The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Summer Themed Mystery Swap

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
QBee - Mary Ann

Number of posts : 4205
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:53 pm

TxM said the more the merrier, so please sign me up. I'm Merry Ann. I would like applique please. Sorry, I'm not so sexy or cute as some of you. This is the best I can do at movin' and shakin'.  
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19917
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Oh Im so glad you have both joined Redmadder and QBee, there is plenty of time to make our blocks, no fuss or pressure, just some fun. QBee I have to say, I rather like your dancing bee!

TMM, go on join us, you dont have to make your blocks before the new year, it would give you a fun project to look forward to 'on the other side of hectic' when you get your life back. The blocks wont be due to be swapped until 2015, we knew a lot of people had a lot coming up. That way there is no pressure with the coming holidays and busy times for everyone. (did you feel a twinge of guilt?)

Well we have 12 so far, this really will be fun and its a lovely project. Dont forget, at the end if you dont want to make a quilt you can use the blocks you recieve in different ways. You could make pillow covers, table runners, mini quilts, use some for placemats, make gifts - oh there are lots of things you could do with some beautiful blocks!!

Ok Redmadder, I wasnt gonna do it but I just had to, the devil himself has hold of my tail this morn' and well, I just couldnt resist this pic. Nope, its not supposed to represent you at all - its who has been living in your kitchen cupboard and grabbed your foot the other night, a good ol' southern boy!!!!

Memaw, what can I say, you nearly choked me on my cup of tea when I read your comment lmao lmao lmao lmao thanks for offering to do either applique or pieced Thumbup

Number of posts : 9483

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Yippee, so glad you joined us Mz Bee. Looks like you can shake that stinger pretty good. lmao

Wow, TMM, I am so glad Helen didn't lay it on TOO thick. Can you tell we want a lot of participants?

Stella, I hate to say it but if you hear banjo music, it is sooooo time to move. Shocked

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:50 pm

TxMaryQuilts wrote:
Stella, I hate to say it but if you hear banjo music, it is sooooo time to move. Shocked

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-09-01

PostSubject: Here I am   Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:11 am

Okay, I guess I will get in on this. I am a very novice quilter (I have made 2 lap quilts) and I would prefer to piece unless each block has 500 teeny tiny squares. Thud Where do I post my information for you? Had a heck of a time figuring out where to post this! Are you absolutely sure you want to put material in my hands?

All of this is new to me so please be very specific unless you want to hear from me every other day. We can be BFF. So now that I have made my commitment what do I do now?
Cindee Hug
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:26 am

Good for you Cindee. Welcome. clap At the top of the page look for the messages button, 2nd line, over to the right. Actually reads "you have no new messages". (Unless of course you do have a message, then it tells you how many geek )

When you get to messages page, click on new post. Fill in the user name. Must be exact. Here is mine, TxMaryQuilts. Then put Summer Swap in the subject box. Don't worry about the user group box, not needed. Then type in your info, check Helen's previous post for exactly what is needed, and hit send. That's all that is needed.

And ask all the questions you want to. Someone will always try to help. We do not mind at all.

http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
Cindee P

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:09 am

Well that was a bust. Apparently I can't send a message until  have been a member 7 days. I wonder why? I swear I am not a terrorist! Is the CIA going to come and get me? Will you all come and see me when I am in jail? police
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9370

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:15 am

Why can't she send a message TxMary?   7 day wait?      Undesided Hmmmm, verly interesting darling........ 

NO quilty police around here Cindee....... but we can be a bunch of nut cases!  lol! lmao

coffeecupNO choking allowed Gimpy! coffeecup
Back to top Go down
redwork

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:31 pm

I have a question after the swap is over will  we be able to get a copy of the other patterns.
Redwork
Back to top Go down
sewn3w

Number of posts : 4917
Registration date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Cindee if you go to jail I promise this bunch will make a road trip out of the adventure tovisit and probably break you out with a seam ripper.
RV

Okay Ladies whose up for a ROADTRIP???
Back to top Go down
QBee - Mary Ann

Number of posts : 4205

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:42 pm

I'm in! Ohio Jail Babe, here we come!!
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:49 pm

I am so sorry Cindee, I totally forgot the 7 day thing.( Actually, not sure I ever knew Undesided  ) I will send you a message with my email and you can email the info to me.

No, no, no, no one is going to jail. But we can do a road trip anyway. I'm sure our DHs wouldn't mind, especially if we told them we were going to break a fellow quilter out of jail. They'd probably figure the jail deserved it! lmao lmao lmao

Ok, I sent you a message. Check that same spot at the top to see if you have a message. You can also set your acct to send you an email whenever you get a message. You can find that option under Profile. Let me know if they don't let you get mail either.

Back to top Go down
breezepines2002

Number of posts : 1821

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:10 pm

sounds like fun, count me in,,i'm usually busy but never to busy to join in with the swaps have so many of the past ones and they were so much fun. as for me I'm a applique person.. so bring it on.
Back to top Go down
memaw4

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:19 pm

I'm always ready for a "road trip!"  

Woohoo, add another one to the mix!    This is gonna be "sew" much fun.....  when's the cut off date for sign up?
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:24 pm

All right Breezie. That's great. Be sure to send us all your info to confirm your spot. This is gonna be fun y'all.

Memaw, we didn't set a cut off. Guess Helen and I will figure it out as we go. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:58 pm

Cindee, the 7 day hold on posting messages is a security thing to deter spammers/advertisers/junk mail nasty internet people from joining then flooding the forum with their rubbish. Were you able to email TxMary ok? So glad you joined, this is for all skill levels and we were all new to quilting once, dont feel awkward and ask as many questions as you like, I do, you dont know if you dont ask and if you forget, ask, ask again, we dont mind!!

Bonnie so glad you have joined, this will be fun.

Redwork if you would like a copy of the full design, include a note when you send your blocks in, more than happy to arrange to get that out to you

Number of posts : 3372

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:53 pm

That nasty little devil is still here, ran over my foot this morning. This time he hasn't eaten the bait from the trap, hasn't tripped them either. He could well be a musician, cheeky little beggar. Yeah, if I hear dueling banjos from the under the stove, we'll just quietly light some matches and leave for the day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
redmadder

Number of posts : 3372

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:56 pm

Cindy, seven days will go by quickly. Remember this isn't due till after New Years sometime. And we've been known to provide step by step tutorials. Some of us technically proficient get all thumbs over some patterns.
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:18 pm

Sounds like you have a smart mouse on your hands RM. Hope you catch him soon. Annoying having them around.

See Cindee, everyone is ready to help any way we can. I think you'll enjoy it.

Back to top Go down
memaw4

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:09 am

redmadder wrote:
Cindy, seven days will go by quickly.  Remember this isn't due till after New Years sometime.  And we've been known to provide step by step tutorials.  Some of us technically proficient get all thumbs over some patterns.
Cindee, that'd be me..... lmao   if a pattern could be messed up I could do it........
Back to top Go down
Cindee P

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:38 am

I am going to pester all of you be assured. (And then I do what?) What do you mean the points have to match? It's just a little wonkie.
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:51 pm

I think we have made those statements. lol!

I got your email, got your info and you are locked in. Helen and I will be sure you get the hardest easiest block. Cheesy

Back to top Go down
memaw4

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:51 pm

I may ask for the entire pattern too if that's OK?  

Is there an updated on how many has now joined?   I know I could go back and count, but I'm leaving that to the "Professionals".   Cheesy
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:29 pm

Woo Hoo dance dance dance Golo is going to join us too (she is currently away from home with DH who has had surgery to remove two tumors and is doing ok) dance hug08 So gald you can join Golo!

OK, we are up to 15 swappers, seems like a great number, waiting to hear if TMM can be coerced Knuppel Knuppel Knuppel into joining, then I think thats everyone you might be able to join accounted for!

Has anyone seen TMM? I need a word with her.................... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Strike out that last number I gave, we are now up to 16!! chatting sewing2 Cheesy Jill has joined the swap, WOO HOO, this is going to be so much fun, so glad you joined us Jill clap clap clap

PostSubject: Re: Summer Themed Mystery Swap    Today at 11:14 am

Back to top Go down

Summer Themed Mystery Swap
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next