, quilting needles (hiroshima needles #10) patterns,
such as mini quilts or such mags can be regifted don't mind used at all, so if there are old Quiltmania's you don't want, or Primitive Quilts, McCalls quilting...

Colors i am not fussy at all but love a very scrappy look so use your imagination, be creative and that is what I would enjoy most...hope this is just as clear a mud†ThudUndesideddohaznwhewhahaha

Last edited by betweens on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9468

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:59 pm

I love to paper piece mini quilts, wall hangings, table toppers.

Love about any color, but favorites are, blues, purples, deep gold to light yellow, greens, browns, rose to burgundy.† I love a small†floral print.† I'm not into bright†brights.† I'm a pastel person. † Love traditional.

I do drink coffee and iced tea, so a mug rug would be lovely.†

I LOVE handmade items.† To me its a gift from the HEART made with love for that special person.†† I'm not picky and will LOVE †ANYTHING †I get from my SS.

Last edited by memaw4 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:13 pm

The walls are green, but I'm going to have to rethink that as I'm going to paint the living room after the first of the year.
This is the color I'm going with. †The rug in this room looks just about like the one in the adjacent dining room.

Also, this is very similar to the color of the rug that's in the living room.
Back to top Go down
hummerlou

Number of posts : 3935

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:14 am

Favorite color: blues and purples
Favorite Block Style: intricate/paper-pieced and traditional
Favorite Era: Current
Favorite Designer: Jinny Beyer, McKenna Ryan, Carol Doak
Favorite Fabric Type: Jewel tones and batiks
Most disliked color: drab greens and pastels
Definately dislike: most repros, cws
Kitchen color: mostly browns with black appliances; love pops of color. Currently blues/reds
Back to top Go down
texasmusicmom

Number of posts : 6795
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:13 pm

Favorite colors.....creamy yellow and soft greens (bedroom sage green)
Collect angels, pie birds †Have antiques mixed with modern traditional
Like modern style quilts....but not the really weird ones lol.
Fabric colors: creamy yellows, greens, black/white/red, brick and dark reds and coordinating colors .....really anything...fabricholic! †
Not big into blue, orange, pink purple. Not into calico/small florals, civil war, 30's.
Like paisleys, big prints, stripes, larger florals, geometrics, love batiks, & cute fabric appropriate for children's quilts.

Love kitchen gadgets, hot pads, fun kitchen towels, sewing and quilting gadgets, pretty threads, patterns (don't mind used!) Big into quilt as you go. Just got a new to me embroidery machine, so any books, threads or supplies for that is great. †Used books are ok!!

Sewing room is creamy yellow! (Big surprise lol)

Not much into knicknack stuff...kind of weeding that out.

Love coffees and hot and iced teas....mugs and mug rugs and hot cold drink glasses (thermal).

Like scented candles (spice, vanilla, fruit scents...no florals.)

16 or 18 inch holiday themed pillow covers or small table toppers would also be great!

Last edited by texasmusicmom on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9696

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:35 pm

Hmmmm, I do like Holiday themed items. Seem to have a lot of Christmas and Halloween, but not as much other Holidays for some reason.

My kitchen dining room is a softer sage green/yellow combo.
My dining table is oval and not so big so smaller table toppers work best on it.

Living room is kinda a mess right now. Coffee tables gone, etc because of Logan. I have 18" pillows on the couch. Plain dark red couch so † † anything goes really. When (if) we get around to redoing it, it will be a more Texas/western theme.

Bathroom-ugh, where to begin. It needs updating bad so if I get something for the bathroom, maybe it will inspire my decorating choices because I am clueless where to begin.

I love Mary Engelbreit. Her colors and patterns are always so happy. I like her pincushions too. I have a yellow chair and a black/white checkered purse pincushion. Love her calenders.

I only note these things to maybe help a little. I am not picky. I love hand made. Heck if all else fails, send chocolate. That's never wrong. But not caramel. That's wrong. †winking

Cassie likes sunflowers, cupcakes (real ones and crafty ones LOL). She likes Texas/ western too. She loves Halloween and Christmas and her cat Spooky. Her bedroom is oriental.

She is like her mom and has eclectic and varied tastes. She has been taught to appreciate the beauty in hand made gifts and loves everything she is given. Me too!

Thank you Helen for reminding me-NO primitive. Same reason.

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697

Last edited by TxMaryQuilts on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gwennie M

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:15 am

Dislikes: anything too modern, I like old fashioned so any quilty thing will do!! I agree with the others who just appreciate the thought behind giving me something from friends.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20322

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:46 am

Undesided† what to say, hmmmmmmmmm. Dislikes? I dont like 30's fabrics or Sun Bonnet Sues (yup I said that, poor SBS, she is sweet but just not my cuppa tea!) Speaking of tea, I like herbal and fruit teas, just not black tea. I like white and dark chocolate and mint flavoured, always been a mint addict in any form. Id like to decorate more for xmas and have decided to have some fun and decorate for easter & halloween. Halloween isnt a big thing here but Laura loves it and has a tea party every alternate year so cushion covers 18", table runners, wall hangings, stuff to decorate with would be fun. Placemats, they would be cool! I love snowmen and squirrels, kitties and nature but I dont like primitive style stuff, it gives me the creeps. †I like to garden, cook & read. My appliqued tea towels are getting ragged and I need new ones, I love mini quilts and Id like to have some pretty pillowcases to decorate for the holidays too. I like repro and civil war fabrics, flannel, batiks etc, Im not a pastel kinda gal (unless its a spring themed item) and I dont like purple. I love McKenna Ryan wildlife & farm designs, Fig Tree & Co designs, repro and heritage designs etc, any old patterns you dont want I love to share. I love winter and snowflakes, I love wax candle tart melts, not florals or linen style but spice scented, fruit or holiday scented. I kind of collect bookmarks love seasonally themed things. Hope that helps some

PS I was just tidying up my lounge room, decided Ive had enough of the quilts on the couch and winter and the place needs to feel fresher and more spring-ish, well I only have one small toddler quilt that is in spring colourI need to make something myself, Nancy Halvorsen is another designer I love too (spring made me think of her!)

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:36 am

HI all,
Yep not much has changed

Favourite Colour - I have to say burgundy, cherry reds, greens. and blues I suppose that covers most colors lol.

Favourite Block Style - love the look of chimney sweep one day i will make such a simple quilt and stars

Favourite Era - 1800's , civil war. and christmas
Favourite Fabric Designer - french general
Favourite Fabric Type - cotton and flannel
Most hated colour - really dont' have one
Definatley Dislike - Not into mordern art.
Other interest I would like to try pumkin spieced coffee.
candles cats, chickens and teapots. Most things country too.
Oh dear this list could go on forever lol

Im a country girl at heart easy to get along with. I cherish all gifts made or bought, it's the thought that comes with it I like.

cheers

Last edited by shemoocows on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20322

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:20 am

Here is the info for my mum, Bev, who is participating in the swap. I thought that seeing as she can't use the internet I could put her answers here, so here is Bevs

Favourite Colour - Rich vibrant jewel tones, bright
Favourite Block Style - Love them all especially crazy patchwork
Favourite Era - Modern & Retro
Favourite Fabric Designer - Kaffe Fasset & Amy Butler
Favourite Fabric Type - Cotton

Most hated colour - none
Definatley Dislike- nothing
Favourite Holiday symbols - angels and santas

I like to collect Nativity Sets & Angels. I scrap book and am always trying to find cat themed stickers etc for scrapbooking, its really hard in australia to find them. My house is painted in cream, I have soft blue ceilings and two feature walls that are a soft cocoa. Im using red for accents. I love embellishments, buttons, beads, embroidery, ribbon, silks - anything I love everything and love rich bold bright colours :rainbow: cat3

Number of posts : 1062
Registration date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:35 am

Hi, Minasan! (Everyone) I'm so excited to be participating in the Secret Santa Swap. Here are some of my likes and dislikes.

I could have copied a lot of Helen's answer! I don't like 30's fabrics or Sun Bonnet Sues either! I'm a Civil War and Reproduction fabric nut - actually, I'm a Jo Morton Junkie! I'm not into bright, pastels, or modern stuff. I'm pretty traditional. I do like flannel, but muted like the repro fabrics are, and some batiks, usually blue or bluish ones. Mostly I just use good cottons. I'm not into fancy or foo foo stuff (as my daughters call it!)

My absolute favorite color is slate blue, but I do like all blues except when they turn to turquoise - then they are not for me. I absolutely detest purple - I think my mother raised me to hate royalty or something!

I like Christmas stuff like table mats and runners with snowmen and snowflakes - I'm still going to finish up my UFO tree skirt one of these years! I like small ornaments - I'm really into little things. Most of my quilts are small ones except for specifically made-for-a-bed ones. I'm not into primitive stuff either - I guess I like "cute." I like anything with mothers and babies on it - I worked with mothers and babies for 45 years so they have a place in my heart. I don't do embellishments.

I don't do scents or flowers - either smell or fabric. I do like applique and even some of the wool on cotton applique patterns I've seen. Other than Jo Morton, some of my favorite designers are Pam Buda, and the Red Button Quilt Company (lots of little stuff!)

I like to do hand work, counted cross stitch, read, and I used to make baskets, toll paint, and build miniature furniture for doll houses. I don't like mysteries, mostly I read chick novels, or some really good novels but no violence - I guess I'm too sensitive, I get nightmares. I love a really good cup of coffee - once in a while a cup of tea - English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Peach flavored - and I love caramel, especially when together with chocolate!

Geez, this makes me sound really picky but I promise I will love whatever I get. Thanks for having me in your swap; I know I'll have a great time! Hope everyone else does too!

Back to top Go down
Puma Girl

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:03 am

what i don't like
I don't like pinks and purples. Hate monkeys they scare me.
Yuk don't like onions.

Do like,
cats,chickens,dogs,animals,orange,blue,red,yellow. I love reading. My favorite sweet treat is candy corn.
I like pillow cases and cushion covers and wall hangings. I could use book marks. i love stuffed animals.

Back to top Go down
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:19 am

I always feel kinda funny putting down what I don't like because I like things people send me.†
However, I will post a few things for guidance.....† geek

Things I like....
Western, cowboy
chocolate
placemats
table runners
batiks, jewel tones, Fall colors†
geometric prints
Halloween
quilting gadgets

Things I don't like....
pastels, pink
modern prints

Things I don't need...
wallhangings
pillow cases
panels
novelty prints
Christmas fabric
thread
patterns/books
rulers
kits
towels
nick nacks

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:42 am

Will be posting mine soon., Need to measure something.
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:42 am

OK,here goes...

My house is decorated in a bluiish green,think of blue spruce pines. I like to put a dusty kind of pink with it. I have a small 35" x 15" table in the hallway I have been putting seasonal toppers on. Also seasonal wallhangings. I have Christmas and January covered. I love seasonal wallhangings - I have some 12" hangers.

I love coffee,. mug rugs and tea towels. Also dark chocolate.

My favorite colors would be a Thimbleberries palette - dark rich reds, dark blues and dark greens. The color that calls to be in a rich dark red. Redwork color.

Favorite style is traditional most of the time. Not into artsy much. I love applique and trying to get better at it.

Favorite block - I wanty to make a tree block quilt with different tree blocks. There are a ton of tree blocks! I really like lattice style quilts and 9 patches.

Fabric - cotton and flannel.

I like turtles and snails , redwork, gadgets and patterns, especially redwork.

Things I am not fond of are muted colors, sunbonnet Sue and sock monkeys.

Any questions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves   Today at 3:15 am

Back to top Go down

Secret Santa Swap December 2014 Likes and Dislikes for Santa's Elves
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next