The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Mamu

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:50 am

I picked up the mailbox yesterday... and guess what?? I received Tracy and Cindee's blocks!!
I now have all the blocks (I think) so I will be figuring out how to set them....gonna need more coffeecup

Laura living in NW Montana

<<< "Quilter's share a common thread" >>>
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

Number of posts : 9710
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:20 am

Looks really good Louanne. The scraps in the sashing really bring it all together.

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
quiltmom9 AQM9

Number of posts : 3497
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:43 pm

Very nice Louanne!

I received my block from Jill today. Beautiful block Jill thank you!

"Betweens" did you get a block from me? I don't have your name marked and wondering if I didn't get one off to you.

Living in the beautiful Sierra Nevada of Northern California

http://community.webshots.com/user/abertquiltmom9
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

Number of posts : 12840
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:52 am

Don said he would help hold the rules if I can get my hand to work to cut those last four quilt blocks .He's afraid I'll get cut on the cutter, but we sure will try and see what we can come up with. I keep it right on the machine so if my hand will work I can jump right on it. Four blocks sounds so simple but with no grip, it might as well be 1,000. The beautiful sun is pouring right in on my sewing table too, so just the right day, if everything goes well, maybe this is the day.

The hurrier I go the behinder I get!
http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/suziq-41/
Back to top Go down
Jill

Number of posts : 4414
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:04 am

Speaking for myself, please do not hurt yourself while trying to make these blocks. I have several projects going right now and I can wait until you are feeling better. I'd rather you wait until you're feeling better than knowing you made your pain worse trying to make them now.
Back to top Go down
sewn3w

Number of posts : 5038
Registration date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:16 am

Krafty Lady wrote:
Don said he would help hold the rules if I can get my hand to work to cut those last four quilt blocks .He's afraid I'll get cut on the cutter, but we sure will try and see what we can come up with. I keep it right on the machine so if my hand will work I can jump right on it. Four blocks sounds so simple but with no grip, it might as well be 1,000. The beautiful sun is pouring right in on my sewing table too, so just the right day, if everything goes well, maybe this is the day.

any chance you could do what Gimpy did? Get the strips, have DH help write the info and send them out instead of the block?
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:37 am

Thanks but strips would be harder for me to cut and I have to use what I have. Will be OK sewen. just a little clumsy right now. There are only four to make and three to send out, the other one is mine. Tami has the envelopes ready to mail out and i have the labels already done, so just have to concentrate on the cutter and take it slow.

Don goes to the new eye doctor to see about the implants tomorrow and I go the next day to get the lazier done on both mine so we can both see what we are doing around here. We sure can't both get down at the same time now, that could really become dangerous. We together don't make one good person right now. Thanks for the ideas.

Back to top Go down
texasmusicmom

Number of posts : 6801
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:49 pm

As my dad (86) says....."gittin' old ain't for sissies, baby!" (Insert Texas accent)
Hope it all works for you! Good luck!!!!

Lou...that looks amazing....great idea!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20333

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:00 am

Norma I just received your beautiful block, gorgeous fabrics, thank you so very much for making it and your writing it lovely and neat and tidy, thank you hug08

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:19 am

Oh , good Helen, that isn't my writing, Tami did all the addressing of envelopes, all I did was try to print on the blocks. So glad you got it though. Was the envelope intact??

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:57 pm

Yes Norma, the envelope was intact, the writing on both the envelope and blocks is lovely and neat, it was like opening an envelope filled with spring with your fabrics, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:09 pm

Glad you liked it Helen. Got the laser done on my eyes today and can actually see again, they said that usually has to be done after cataract surgery and that seems to be what was wrong here. Don has much worse problems, he has to get cornea transplants for both of his eyes though. His first one is December 10th and I sure hope it works, then in a couple months the same to the other one. He has to lay flat on his back for 48 hours and that will be hard for both of us.

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:51 pm

Oh thats wonderful that you have better vision, just brilliant, so happy for you. Hope Don manages and has great results too, my ex-SIL had cornea transplants and they made such a difference to her, she never could see clearly but she had real problems, still, she want from a world of black and grey shadows to colour and shapes, wishing Don all the best wtih his, be good if he can see his xmas dinner!

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2013-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:39 pm

I have just received your blocks Fiberbabble and Cindee they are lovely my wall is filling up so fast thanks all for the work you have done to create a beautiful friendship quilt
Back to top Go down
Jill

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:09 am

FB, I think it's been enough time to let you know I have not received your block, hopefully it's just our slow mail service...I'll certainly let you know when I receive it.
Back to top Go down
FiberBabble

Number of posts : 2276
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:51 am

Jill wrote:
FB, I think it's been enough time to let you know I have not received your block, hopefully it's just our slow mail service...I'll certainly let you know when I receive it.

Give it a few more days, Jill. I think that yours and one other went out last. I remember because a different person helped me at the post office and they charged me more than I paid for the ones I'd sent on the previous trip. I didn't realize until this swap how... subjective... the prices I pay are. You'd think an envelope is an envelope is an envelope.
big sigh

(clicky, clicky!) FiberBabble's Blog
Back to top Go down
Jill

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:46 pm

Yes, I should have waited...your block was in the mailbox today. It is beautiful. Like you, I surely don't understand why an envelope is not an envelope.
Back to top Go down
slumbersoft

Number of posts : 2117
Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:50 pm

That looks wonderful, Hummer, and such a good idea. I hope mine will look half that good. I have another baby quilt to do for a shower so after that I can start in earnest.
Back to top Go down
sewn3w

Number of posts : 5038
Registration date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:53 am

I think i figured out how to lay out the blocks. I have a pic to add but not sure i can get it on here.
There are 4 blocks across, 5 down. Will add sashing and then put my block on the back and another with Quilter's Last Resort 2015 on the back also.
Back to top Go down
Mouse

Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:16 pm

Norma, your beautiful block arrived yesterday. The fabric you have used is so pretty - thank you.
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:20 pm

Glad you finally got it, now to figure out how many more is out there too.

Back to top Go down
Jill

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:52 am

I took the three envelopes (two to Australia and one to Canada) this morning, dreading the trip since the last time I went was such a fiasco. Well, I had the same employee and she each envelope and tried to drop it through the slot. It went through except for one corner and she said oh, that's no problem and pushed it through by hand. (Last time I was there she said it had to fall freely.) Postage was $2.38 for each one, last time she told me they would be at least $5 each. So I paid the bill and left, shaking my head because of the way she acted last time. Complete turn around this time, thinking perhaps they have received some complaints about her??? I had written a scathing review online after my last visit there.
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:01 pm

Crazy.

Back to top Go down
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:41 pm

Fiber - your block arrived yesterday .... woo hoo - nearly time to sit down and work out how to put together.
Back to top Go down
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:09 pm

Cindee - your block is here too. These blocks are all sew pretty - I have to sit down and work out how I am going to put them all together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015   Today at 11:04 pm

Back to top Go down

Friendship Quilt Signup, Vote, and Information 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next