The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage

Share | 

Charity quilt projects from the Houston Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
texasmusicmom

Number of posts : 6742
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Charity quilt projects from the Houston Show   Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:19 pm

Here are some quilt charities that were at the Houston show and some info:
Quilts Beyond Borders...Started in 2007 with the delivery of 230 quilts to HIV orphans in Ethiopia. They had a huge sit and sew at the show. Presently working to deliver a quilt to each special needs orphan in Addis Ababa...capital of Ethiopia. They accecpt finished quilts, tops, supplies, UFO's, batting, thread. The best size is 42 by 48 to 42 by 60. Simple pattern quilts are the best. Fabric should be cotten or cotten blends and any type batting. Bright and dark colors look great longer. Machine quilting holds up best. Include a label with your name and a space for the child's name. Finished quilts should be mailed to:
Cherokee, Attention Holly Fling
111 East Hargett Street, Suite 300
Raleigh, NC 27601
When I googled this, I came up with articles about them, so I guess they do not have a website. I'm sure more info can be found at the above snail mail address.

Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative Create and donate a small quilt for the Priority: Alzheimer's Quilt project. The maximum size is just 9" by 12"...just large enough to fit into USPS flat cardboard priority mailer without folding. The quilts are auctioned monthly or sold outright. All profit is used to fund Alzheimer's research. They had a huge booth auctioning off these quilts....it was amazing. For more info and pictures see www.AlzQuilts.org

Quilts of Valor www.QOVF.org Machine quilters team up with quilt piecers to create and quilt a throw for our War wounded soldiers.
Back to top Go down

Charity quilt projects from the Houston Show
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1