The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:02 pm

Hello Ladies.. I now have 5 of these blocks done.. and posted on my blog. After posting the pics I realised that I should have picked off some of the threads..LOL
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

Number of posts : 20322
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:13 pm

oh they are looking lovely Deb, thanks for sharing, I think its neat you get a kick out of her designs, hope you get to meet her one day, she is really nice

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:24 pm

she is coming to the states this week but not near me!! to bad.. I bet we would have lots of fun...I know I need some work on the embroiderie.. I usually do a different back stitch and these little pieces are small..
thanks for the compliments
Back to top Go down
golo

Number of posts : 13244

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:30 pm

absolutely darling... I love your embroidery..... this will really be a cute quilt... like your updated blog too...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

Number of posts : 3396
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:46 pm

Betweens,
I've been doing Lynette's noah's ark blocks as well. I like them because they are small and can be finished quickly. I'm also new to embroidery so small is good.I'm using the 25mm thread so mine are looking a little different, can't get the detail with the thicker thread. Didn't know that when I started, but decided to stay with the thicker thread. I've finished the first 5 and am working on Noah and the Giraffe's. Saw yours, they look good! I think it will make a nice wall hanging when we are done!
Have Fun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:08 pm

I have copies of the blocks, but didn't download them. I held paper up to the monitor and traced. My blocks will be a bit bigger..which I prefer. The 2" blocks just seem too small for me. Did you sew the fabrics around the design before doing your stitching? If not..how in the heck do you hold on to the piece and see what you're doing? Shocked They are sooo cute! I may draw a few extras and add them..I dunno?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:09 pm

Yes Linda you are right it is only a little mini wall hanging of about 26 in the blocks are about 2-2 1/2 in and the longest is only 5in...
I am coordinating a Mini Auction for May in one of our Guilds and this will probably be for that event. We don't get enough embroiderie patterns here..

Linds where are your pics?? do you have a blog?? or webshots?? picsa?? am really interested in seeing them.. don't forget you are able to split your thread to make it thinner as well.. that is what Ido to get the fine work done... I don't think everyone realizes how small those cat eyes are or the french knots in the bunny tales and noah's beard...LOL

Finisher.. I sew'd the slim logs on after it was stitched but stitched from the back so that I can see where the embroiderie was.. but really that might have been a better idea to put the logs on first..I will do that with the cows.. thanks :study:
Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:15 pm

Betweens, I'll take a pic and post it in my album in a couple days after my visitor leaves.
I have a webshots album but it's not up to date. Just can't seem to find the time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:59 am

Deb, they look amazing and you did them so fast. I will have to do mine now :lol: How many threads did you use? I was thinking of using two.

Annie and Linda are you doing this one too? I cant wait to see them.

Polly x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:58 am

I've gotten as far as tracing off the patterns. I've had a bit of a bug this week and haven't had enough energy to do much. The blocks are so small I wondered about what thread to use too. I think if I was doing the 2" blocks..maybe 1 or 2 threads? I guess I'll have to take a few test stitches and see what looks right? I'm also on the fence about doing them in various colors or just all one color.
Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:03 am

Very nice blocks indeed! I also enjoyed reading about your class. It looks like it was a real success!
Back to top Go down
iambuzzysma

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:45 am

Betweens - I've never been to your blog before. Very nice. I'll be checking in daily now. What fun!! :flower:
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:26 pm

I have seen lynettes work in real life, she uses 2 strands, I use one stand for satin stitch, 2 for everything else, have fun

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:38 pm

Lynette tells you how many strands.. it is 2 strands unless otherwise stated..for the cat one strand and I used DMC floss.. I have all kinds for kits that I made up to do later in life that is a couple of chests full and down my list at the moment.. with this little piece it won't take up to much floss..

Now I am very excited it would be really great to see others blocks and what they do.. now to get ideas you can go to her site and you will see others that have done it .. I know there is one that done it in redwork.. so take a look, take your time.. and lets see some bitty blocks.. Gimpy get out some of your "scrappy threads and do one.. I am sure it would be a joy to hang.. you can put Angel beside Noah or standing on the tortise's rather than a cat..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:25 am

I have done the rabbits, the pic is a bit blurry so I have not posted it here, it's in the gallery though. It took longer than I thought but I enjoyed doing it. Now I have to decide on the log cabin fabrics.

Polly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:08 am

Polly..it sure is cute! If you think the pic is blurry as is..try enlarging it! haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:54 am

Annie....... I have tried everything, shrinking it, enlarging it. I took over 20 pics of the little thing and everyone was blurry. Obviously my camera dont do small!!!! will try again later with son's camera.
Back to top Go down
Linda 2B

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:58 pm

Here are my first 5 Noahs Ark blocks. They are ok
but I think I may redue them using the smaller floss.

Back to top Go down
Calico_Chris

Number of posts : 4269

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:03 pm

Very nice Linda!!
I've been having some hand issues and hand work is out of the question for me right now. I've always enjoyed embroidery
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:47 am

Linda they look great!! I am not looking forward to doing the cows.. they look a little hard.. Ithink I am saving those babies for last.. LOL
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:12 am

Has anyone got new pics of their blocks, would love to see how they are coming along :)

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:47 am

Haven't had a chance to work on them. Soon hopefully!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:56 am

I look forward to seeing them, they are a cute pattern :)

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:00 am

I haven't done any stitching..so far. I'm just gathering the patterns. If anybody else is interested in these cute little embroideries..I thought I'd post the link again.
http://lynetteandersondesigns.typepad.com/lynette_anderson_designs/noahs-ark-.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:37 am

Hi Everyone.. just so you know the last of the blocks is now posted.. she now has the mud map all laid out.. get your patterns while you can..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design   Today at 3:14 am

Back to top Go down

Noah's Ark-Lynette Anderson's Design
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next