The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Book I'm Reading

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Anita M.

Number of posts : 6217
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Book I'm Reading   Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:49 pm

Oh,they are,memaw! I. Got them from the library.
Back to top Go down
slumbersoft

Number of posts : 2113
Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:24 pm

Here's the actor to play Jamie Fraser in the Starz Outlander series.  He is 6"3", blue eyes, dyed red hair, and is Scottish. I have seen a couple of trailers and think he looks good for the part. I'm excited! 

Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9373

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Is "he" for hire?    Just askin'........    lol!  lmao    I ain't dead yet! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Marian

Number of posts : 4989

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:53 pm

Heading to the library later or in the morning for a couple of good books to read!

Marian in Ohio
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19924
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:13 am

memaw4 wrote:
Is "he" for hire?    Just askin'........    lol!  lmao    I ain't dead yet! Shocked

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao 
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:27 am

Last night I stayed up until 2 a.m. to finish "Trust Me On This" by Jennifer Crusie.

Jennifer Crusie is my guilty pleasure author. I don't do romance books, but hers make me laugh - a lot.

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
slumbersoft

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Tue May 13, 2014 7:02 pm

Anybody read Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple or Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn?  They are both on our book club list and I just couldn't get into the first one and have now stopped trying. I will go to the mtg. and say I didn't finish it. I mentioned it on another thread and was trying to continue with it but have now officially given up. Gone Girl is a best seller, I think, so just wondering before I sign up for that month but I already have the book. Someone gave it to me.  Our librarian for the club quit so this is another club and mostly mysteries, I think. I haven't been yet, but I really liked the old one.

Also, I am reading The Fiery Cross #5 of Outlander so just don't want to read something I don't enjoy when I Want to read that.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Tue May 13, 2014 8:56 pm

Bobbie, life if just too short to waste precious time reading stuff we dont like, so glad you ditched them, Ive never heard of either of them sorry. I will toss a book with a chapter to go if it goes downhill, I just wont waste my time, too many other good books to be enjoying  :readingsmilie: 

I just read Night Broken by Patricia Briggs, have almost finished Up From The Grave by Jeaniene Frost and then I have to read Through The Cracks by Honey Brown, an aussie author. Those are the 3 I cant renew so getting there, then I can tackle the other 11 LOL

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Wed May 14, 2014 5:14 pm

I agree, Helen. I am going to try the second one since I have it and then decide whether to sign up for the book club that month. But I will try it and decide first. Supposed to be very popular and I have had several people come into our little shop at the library asking for it. Will let you know what I think.
Back to top Go down
Gwennie M

Number of posts : 1816
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Wed May 14, 2014 7:07 pm

I agree too, I won't read it if it's not good, whether everyone says it is or not. There are so many that I like and not enough time to read. I'm off to read now if I don't fall asleep.
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2251

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Thu May 15, 2014 8:52 am

Aaargh!  angry angry angry 

I'm reading Cinder, a futuristic re-telling of the Cinderella story, by Marissa Meyer. It's well done and has occasional spurts of sarcastic humour that literally make me LOL. I downloaded the audio from my online library.

So, I'm at the point where she gets to the ball and has just started dancing with the Prince and BAM! No more book!  Apparently the upload DIDN'T INCLUDE THE LAST DISC IN THE BOOK!

angry angry angry 

I've gone back to the online library, no copies are available and there's a waiting list. I've tried my other online library, same deal. There are also no physical copies, CD or paper, to be had in any of the library systems in southwest Washington state.

I am NOT amused. Knuppel 

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
slumbersoft

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Thu May 15, 2014 4:48 pm

0h, how awful! I once dropped a paperback in the toilet  Thud and had to go scrambling to call all the second hand book stores to find another.  lol!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Thu May 15, 2014 9:13 pm

Oh no FB, thats beyond frustrating, you might have to fill in time by thinking up creative endings yourself?

I finished all 3 books, they can go back and I can start on the remaining 11 13 (bob came home with 2 more yesterday)

Bobbie, I thought you were going to say you scrambled for the paperbook to get it out of the toilet so you could finish reading it  Shocked lmao 

Number of posts : 9373

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Fri May 16, 2014 5:05 pm

I would be furious FB as I know you are. 

I dropped a pair of sunglasses in the toilet at Wal Mart one day and just left them in there!  NO WAY was I sticking my hand in there.  They didn't mean that much to me......  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Fri May 16, 2014 5:37 pm

One time laura gave me a lollipop to hold for her, I stuck it in the back pocket of my jeans, later that night it fell out into the toilet, go figure. I had to retrieve it though as at a friends house but I used the toilet brush and lots of paper and then half the soap cleaning my hands just in case! Ill never look at a chuppa chup lolly pop the same again  lmao 

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Tue May 20, 2014 5:50 pm

I started the second book club book, Gone Girl, and I don't know if I will like it after I get finished but it is really holding my interest for now.
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Just finished Apart at the Seams by Marie Bostwick! It was very good! She is one of my favorite authors!
Back to top Go down
slumbersoft

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:00 am

Finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and it was hard to put down. But I really didn't like it all in all and would not really recommend it. It is really a thriller so keeps you reading it. The movie is coming out in Oct with Ben Affleck so will probably go see it just to see what they do with that book. I will be interested to see what others have to say at the book club.

Now I'm back to the Outlander series, now on book 5 and book 8 comes out on the 10th in the US. The TV series on Starz network starts Aug. 9 and I can't wait, looks really good. I did see that the series will be carried by Sony in the UK and Soho(?) in Australia. I may have that name wrong. All the trailers look great and it is supposed to faithfully follow the book.
Back to top Go down
Gwennie M

Number of posts : 1816
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:07 pm

I am desperate to read the new Outlander but it was $24.95 at Walmart and I couldn't see paying that much if I can borrow from the library at some point. I haven't checked on Amazon, etc. yet either, I'm sure I could find a deal somewhere.
Just started The Hurricane Sisters by Dorothea Benton Frank, I love her books. She writes about families in the South very well. Nothing complicated, just fun, easy reading for summer.
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:30 pm

Reading Woman of Courage by
Wanda Brunstetter. It is her latest, not about the Amish this time but about a Quaker woman who travels from New York to become a missionary to the Indians. Pretty good so far.
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

Number of posts : 1956

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:02 am

Anyone else a Chee/Leaphorn fan? So sad when Tony Hillerman died but now his daughter, Anne, is continuing the series. Just read her first attempt, Spider Woman's Daughter. Her father would be proud. Stories are set in New Mexico with lots of Navajo & Hopi culture.
Back to top Go down
Marian

Number of posts : 4989

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Just finished reading The Snow Girl by Eowyn Ivey. Gwen recommended it. Very good book! Anita I was just thinking of reading that one next! I am doing a quilt block of the month called Woman of Courage.

Marian in Ohio
Back to top Go down
Anita M.

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:25 pm

It was very good, Marian! Next up is Top Secret Twenty One by Janet Evanovich!
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

Number of posts : 1956

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:24 am

I just finished The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. So much hype about it. Good story BUT - it was 26 CD's long - YIKES. She could have told the same story well in 15 CD's. Way too much information!
Back to top Go down
slumbersoft

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:18 pm

I'm reading Them Bones by Carolyn Haines, a mystery set in the Mississippi Delta. Since I was from MS as a child thought I would try it and it is pretty good, a little humorous and quirky. This the first in a series and I picked up the first 2 so trying them out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book I'm Reading   Today at 5:59 am

Back to top Go down

Book I'm Reading
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next