The Quilter's Last Resort
The Quilter's Last Resort

The LAST place you'll have to find when looking for quilting companions.

HomeHome  Quilters ResortQuilters Resort  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season

Share | 

LOW - GI Diet, recipes & tips for Type 2 diabetes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
golo

Number of posts : 13244
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: LOW - GI Diet, recipes & tips for Type 2 diabetes   Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:11 pm

I would love to do the small meals , but its hard when I have to make supper for DH and FIL...

Golo

Dreams are wishes the heart makes... I dream of lots of quilting
Back to top Go down
gnomatter

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: LOW - GI Diet, recipes & tips for Type 2 diabetes   Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:22 am

Good info on here...Thanks! The one thing my PA did not help with was diet. Dr.s seem to be very limited with diet suggestions. Sad, really. Actually the only thing she offered was meds...which I refuse to take at this point. I did like you MT, just quit eating everything I thought had sugar in it...lost 20# right away, but I was starving all the time!!! I did manage to get another 9# off but I really am floundering with food choices.
I was doing so well now starting to gain weight back ...I really need to talk to a dietician. I am not even sure they have any here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something is not working. Actually the E word (exercise) has to happen to help with that.

I love rice over pasta...so the choices you mentioned, I will look for. One thing bad in our area is limited variety of foods. What may be common to you will be never seen here. I used to have DM send me things...now she lives here!

Keep up the recommendations. We may all get healthy yet.
Back to top Go down
MurrayTart

Number of posts : 1370
Location : Murray River NSW in Oz, hey, 101 ways to cook Squash!
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: LOW - GI Diet, recipes & tips for Type 2 diabetes   Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:42 pm

gnomatter, I find there is good food ideas on Google for Low GI recipes & diet recommendations. The simplest recommendation is to avoid food that is processed & increase foods high in fibre.

Some things are surprising like potatoes, with type 2 diabetes they are no better than white bread, doesn't seem to matter much skin or not.

Some foods here are now labelled Low GI but still sometimes I find they have too much sugar, like lowfat yoghurts!

Everything in moderation, starving makes me grumpy, so I have treat days on the wkends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOW - GI Diet, recipes & tips for Type 2 diabetes   Today at 11:13 am

Back to top Go down

LOW - GI Diet, recipes & tips for Type 2 diabetes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2