The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Summer Row by Row swap

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11377
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:32 pm

FB, butterflyhug
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 19917
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:51 am

FB hang in there, wish we could help, do some driving for you, some clearing and odd jobs, anything you needed, bake you some cookies, make you a cuppa for the road. We miss you and are keeping your spot here warm and waiting for you.

Memaw, thought you couldnt design? Huh, Huh, Huh? Scammer, thats what you are, your rows are adorable, well done!!! Very creative

Linda your row is too cute, well done, dont worry about being a tad late, you have to move first!

Ok I have to confess, I had to check when the date was for swapping being due, I still have 10 days whew I havent even had a chance to think about what I want to do let alone get a pencil and paper anywhere near each other but I will, I promise.

Oh and yeah, I reckon you got it right TxMary, I guess Halloween is next followed by Fall?? I might be able to draw me dead, face down in the garden somewhere, with frost on my upturned toes because frost would come after I drop dead from all this work, not before. If it came before Id not be doing some of this yard work at this time of year and I could be inside drawing summer rows instead!! Climate change is making more work for me at the moment Thud

Number of posts : 9479

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:21 am

Okay, let's make this clear. you are not, I repeat NOT, allowed to drop dead in your garden. I'll come down there and lock you in your sewing room first!

I don't think the order we do these really matters Helen, somewhere we will end up doing two similar ones back to back. Wish we had a summer holiday instead of two Holidays in the Fall. Do ya'll have anything to celebrate in the Summer?We have the 4th of July but that is not something you need. Guess I could design my own 4th of July and leave off Thanksgiving? Hmmm, I will have to think on this.  Undesided  I just kinda like the "balance" of a holiday in each season. Fits with my OCD tendencies.  geek

Always in a Texas state of mind.
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:20 pm

Here's my two rows. The pictures aren't real centered but the rows are centered, really they are. lol! PLEASE don't panic over the teddy bears ....it can easily be simplified...no pads on paws, easier face, simpler food, etc.......

http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/TxQuilter59/library/#/user/TxQuilter59/library/?&_suid=136183123861005557608880981697
Back to top Go down
memaw4

Number of posts : 9362

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:32 pm

Love them TxMary, just love them.... Smitten

Doesn't Fall come before Halloween?    They are pretty close together aren't they? Undesided

I must be crazy, but for some reason Tracy I thought your mother was living with you now.   I love to drive, but I wouldn't like driving 400 miles "every" week.  Hoping you can get things settled and soon.  Hug
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm

Why don't the bull ants around here smile like that????  Love the rows, how did you get such cute expressions on the bears faces, their mouths are awesome, did you draw or applique the mouths? Love the lined picnic basket, really cute, love the tea pots too. I have a tea towel from yrs ago, does anyone remember the tea towel quilt along/challenge where we all appliqued a tea towel a month? Anyway, my favourite has a picnic scene I did, its wearing out and I was sad but Im thinking I might incorporate my lemonade bottle and make a 'hunny' burger for the bears so I will remember my favourite tea towel! Great job TxMary!!

Summer holidays, hmmmm, we have Australia Day but its not like 4th July, its boring and we have Christmas azn We can do halloween and then skip thanksgiving and work on the xmas holiday one, then drop back to thanksgiving with whatever season is left? I dont mind what order we do them in Thumbup

PS No Im not planning on going 'leg up'in the garden, I think the frost would damage my cute suede witches boots lmao lmao

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:55 pm

The bears' mouths are a combination of applique and paint. The ants' faces are painted. I also painted the other detail lines because I was not in the mood to embroider. geek Here are some close ups. Not great pics, no natural light, but hope you can see where I painted in the fine lines that extended from the top edge of mouth.

Hmm, pics are a bit better than I thought. Good on me, did something right today.

BTW, I emailed all the patterns. Please let me know if you don't get them.

Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:13 pm

I really love those patterns, TMQ!!!
placard
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:13 am

Wow, your painting skills are top notch, such expressions on their faces, well done, they are awesome and the pics turned out great, thanks for the close ups, too cute!!

Meant to comment, Memaw, I liked how you put the clouds on both rows to provide continuity, it looks great!

Linda, Im in love with the quilt half hidden underneath your row sketch, colours fabrics, pattern looks pretty lovehearts

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:33 pm

I have my rough sketches done, need to do the final enlarged ones, there is rain coming so I will be able to stay inside and get it done by the 30th I promise!!

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:51 pm

These are going to be exceptional RxRs
Back to top Go down
memaw4

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:26 am

Thank you Gimpy.   Can't wait to see yours...... Cheesy
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:29 am

I am eager to see all of them.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:38 am

I got mine draw to scale this afternoon and I have pieced the backgrounds, got all the pieces fused on one row. Have the fusible traced ready for the 2nd row, will do it tomorrow and take pics and get the rows scanned and emailed out

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:51 pm

My summer rows, fused but not yet stitched down, I will add a button and ribbon to the hat when its finished. I drew up rows that depict some of our summer time relaxation activities.

I tucked the ric rac under the top edge of the towel so when I fused it down it will hold it for stitching later and that was a book I was reading at the beach this summer, a history book, the Rajah quilt is a Tasmanian quilt, convict women were given scraps and made the quilt during their voyage to Van Diemens Land. You can see a pic of the quilt on display HERE

I cut some rock fabric for the fireplace

Especially for Memaw, I had to add a snake, this happy friendly little guy is a Banded Sea Krait, he is just basking in the sun helping his food digest, he isnt coming to bite anyone, they dont really bite, very calm, laid back snakes. So, just for you Memaw, here is Betty the Banded Krait

I will scan and email patterns shortly Very Happy

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:34 pm

Oh, we have a red tent and bob has a bright yellow kayak and laura's is a white/blue dappled one hence my colour choices Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:11 am

Really nice Helen. I like how your rows really represent ya'll in the summer. Nice fabric choices too.

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:52 pm

The row with the boats need a strip of water so the boats dont look like they are sailing on the sand, I will need to find some blue and will fuse it over the top. You might want to make a note on your own patterns before assembling the background Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:02 pm

Oh, I guess my mind's eye told me they were on the water, slightly over the horizon. Never noticed there was no blue. lol!

I sure like emailing the patterns, so fast and way cheaper! mailbox

Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:23 pm

When  both Laura and Bob picked up on it I decided they are right, I need to add a strip of water. So here it is with the water added and it does look 'right' now. I simply unpicked the sand & sky pieces and inserted a 1 1/2" strip of water. You might want to note that down on the pattern that it needs the water added.

TxMary, I designed the rows after you commented a while back you would love to see representations of each swappers on the rows, things that mean something to us etc, I thought it was a good idea, so here is summer relaxation means for me and my family

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:50 pm

I really love them. Thanks for connecting us to the rajah quilt.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:59 pm

Hope you find it interesting, its a fascinating quilt, here is the pic to save people from having to hunt it up, gives you an idea of the size of it

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:23 am

My rows represent me in subtler ways. I love teddy bears, I always have. Used to have a huge collection but finally donated them to a Christmas toy drive. I love the song, Teddy bears picnic. I love picnics. So that is where that one came from. The ants came from our joking around about summer in Texas. We definitely have the ants but I thought cute better than realistic.

I haven't had time to read about the quilt yet but I am looking forward to it.

Back to top Go down
memaw4

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Ya know Gimpy if I start dreaming about snakes I get to blame you for it.... lol! lmao 

What my rows represent:  my love for birds and nature.  The more birdhouses or feeders I can have hanging around the better I love it.... Smitten
Back to top Go down
TxMaryQuilts

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Fri May 27, 2016 3:33 pm

Did Linda get her pattern emailed before things went to heck on her house? I am not finding it in my files and I am trying to make sure I am caught up with my printing. If it did get sent, could someone send it to me please. If it didn't, and Linda sees this, it's okay. Not in a hurry, just want to get my patterns in one place. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer Row by Row swap   Today at 7:57 am

Back to top Go down

Summer Row by Row swap
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next