The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Number of posts : 4340
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Well, I for one think we need to figure out a way Gimpy can participate without feeling pressured. I can't imagine having a friendship quilt without her name on it, too!
Back to top Go down
quiltmom9 AQM9

Number of posts : 3479
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:09 am

I agree Jill !

We can put the date of receipt later in the year!

Living in the beautiful Sierra Nevada of Northern California

http://community.webshots.com/user/abertquiltmom9
Back to top Go down
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:28 am

I, too, am wondering about the time frame with this since i am still trying to get the summer block swap done.... can you enlighten me as to the dates and such?

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
quiltmom9 AQM9

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:37 am

We're still figuring all that out Mamu, looking for suggestions from everyone.

Back to top Go down
redmadder

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:43 am

My suggestion is the end of July. Here it will be so hot all I'll want to do is stay inside and sew.
Back to top Go down
quiltmom9 AQM9

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:49 am

Believe me I'm not flaking on anyone, but does someone want to take the helm on this Friendship Swap?

I want to participate, but I've been running the Secret Santa Swaps and I don't want to be a Swap hog.

Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2251

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:57 am

redmadder wrote:
My suggestion is the end of July.  Here it will be so hot all I'll want to do is stay inside and sew.

I'll agree to that! Now I need to go find out if a due date has been set for the Summer Mystery swap...

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:40 am

OKAY! I will try to manage this for everyone... We are looking at

Scrappy with cream background
both blocks can be done so just specify which block you want
Signing Name..Location... Year and nickname ... I would sign mine Gloria Charlton, Grafton ND 2015 "Golo" or something to that effect
We will send the blocks individually to each person.... no middle man here except for TXM offer to send to Oz... (thank you) Send $$ with your block to help out with freight..
We can always start on quilt and determine an end date later in the year when everyone has a handle on what they are doing.. We want everyone to join because this is our Friendship quilt for this site... so we will make it an easy on everyone as we can..
Everyone must come on the site and specify which block they want...

Please let me know what other info you need... Very Happy

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:53 am

Gloria - star block

Anita - star block

Alicia- star Block

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Jill

Number of posts : 4340
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:58 pm

I'll do the star block, too.
Back to top Go down
texasmusicmom

Number of posts : 6742
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:25 pm

I'll do TxMary's scrappy block.
Back to top Go down
Mouse

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:06 am

I think I like the signature block .... Not sure how I would go with all the points .... Do we have any idea on colours - scrappy with white / cream? One block for each participant (15 I think)???
Back to top Go down
redmadder

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:56 am

Star block.
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2251

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:48 am

Thank you for taking on this swap, golo.

When you want us to choose between blocks, is that what we want to DO or what we want to receive?

eta: And we're not making any changes to the size of the blocks? (Star is 12", other is 6")

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

Number of posts : 12590

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:00 am

I like the star but will 15 be enough for a quilt?? How come there is such a difference in the sizes??
Are we supposed to send every one the one they name or what?? This is a bit confusing yet. Golo, when it's all straightened up can we have the pattern right with the names so we don't have to search all over too??

The hurrier I go the behinder I get!
http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/suziq-41/
Back to top Go down
redmadder

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:12 pm

Each signature block requires a center strip, cream colored, 9 1/2 inches long, signed.  And a 6 1/2 inch block which gets cut in half.

I'd like to see EVERYBODY included so badly that I will volunteer to collect the blocks and mail them out to everyone. 

But I'm not done.  If you do not have time to make a bunch of blocks, send me the center strips signed and enough fabric to make all the blocks and I will make them for you.

So lets say that this results in 30 people signing up.  (We won't know yet how many).  One yard of fabric will yield 30 6 1/2 inch squares.  (Plus a couple of scrap strips).

Those people who want to make stars, well, can't volunteer for those but I will be making them. 

Whadda ya say?  Any takers?  Remember I'm the one who made 800 miniature blocks.  And now I've got my sewing room arranged.  I neeeeed a challenge.
Back to top Go down
redmadder

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:43 pm

Embarassed Embarassed Make that a 5 1/2 inch square.  So 35 squares to a yard.
Back to top Go down
sewn3w

Number of posts : 4906
Registration date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:51 pm

Overwhelmed right now , like scrappy, can't afford to make decisions in my state of mind. I will chime in later?
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9474

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:23 pm

I'm sorry, I totally missed the fact that the scrappy one I chose is small.  Embarassed  I think we should drop it from the options.  All the same size would be easier for everyone to put together I am sure. I should learn to read and not just look at pictures with no reference to size. I am sorry to those who liked it. I just wasn't thinking.  cry2

Mouse, the points are not hard to do at all. They are made using half square triangles, so there are no triangles to deal with. The pattern shows you one method but you can Google others. I usually make mine just a touch larger so I can square them up nicely. For instance with her method I would use 4" by 16" strips to give myself a bit of leeway so I could trim them to 3 1/2" when done. It could also be done with a flying geese method like this one:
http://www.patchpieces.com/files/flyinggeese.pdf

You get four flying geese which equals one star. It's a great method and I use it a lot.

Norma, sometimes we just have to make a few extras to make a quilt the size we want when we don't have enough participants. You could add names to the extra blocks to honor friends who are no longer with us.

End of July would be doable. Don't want to overlap the other swap and cause any stress. I will get with Helen ASAP and announce a due date for the other swap. Definitely want as many participants as possible in this one.
Gloria, thanks for volunteering to hostess. Sweet of you. Alicia, you are never a swap hog (but I like the name LOL). You always try to find ways to get everyone involved in activities by having fun things to do. You are great. hug08

Once again, I am sorry I threw a wrench in the works with a small block.

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697

Last edited by TxMaryQuilts on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9360

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:42 pm

I think we all need to give TxMary 50 lashes with a wet noodle!   My goodness girl if this is all you ever do to us please don't worry about it.  Your forgiven...... Very Happy

I'd do the STAR  block myself.  I love stars. I have trouble with those points too Norma.  I'll be using TxMary's advice she has posted on here too.  Thanks MaryAnn.
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:23 pm

TMM, thank you for the instructions for the flying geese. These are included in one of my quilt patterns for a class I took. Every time I want to make flying geese, I have to hunt up that pattern. Now I have separate instructions.
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

Number of posts : 12590

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:07 pm

I'll just be glad when we know for sure what we are doing. I haven't sewen for over a year and a half and would like to get going. It seems like this is the hardest part, trying to figure exactly what we are doing and all the rules, so we can start. I've got several UFO's I want to get done but don't want to have to start and stop on these or they may never get done.

The hurrier I go the behinder I get!
http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/suziq-41/
Back to top Go down
quiltmom9 AQM9

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:40 pm

Golo, thank you for taking the lead on this Swap.  Thank you again.

Cheesy Hug

I think fresh ideas, and different members running swaps is wonderful!

placard

Back to top Go down
redmadder

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:33 am

Well sure, I'd be happy to redistribute the blocks.
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9474

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:20 am

redmadder wrote:
Well sure, I'd be happy to redistribute the blocks.

Ha Ha, after I read this I panicked and wondered if I wrote the wrong name. So I went back and checked and phew, you were the one who said you'd collect them. I was so afraid I volunteered the wrong person. lmao lmao lmao I can sure tell it's Monday and Logan is back!

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Today at 9:50 pm

Back to top Go down

Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next