The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars

Share | 

Amish Shipshewana-BOM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Amish Shipshewana-BOM   Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:30 pm

Sentimental Stitches has her 4th block up and you are able to still get the other 3 it is a mystery and is starting to look awesome.
you can go to her side bar and it will be listed there...

www.sentimentalstitches.net.
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Amish Shipshewana-BOM   Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:38 pm

Thanks...its been awhile since I've visited this site, looks like an interesting quilt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amish Shipshewana-BOM   Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:02 pm

Thanks for the reminder. It's been awhile since I've been on that site. Always lots of interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
quiltermarynel

Number of posts : 11398
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Amish Shipshewana-BOM   Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:18 pm

Lovely!
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

Number of posts : 12612
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Amish Shipshewana-BOM   Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:22 am

So far I like that, now if I don't forget it!!! It gets confusing with so many going on that I like. Thanks :) Norma

The hurrier I go the behinder I get!
http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/suziq-41/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amish Shipshewana-BOM   Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:26 pm

Krafty lady your post duplicated so I deleted one of them just in case you get a message.. I will set reminders when the next block comes out so that you won't forget!! would love to see if anyone makes them.. please post pics..
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

PostSubject: Re: Amish Shipshewana-BOM   Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:32 pm

Thanks Deb, I've had that happen frequently lately, can't figure out why. I can't figure out what colors would look good wit it, plan on doing it later, but at least I'll have the pattern. Norma

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amish Shipshewana-BOM   Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:27 pm

Norma.. this quilt would lovely in Prim colors or just in the Amish colors as the pattern suggests.. I have about well I don't know how many projects going now.. but everywhere I sit I have something different to do in different stages...but am enjoying each of those stages so much.. I haven't seen you updating your webshots with any projects lately.. what are you currently working on to ease your troubles??
Back to top Go down
Krafty Lady

PostSubject: Re: Amish Shipshewana-BOM   Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:55 pm

Deb, before Don had this last heart attack I was making several animals for the needy children for Christmas, but then that happened and I injured my foot the day he had his stint put in and haven't had the time to get back to it yet. I found an out let to get rid of a bunch of things around here and give to the needy so I dug in, gave away a pick up load so far and more to go. Can't really work on any close work right now as I now have cataracts that need attention to see better. Kind of limbo at the moment, not because I want to!! I've never really paid too much attention to the Amish colors, I've kind of always leaned to more of my like and not branched out much, so many I like I still want to do, but would like to get into something different, just don't want to waste the material, when I really don't have any idea as to what would look good in the pattern. I have several things partially done but don't want to ruin them, and Don isn't as good as he should be yet too. Hope I get some answers from the doctor tomorrow about some of my concerns, he was so much better by this time when he had his other one four years ago and his chest was opened then where this time it was just a stint. Doesn't make sense to me. Norma

Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13223

PostSubject: Re: Amish Shipshewana-BOM   Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:15 pm

Krafty, take a deep breath and give your self some time .... you will find what you want to do when other stressfull things are taken care of... I am sure having the cataracts taken care of will help you immensely and when you are comfortable with Don's progress you will again feel like sewing something new... Sometimes lifes stress just gets in the way... put your feet up and enjoy looking thru magazines and patterns for now...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Amish Shipshewana-BOM   Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:24 pm

I'd love an opinion. I want to make this quilt for my sister. I'm thinking of all stash fabrics in blacks, reds, dark gold and light gold. I have TONS. Okay you all do too.

I do like the black. I have lots of blacks, would it look all right to have different blacks....kind of black on black. I don't think I have enough of any one black to do the entire project.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amish Shipshewana-BOM   Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:33 pm

If you are wanting to make a traditional Amish quilt you would use solid black. That's what they use. If they run out of it they use another solid black..different dye lots. IMO a lot of fabrics look good with black so you could make the quilt with what you have and it would be a pretty quilt..just not an Amish one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amish Shipshewana-BOM   Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:49 am

luvsquilting.. of course it would look great with many blacks.. remember quilts were not always made with all the same fabrics.. it would be your own unique quilt.. post pics so that we can see what and how you have progressed would love to see..lucky for you sister.. I love this quilt and hope in the NEAR future I can start on these blocks..infact you have given me a new idea!!
Back to top Go down
Luvsquilting

Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Amish Shipshewana-BOM   Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:55 pm

Thank you Deb and Ann. I don't think I care if it's truly Amish. Maybe this could be a Lutheran quilt. I'll sleep on it and decide if I want to use solid black. I don't care, but I'm making it for my sister and she'd be more into the Amish thing.

Hey Deb, is the cat in your avatar a Rag Doll? Sure looks like one. They are known to have the sweetest personalities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amish Shipshewana-BOM   Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:48 pm

No Luvsquilting.. she is an offspring of a barn cat.. but she sure has a great personality and is full of character.. she is not a dumb one!! that is for sure.. thanks for noticing my little sweet pea.. she is #4 I have 3 others.. her mommy and 2 of her cousins all saved from the great outdoors and all beauties (no pride in this family..nope no way...LOL)

Yes I think it is best you decide on what suits sister best on how you would like it to look.. but I would still love to see the pics as you go through the process... gives us a little story on what made you decide on the fabrics you picked.. how easy was it for you to place the pattern together.. memories of the quilt as you are making it.. then you can print it all off and give it to your sister with the quilt so that she will know of your quilting journey as you made her special quilt.. just an idea..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amish Shipshewana-BOM   Today at 2:48 am

Back to top Go down

Amish Shipshewana-BOM
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1